[SUBMOD] Tweaking PoP 3.7 (UPD #45, 2016-12-17, 04:34 PM)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
AkuArmoton said:
Could you add this 'Wife as companion' tweak? I'm fairly sure it's outdated and need some changes to make it work with the latest version of warband.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,162477.0.html

I had tested using that tweak with the current version of PoP, and it worked (albeit, with the same issues/drawbacks mentioned in that same thread).  Make sure to back up the file, of course.

I'd like to report something regarding tweak #28 (Fief Exchanging), something that i am actually surprised it popped up this late after using said tweak.

I need to set up an example for it to make sense, because it's kind of complicated:
I had Rane and no other fief while Count Ivanus had Talongrad Castle and two other villages.

I wanted to trade my Rane for his Talongrad Castle, but the option would not pop up, after fiddling around with other vassals i found that some vassals displayed the option of trading and some other did not, the ones that did displayed the option were owners of a Town fief.

I went and made myself owner of a castle and repeated the trading with Ivanus and surprise the option was now available and i could trade any fief as i desired.

I checked the coding on the tweak to make sure everything was exactly as the instructions mentioned and i saw no differences.

It seems like the issue is that if you don't have a fief of equal type as the other person has, regardless of what you want to actually trade, it will not display the option to enable trading. I can see why this issue did not popped up before, but again, it's a very minor issue that the tweak has.

WTF. :facepalm:
I could swear I tested different types of fiefs.

But there is a condition that should prevent the dialogue in the first place if player doesn't have fiefs that are "bigger" or equal than the "smallest" one of a lord's fiefs. I.e. if a lord only has a castle, and you only have a village, the dialogue should not appear.
But dammit, it turns out that instead of X>=Y, I set Y>=X. :facepalm:

Find
30 2 1224979098644774934 1224979098644774935
in the conversation.txt and replace it with
30 2 1224979098644774935 1224979098644774934
This should help.

Leonion said:
WTF. :facepalm:
I could swear I tested different types of fiefs.

But there is a condition that should prevent the dialogue in the first place if player doesn't have fiefs that are "bigger" or equal than the "smallest" one of a lord's fiefs. I.e. if a lord only has a castle, and you only have a village, the dialogue should not appear.
But dammit, it turns out that instead of X>=Y, I set Y>=X. :facepalm:

Find
30 2 1224979098644774934 1224979098644774935
in the conversation.txt and replace it with
30 2 1224979098644774935 1224979098644774934
This should help.

Seems like it now works as intended, thanks a million Leonion!

It was kind of strange for me that this issue arose after using this tweak for so long, i thought i did something wrong at first.

Tweak 15 - I am experiencing a bug where I chose to send my units to a keep and it charges me 500d, it takes no troops from me, then a neutral group appears near the village containing 0 troops which just runs in place.

The first line was very unclear OP wrote:
1) Open variables.txt. Add this to the very end of the file send_troops_tweak.
(The number of this variable will be correct for version 3.7063, for other versions it will have to be adjusted).

OK so I assume the number of this variable refers to the line it is on? If so, what is the original number OP is using and where in the code do I need to change it? Because we are supposedly using the same PoP version but none of my lines match his. Probably because he has added so many of his own tweaks that they changed?

Hmmm.
Did you actually put troops into that other party during the dialogue with a village elder when exchange menu appeared?

As for the global variable - do you play 3.7063 and have you changed the file variables.txt before? If it's "yes" to the first question and "no" to the second one, just don't mind this note in the brackets and simply add the variable to the end of the file after pop_list_num_items (the last variable in 3.7063).

I only hit the button to pay 500 and never saw a party window appear. Then there was a 0 troop party near the village.

Yes, I play 3.7063

I will try again tomorrow and provide screenshots so maybe I can figure out what I am doing wrong.

Thank's for all the great work and patience!

Did you add the tweak manually or did you use tweak compilation?

If it's the former, then try downloading the tweak compilation, finding that whole dialogue there and just copy-pasting it.

Gorvex said:
    @Leonion, I've been wondering one thing, that bugs me in basically all mods, including Native: What do you think, is it possible to edit/tweak the possible conversations (and actions) while being the marshall, so that you can still give the "May I suggest a course of action" related orders to other lords? (Currently these are available only when you are not the marshall) I'm mostly missing the option to tell a lord to besiege a walled fief on his own by saying this: "There is a fortress that can be taken easily....". As a marshall, it would be a neat feat to have the whole arsenal of orders for more options in a war, like opening sieges on multiple fronts :fruity:.
    (E.g.: The player character as a marshall, could for example take a town with the major forces of the faction's army, while ordering two other lords/vassals to start a siege on two different castles that need to build siege towers. After taking the city, the player could then just join these two lords one after another by telling them to mount the ladders inmediately (this would come most handy when the player did not specialize heavily in the engineering skill).)
    Adding a new order to make some lords follow the lords that you designate as the marshall would also be a nice addition in my opinion, if you could do such things. I know that by the endgame, you can already steamroll everything with various KO units, hero adventurers, etc. However when you are still a vassal, or you have just found your own kingdom and it is threatened by destruction because three other factions declared war on you at the same time, you could save the ass of the faction you are part of by splitting the forces of the army more effectively.
    I don't know how much time you've got currently and are these even doable, as I'm merely just asking what do you think about the things I've said. Anyway, thank you very much in advance for your responses! :lol:

