Sturgian Shock Troop v. Veteran Warrior

Users who are viewing this thread

Shock Troop's stats are significantly worse across the board...why would I want one? Looks like from the picture they have a polearm of some kind instead of javelins, but similar armor...do they have some kind of hidden advantage to offset the lower skills?

Shock Troop's stats are significantly worse across the board...why would I want one? Looks like from the picture they have a polearm of some kind instead of javelins, but similar armor...do they have some kind of hidden advantage to offset the lower skills?

Are you using the stats from 1.2 or 1.3 (beta)?

Here's the skills taken right from SandboxCore\ModuleData\spnpccharacters.xml of 1.3:

Veteran WarriorShock Troop
Athletics130125
Riding6045
OneHanded130140
TwoHanded8060
Polearm80140
Bow6075
Crossbow2015
Throwing13030

Veteran Warrior uses Athletics, OneHanded, and Throwing due to gear (no horse, 1h axe, shield, javelin).
Shock Troop uses Athletics, OneHanded, and Polearm due to gear (no horse, 1h sword, shield, spear).

As you can see for the stats that matter, the two are largely equal with an edge to shock troop in all but athletics. Use the Veteran Warrior when you want infantry with a bit of pre-melee range attack. Use Shock Troop when defending from cavalry is important.

Last edited:
The name "shock troop" isn't very inspiring tbh.
They're pretty good in field battles, atleast offensively. But they fall short in two regards: Their armor is worse than the Veteran Warriors so they're more vulnerable, especially since they will be spending most of their time fighting with their Warrazor and not their 1H+SHIELD. And also because the Warrazor is one of the longest, if not THE longest, weapon in the game, making them rather useless in sieges when units are all cramped together in tight spaces.

Are you using the stats from 1.2 or 1.3 (beta)?

Here's the skills taken right from SandboxCore\ModuleData\spnpccharacters.xml of 1.3:

Veteran WarriorShock Troop
Athletics130125
Riding6045
OneHanded130140
TwoHanded8060
Polearm80140
Bow6075
Crossbow2015
Throwing13030

Veteran Warrior uses Athletics, OneHanded, and Throwing due to gear (no horse, 1h axe, shield, javelin).
Shock Troop uses Athletics, OneHanded, and Polearm due to gear (no horse, 1h sword, shield, spear).

As you can see for the stats that matter, the two are largely equal with an edge to shock troop in all but athletics. Use the Veteran Warrior when you want infantry with a bit of pre-melee range attack. Use Shock Troop when defending from cavalry is important.
Ok, glad to see this has been addressed. I'm in 1.2 b/c I had read there's some weird stuff happening in the beta.

Hmm.. I wonder what stats are on that warrazor they wield, I made one for my companion with reduced damage and faster swingspeed (84 speed, 150 damage) and she absolutely demolishes with it.

Back
Top Bottom