Starting choices effects on stats

Users who are viewing this thread

hadn't visited these forums for some time so thanks to Ivan Khan i added - can read for oratory

btw does anybody know if new remastered edition or beta version touches any of these stats again?

Norfar said:
hadn't visited these forums for some time so thanks to Ivan Khan i added - can read for oratory

btw does anybody know if new remastered edition or beta version touches any of these stats again?
I haven't tried every single choice, but from what I can tell the starting choices' stat/skill effects are the same as in 1.04, and match up with the guide here.

thank you Wheem, I did check if there are any changes and i couldn't find any so im really happy that i dont need to do cross check it all again  :cool:

however if anybody finds any mistake let me know

cheers!

edwardecl said:
Feel free to update the spreadsheet with the new info.

Thank your Edward, i managed to update Skill-Rules table to the newest version so here it is

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aPYr-GZxaDN9kvxx2SGfQl5AUysJ9AhSl4H84fTk5ig/edit?usp=sharing

Hmmm...
My Female Tall Adult Choleric Wisdom Angle-Saxon Outlaw Martial Arts Priest's skills are somewhat different in a game...
For example, her PS and PT are lower by 1 but she has 1 Power Draw and her Spotting is bigger by 2.

Also companions' attributes are different in my royal sandbox campaign...

And how did you make this table?
Did you "decode" some files or got all the figures from selecting and comparing?
I tried to look up the code in the menus.txt (I did this twice for Perisno and Warsward Conquest) and I found the "distribution part" but it's kind of harder to decode than before....

P.S. NVM, I did the "decoding" in the end and got the following (ver. 2.0):

Base attributes: STR+9 CHA+9 AGI+9 INT+9
Base skills: WM+1 Athletics+1 Ironflesh+1 Leadership+1 Persuasion+1 Trade+1 IM+1 FirstAid+1

Female: STR-2 CHA+2 AGI-2 INT+2

Storyline: Sea-King+1

Height:
Short: STR-1 AGI+1
Tall: STR+1 AGI -1

Adult: STR+1 AGI+1 INT+1 CHA+1
Young: STR+2 AGI+2 INT-1 CHA-1

Personality:
Phlegmatic: CHA-1 INT+1
Melancholic: INT+1
Choleric: CHA+2
Sanguine:  STR+1 INT-1

Virtue:
Wisdom: INT+1
Fortitude: STR+1 CHA+1 INT-1 Athletics+1
Temperance: AGI+1 Ironflesh+1
Justice: INT+1 CHA+1

Ethnicity:
Foreigner: INT+2
Scoto-Pict: AGI+2
Briton: CHA+1 AGI+1
Irish: AGI+2
Frisian: INT+1 STR+1
Norse: STR+2
Anglo-Saxon: CHA+2

Father:
Noble (MALE): Leadership+2 Persuasion+2 Tactics+2 WM+2 Trainer+2 Riding+2 PT+2 PS+2 Ironflesh+2 Maintenance+2
Noble (FEMALE): Leadership+2 Persuasion+2 WM+2 Riding+2 Athletics+2 PT+2 FirstAid+2 WoundTr+2 IM+2 Maintenance+2
Merchant: Trade+4 IM+2 WM+1 Athletics+2 PT+1 Ironflesh+2 Navigation+2 Pathfinding+2 Looting+1
Craftsman: Trade+2 IM+2 Looting+1 Engineer+3 WM+1 Athletics+2 PT+1 PS+2 Ironflesh+2 Maintenance+4
Priest: 2133 2 144115188075856196 1 Athletics+2 PT+2 Ironflesh+2 Persuasion+2 Trade+1 IM+2 FirstAid+4 Surgery+2 WoundTr+2
Peasant (MALE): WM+1 Athletics+4 PT+2 PS+2 Ironflesh+2 Trade+1 IM+1 FirstAid+2 Looting+1 Maintenance+1
Peasant (FEMALE): FirstAid+2 Athletics+2 WoundTr+2 PT+2 PS+1 Ironflesh+1 Maintenance+1 Trade+1 IM+4 Looting+1
Outlaw: WM+2 Athletics+2 PT+2 Ironflesh+2 Spotting+2 Pathfinding+2 Tracking+4 Looting+3