Hi! Sorry for posting this once more, but I have a feeling that it had been overlooked, and I really wanted to ask what do you think about this Leonion, is it doable, are you feeling too that this might be a nice tweak to add, etc. Thanks :grin:

Yes, I'm sorry, I overlooked this message.
And, yes, this is all doable, but I'm too busy working on Perisno these days, so no more tweaks for PoP until I'm finished.
But I added your message to my "tweak ideas" file.

Leonion said:
Yes, I'm sorry, I overlooked this message.
And, yes, this is all doable, but I'm too busy working on Perisno these days, so no more tweaks for PoP until I'm finished.
But I added your message to my "tweak ideas" file.

Oh, I see. Anyhow, that's great, thanks! :wink:

kevinflemming said:
Leonion said:
kevinflemming said:
Is there anything to allow you to change a Lord's equipment? Not Companions who you made into Lords (as I know you can still access Companion's inventories) but ones who have joined your faction (either through their own will or an Oath of Fealty).

Now added as tweak #6.2. :smile:

Aw, you're a legend. Thank you so much!

Now I can theme the Lords who own larger fiefs to look more established than the others, with elaborate armour and such. Weee! :party:

EDIT: Sometimes they end up naked when stationed, but that is something you can fix by opening and closing their inventory. Had the same thing with the tweak to change your wife's clothing as well. They wear the equipment I gave them out in the field, so it's not a huge deal. Just have to get used to the hippy free-for-all whenever I host a feast lol.

Any idea if there's a way to fix this? Having my wife be naked every time I walk into the castle isn't exactly what I had in mind when I wanted to edit her equipment, lol.

Also, any way for the player to be able to give lords money? In my current playthrough, I'm an Empire vassal and Justus Dux lost all his fiefs, leaving him mad at Marius - probably because of that, he didn't get any fiefs when we got Ethos and Singal back, and neither did Lord Alus. As a result, they've burned through their funds, and are stuck perpetually in a castle/town trying to 'raise troops' with funds they don't have. Getting Marius friendly with them is a simple matter of asking my wife for ways to improve our standing, but they still didn't get any fiefs after I did that, and now there are no more to give so they're still sitting around growing discontented with Marius - I feel like it's a matter of time before one of them defects, or both do, which is quite unfortunate since I've put in some effort into building a relationship with Justus. Don't suppose there's any way to give one of my fiefs (I have 2 villages) to Justus either?

Thanks for the tweaks, by the way, Leonion. There's a lot of great QoL improvements in here - changing the village attack popup to a notification in particular is huge.

The fact that your wife is naked most likely means that she doesn't have itp_civilian clothes in her inventory.
You either need to find an item that has this property and give it to her, or add this property to the items you already gave her (though I'm not sure that changes you do to items appear in old saves).
3Dwrd9j.png

As for giving lords money... ehhmmm, tweak #25? :smile:

SCV Arius said:
So, what does that flag actually do, besides being equip-able by NPCs in non-combat scenes?

There is no "besides", that's what it does. :smile:

Or if you are talking about an alternative use of the same "multiplier" (I don't know what the correct term is) 0x0000000020000000 as itp_next_item_as_melee, it's used for weapons that can be used in multiple ways (like as a 2h weapon or as a polearm - there is a couple of such axes in PoP).

Leonion said:
The fact that your wife is naked most likely means that she doesn't have itp_civilian clothes in her inventory.
You either need to find an item that has this property and give it to her, or add this property to the items you already gave her (though I'm not sure that changes you do to items appear in old saves).
3Dwrd9j.png

As for giving lords money... ehhmmm, tweak #25? :smile:

D'oh! Don't know how I missed #25, thought I'd gone through all the tweaks carefully  :ohdear:

Anyway, I used cheatmenu to lure them out and give them troops, and they've gotten some fiefs too, so all's well that ends well, I suppose.

And the clothes tweak worked great! I can confirm that item tweaks are save compatible, be they flag changes like this or stat changes - I suspect item adding or removing is what breaks saves.

Thanks, Leonion!

Currently tweak #31 is not working. At all.
Upgrade times stay same no matter what i enter.

Thanks for all of the tweaks btw. I really love them. :eek:

UPD: Actually i just realized that i created my own order and talking to the castle steward.. So i need to change something else, right?

Mirrowel said:
Currently tweak #31 is not working. At all.
Upgrade times stay same no matter what i enter.

Thanks for all of the tweaks btw. I really love them. :eek:

UPD: Actually i just realized that i created my own order and talking to the castle steward.. So i need to change something else, right?

it's not THAT kind of upgrades, it's YOUR armor upgrades from when you get your order stronghold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom