Spinning arrow: possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

James

Grandmaster Knight
So, first of all, I've changed my flying_missile mesh to elongated arrows in my mod. But I've found that when zoomed in, they look kind of strange, since they fly perfectly flat, without spinning.

I tried to make an animated arrow (vertex animation), but when I tried it out, it seemed it only played the base frame. It showed the arrow at least, but didn't show it spinning.

Unless vertex animation relies on some other force, e.g. arm pulling the bow, or making the sword come out of the sheath on time.

So, is it possible to make arrows spin?

Did you test to see if a thowing axe as an arrow spins? They spin as thowing weapons so if they don't spin as an arrow then it might be a module system or game mechanics issue.

What I personally would do instead is edit the arrow mesh so that it is round and "looks" like it's spinning. It'll just seem as if it's spinning rapidly if you do it right.

An interesting thought, but it seems axes (and knives) tumble when thrown because of the itcf_throw_knife tag, not because of vertex animation. Since there isn't one to make something spin, it looks like it's not possible.

Back
Top Bottom