Learnt While a Child:
Martial Arts (MALE): Leadership+2 Tactics+1 WM+1 Trainer+1 Riding+1 Athletics+2 PT+2 PS+2 Ironflesh+2 Maintenance+1
Martial Arts (FEMALE): Persuasion+2 Spotting+2 WM+1 Trainer+1 Riding+1 Athletics+2 PD+1 PT+1 PS+1 Ironflesh+2 Maintenance+1
Crafts: Leadership+1 Persuasion+1 Trade+1 IM+2 Engineer+1 Maintenance+2 WM+2 Athletics+2 PT+2 PS+2 Ironflesh+2
Stealing: WM+1 Athletics+2 PT+2 PS+1 Leadership+1 Persuasion+2 Spotting+2 Pathfinding+4 Tracking+3
Farming: Athletics+2 PT+2 PS+2 Ironflesh+2 IM+1 Spotting+2 Pathfinding+2 Tracking+2 Looting+1 Maintenance+1
Oratory: 2133 2 144115188075856196 1 Leadership+2 PT+2 Ironflesh+2 Persuasion+4 Trade+2 IM+2 FirstAid+2 Surgery+2 WoundTr+2

Vocation:
Landowner
Hunter: PD+2
Traveler
Priest: 2133 2 144115188075856196 1
Slave

As for "2133 2 144115188075856196 1 " - I'm not sure what it means but looks like reading skill or something like that (I haven't played VC myself yet, only read about it).

Thanks for updating, I was going to do it if you didn't :smile:.

Also has any of the starting stats changed for the companions? I know they have messed around with it before.

edwardecl said:

Also has any of the starting stats changed for the companions? I know they have messed around with it before.

Didn't check the stats yet (I only saw that attributes are much lower than before).
Will do it in a couple of hours.)
I was going to update my "Companion Planner" table anyway...

Well, the companions don'T start out at level 1 anymore but, I think, as between 5-12, depending on their story. I think Brunhild for example has a low level while Clovis or Egil as Warriros have higher ones, but I don't know the exact numbers.

Leonion said:
edwardecl said:

Didn't check the stats yet (I only saw that attributes are much lower than before).
Will do it in a couple of hours.)
I was going to update my "Companion Planner" table anyway...

Oh you have one of those, cool I was trying to make one but gave up could not work out how to make the like dislike thing generate viable party lists. Gonna have to look that one up.

Also I'm glad I made the spreadsheet with the vocations in it as they have now added 2 to power draw on one the the options :smile:. Wonder why they did that, why would you not pick hunter :/.

edwardecl said:
Oh you have one of those, cool I was trying to make one but gave up could not work out how to make the like dislike thing generate viable party lists. Gonna have to look that one up.

It's nothing special, really.
Just a table in Excel, mostly for skill/attribute/equipment pre-planning. it also calculates party skills.
I have data on like/dislike as well but no automatic party generation, only manual.
And for some reason it's really heavy and slow and big (hard to use on small monitors). I probably overdid with visual stuff.
Anyway, once I've finished I'll post the link here in case someone finds it useful...

Leonion said:
edwardecl said:

It's nothing special, really.
Just a table in Excel, mostly for skill/attribute/equipment pre-planning. it also calculates party skills.
I have data on like/dislike as well but no automatic party generation, only manual.
And for some reason it's really heavy and slow and big (hard to use on small monitors). I probably overdid with visual stuff.
Anyway, once I've finished I'll post the link here in case someone finds it useful...

Still better than nothing, I did kinda make one for PoP and Warband, but I found a forum post with every single combination that was viable and used that. I'm too lazy to sit there and work it out myself :razz:.

thanks Leonion, seems that i will have to recheck and fix whole table again; martial arts different for males and females who would have though if that  :razz:

edwardecl said:
Still better than nothing, I did kinda make one for PoP and Warband, but I found a forum post with every single combination that was viable and used that. I'm too lazy to sit there and work it out myself :razz:.

