[Solved]A strange problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Zeus1257

Sergeant at Arms
It would seem that I have encountered a interesting little issue in my mod. When I press the reports button on the main map it sends me to this screen:

GaJOMoM.jpg

Pressing go back goes to the main menu.

If I had to guess it would be something in module_game_menus, but I'm not exactly sure where I'd want to look.

Namakan said:
"Choose your scenario:" isn't something that you see too often, just try searching for that.

It's a menu which seems to be unused, as it's almost entirely commented out, and the only thing left is the option to go back. I commented out the rest of the menu, though it still gives me the same thing ingame. The name of the menu is start_game_3, so I tried looking for that, but it only shows up three times in module_game_menus. Twice in the area that's commented out, and once in the part that wasn't. I'm not sure which file has the code that sends you to the report menu when hitting the button, so I don't know if that's messed up or what.

xZEUS99x said:
Namakan said:
"Choose your scenario:" isn't something that you see too often, just try searching for that.

It's a menu which seems to be unused, as it's almost entirely commented out, and the only thing left is the option to go back. I commented out the rest of the menu, though it still gives me the same thing ingame. The name of the menu is start_game_3, so I tried looking for that, but it only shows up three times in module_game_menus. Twice in the area that's commented out, and once in the part that wasn't. I'm not sure which file has the code that sends you to the report menu when hitting the button, so I don't know if that's messed up or what.
It's a presentation but I don't know if it's editable. Search for reports in module_presentations.

Doesn't seem to be something in the module_presentations causing issue, I replaced it with a completely unedited module_presentations and the issue persists.

You screwed up modifying the order in module_game_menus and now the hard-coded reference to the reports menu no longer applies to the right one.
Code:
menu_start_game_0 = 0
menu_start_phase_2 = 1
menu_start_game_3 = 2
menu_tutorial = 3
menu_reports = 4
menu_custom_battle_scene = 5
menu_custom_battle_end = 6
start_game_3 is the choose your scenario one whereas reports is the one you want

Back
Top Bottom