STEPPE BANDITS IN POROS

Users who are viewing this thread

Steppe bandits are op
they kill lords villagers and roam the whole map and one can catch them
they can patrol all the way to quraz oaxhal and in realistic they bases can have 100+ high tier archers in one area as soon as you enter
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERF STEPPE BADNITS

i just hate steppe bandits

I think minor factions and bandits should stay in certain areas on the map so you won't find aserai minors in sturgia (unless theyre hired as mercs) and steppe bandits in the middle of the empire

I just wish we had Manhunters in the game. They were the ones who kept all these bandits in check and if you were lucky enough to free a few and recruit them they were awesome. The only group who had all blunt weapons so lots of prisoners.

Playing a Steppe horse archer character I find them easy to catch and they are easy to overwhelm if you have an all cavalry horse archer force, they have nice loot as well

Yes, i just did that. 8 Steppe Bandits attacked me solo, i took them down. Easy there. But when you have an army is super annoying to deal with them, besides, unless you have speed 8 you wont catch them for start.

I just wish we had Manhunters in the game. They were the ones who kept all these bandits in check and if you were lucky enough to free a few and recruit them they were awesome.

That's what your parties are for... they hunt bandits and make some money selling the loot and the prisoners I usually have one or 2 in area's where I need the economy to function because i either have workshops there or because I trade goods from there. Of course the party will roam around and wander off chasing bandits but they will be close enough to have a bit of an impact

Yes, i just did that. 8 Steppe Bandits attacked me solo, i took them down. Easy there. But when you have an army is super annoying to deal with them, besides, unless you have speed 8 you wont catch them for start.

That's why you have a horse archer only army :wink: no footmen to slow you down

Steppe bandits needs their templates changed so that they aren't all cavalry (kinda like desert bandits). Having them zoom around at 7.7 speed is absurd.

Steppe bandits needs their templates changed so that they aren't all cavalry (kinda like desert bandits). Having them zoom around at 7.7 speed is absurd.
Why? My party zooms around at about 8.1 speed

Know what you want to do when you start playing and choose your culture and pick your targets accordingly why would you chase steppe bandits if you aren't an agile army consisting only of horses? And with a scout to improve your speed?

If you play a Western or Southern faction you should just ignore the steppe bandits only chasing them a bit to chase them away from your workshop regions to protect the economy but then just turn back when you chased them far enough and let them be someone else's problem

That affects speed?

EDIT: apparently it does either way all horses and a scout should let you run around as fast as steppe bandits it's horse archer only guys favourite target on reddit especially when you could loot lots of horses

with 10% less I would be equally fast until I get 1 or 2 more scout perks. So that doesn't explain everything.

What is your playstyle? What is your army like? Do you have a horse for every footman to increase your campaign map speed?

I don't have an issue with fast moving bandits. Why do you need to chase down every party? If you want to hunt mounted bandits, because say they're near your holding, slap some men in a garrison and take 20 soldiers/companions on horseback.

I'd rather not have this game nerfed into a covid-quarantime simulator where we all stay at home in our sweatpants.

with 10% less I would be equally fast until I get 1 or 2 more scout perks. So that doesn't explain everything.

What is your playstyle? What is your army like? Do you have a horse for every footman to increase your campaign map speed?

No you wouldn't be equally as fast without the 10% speed buff. If you're moving at 8.1 with it, you'd be moving at ~7.3 without it, ergo you cannot catch steppe bandits with full cavalry who move at 7.5+. Also the scout perks do nothing.

On realistic, you cannot really have any footmen in your party (with horses or not) if you want to catch steppe bandits. You need to have basically a small force entirely made of cavalry with a maximum size only a couple larger than the steppe bandit party and you need a decent high morale bonus from 80+ morale.

This makes the game devolve into tedious micromanagement of your party composition and is only possible once you own a town because you need to dump all gear and excess horses and pack animals into storage, dump all prisoners into prison, dump all troops into the garrison and pick a few select cavalry (and if your garrison is nearly full you need to dump them in a party or two), and only then can you hunt the bandits. And since generally you'll want as many cavalry as possible, you take as many cavalry as you can to exceed the speed of the largest steppe bandit party you see. Then after killing them (and you can maybe only take a couple prisoners), you need to go back to the town and repeat the above process, reducing your party size to handle the next smallest steppe bandit party, and repeat this tedious, time-consuming process ad nauseam. Keep in mind you'll only be moving at 0.1 or 0.2 faster than them (and often only during daytime) as well so you need to chase each party for days if you can't trap them into a corner. Oh, and you'll probably lose a couple cavalry from stray arrows or lucky lances along the way. Enjoy.

If you don't like the micromanaging or creating an all horse army then why are you whining about steppe bandits? They aren't your playstyle's natural target

What are you on about? Bandits need to be cleared out when they're harassing villagers trying to get to town to supply it. They need to be cleared out when you send a party member to go recruit. It's not about my 'playstyle', it's about playing the actual game. And I highly doubt micromanagement of inventory, troops, prisoners, and all that other tedious stuff is part of anyone's 'playstyle'. Are there people that legitimately enjoy clicking hundreds of times in the UI just to get their party speed to 7.8?

The other problem about them is how easily they can catch villagers, and only 5 of them or sth like that are able to take on the villager groups. Due to their speed they negatively impact your economy more then the other bandit factions. Its possible to keep them out of your lands but its much more difficult. The only question is, is it intended that the eastern factions have a much worse time with bandits or not?

Back
Top Bottom