Sooo... here is the link as promised:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0QewS7fCh1cX21hRGVxWGlBaTg/view?usp=sharing

Table is going to need some serious editing to fix the male female differences :sad:. Might just be easier to copy the skill table twice or the range thing for the menus will be not be right. Damn it :smile:.

Edit: Never mind I've kinda fixed it for noble at least so far :smile:.

Edit 2: Fixed Martial Arts, seems a bit unbalanced though, female characters seem to get a lot of bonus points in those categories, someone check they are right, I've noted the rows not to edit (I've used an if statement to just get the values from the bottom so the lists don't get messed up). Also not sure if the weapons stats are the same as the male ones :-/.

Norfar, if you do figure out the correct values make sure not to copy over the formulas for martial arts and noble (if they are different for male and female characters), I'm not sure the ones posted above are correct or not because the male ones don't match your values.

I've gone through it and compared the difference between your stats and Leonion's together and took one away from the other where the values are not 0, the martial arts kinda match up now with +6 points each (still not sure if right), the noble has a 4 point difference favouring female characters.

Completely unrelated, but I did make something much like my Viking Conquest spreadsheet for prophecy of Pendor if anyone was interested in that, that companion calculator thing reminded me, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TGFhot9K1lYH_j5a5cG-r7s9jk1p7HpfqrgGU9nw5r0/edit?usp=sharing, you can kinda see what I wanted to do with viking conquest but could never figure out a way of calculating stable parties so gave up.

Remember to always download the spreadsheet as an excel spreadsheet, even though I did create it with LibreOffice, Google Docs seems to bork the validation of the lookups. Also don't ask me why GoogleDocs converts to Excel in a file size of ~450KB, if you open in LibreOffice and save it without even touching anything it will shrink the size down to 40KB if you are looking for a way of getting more spreadsheets on a floppy disk.

ok i added female choices since after thorough checking i found out that male choices already matched Leonion findings and now everything should be in order;

@edwardecl
in that spreadsheet now are missing only peasant(male/female) choices, also i didn't double check if others are correct since u probably changed all to Leonions base stat/skill values so it might be easier to upload that one that i updated and just add female choices, donno your call

Norfar said:
ok i added female choices since after thorough checking i found out that male choices already matched Leonion findings and now everything should be in order;

@edwardecl
in that spreadsheet now are missing only peasant(male/female) choices, also i didn't double check if others are correct since u probably changed all to Leonions base stat/skill values so it might be easier to upload that one that i updated and just add female choices, donno your call

I will take a look and fix it, just need to double check  which stats are correct.

Edit: Updated and added the peasant male/female formula and values from your post, double check it and edit if it's wrong. I only modified the added female stats not anything else, everything but Martial Arts (Female), Noble (Female) should have been your values, I tried to tweak Leonion's values to match your male ones more because they seemed off to me, dunno if you edited them but they seemed to be the same as the ones in your post.

Great i looked at the table and fixed the few mistakes and also found out one mistake in my guide (female spotting was in noble choice instead of martial arts) so it should be good now

Norfar said:
Great i looked at the table and fixed the few mistakes and also found out one mistake in my guide (female spotting was in noble choice instead of martial arts) so it should be good now

Good, good. Hopefully should not need to edit until the next update then :smile:. Put in the +1 SK for sandbox option in case people didn't realise by now.

One thing, does anyone know how to fix Libre Office from screwing up the border thicknesses when you re-save the file?, Never mind I updated Libre Office to 4.4.5.2 and it fixed that problem.

I just noticed something horrible, the final sum calculation is not adding things up properly, at least in Libre Office, going to fix it now. Why does the =Sum() calc not add things up properly :-/. Apparently 4 + 2 + 4 = 6, but only if I use a range, if i say cell + cell + cell it's fine, what in the, Google Sheets is fine with it, odd.

Edit: Fixed, now adds up properly in Libre Office, dunno if it's a bug or a feature  :???:

Back
Top Bottom