[Spoiler alert] Replayability

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm going with my first "hiccup" ride with VC as a Norse/Sanguine/Fortitute/Pagan combination. So, I start in Frisia, then get kicked out and have to go in Denmark, and I'm still waiting for the Assembly to decide on my fate while I go save Bodo.

Now, my question is: how much replayability can I expect if I start with another character - and what is mostly important? I guess, for example, that Pagan vs Christian is a pretty important change, although for now nobody has challenged me on my religion, quest-wise.

Also, and this is equally important, how much do actions change the course of the story? Is it only "aestethic"/linked to in-game rewards, or are there different end games?

Is there the possibility to "fail the story"? I'd hate to go on for days and then discover I did something stupid and ruined the walkthrough.

Thanks for any replies!

koteko said:
I'm going with my first "hiccup" ride with VC as a Norse/Sanguine/Fortitute/Pagan combination. So, I start in Frisia, then get kicked out and have to go in Denmark, and I'm still waiting for the Assembly to decide on my fate while I go save Bodo.

Now, my question is: how much replayability can I expect if I start with another character - and what is mostly important? I guess, for example, that Pagan vs Christian is a pretty important change, although for now nobody has challenged me on my religion, quest-wise.

Also, and this is equally important, how much do actions change the course of the story? Is it only "aestethic"/linked to in-game rewards, or are there different end games?

Is there the possibility to "fail the story"? I'd hate to go on for days and then discover I did something stupid and ruined the walkthrough.

Thanks for any replies!
I've only played the sandbox so far, as a "bloodthirsty norseman", and I can tell you that if you start raiding christian neutral places, then all the christian settlements will hate you. There is off course the huge amount of gold you get for raiding and the raiding itself is hilarious. :smile:

My next game will be as a merchant, because this game allow you to actually make a profit while trading.

~Wille

From what I've seen the story campaign does a good job of providing a variety of ways for you react but tends to cleave back to the central plot, although I have heard reference to a more 'pick a side' events later on. I'm about as far in as you are.

Examples of what I mean (some minor spoilers, tried to be vague):

• No matter what choices you make in the first section (Fresia), the end result is largely the same. Some of the decisions might have an effect later (who you gave the land to, sparing a prisoner, etc) but at least one noble is going to hate your guts. Main differences seem to be your overall reputation and what some of the other locals think about you.
  • You get some leeway in how you complete quests, although that again mainly seems to change your reputation and relations, or let you take the occasional shortcut, rather than the overall flow (ex: retrieve a book from a monastery. Ask nicely, ask angry, kill everyone and take it, or bribe the guy who wants it and save the trip.

Mmh, I thought so. Although, it would be nice to have some more opinions - I've read around people mentioning quests I don't know anything about. And I wonder how they could have progressed past me, considering Odin's Cave is broken (unless it's not broken for everybody..). So maybe there are other paths.

Back
Top Bottom