Smithing Balance

Users who are viewing this thread

I've leveled my smithing to about 250 and I've noticed some issues. Unlocks are totally random but as I progress, tier 1 items become useless when I have tier 2 items unlocked. They become useless once I have tier 3 items unlocked etc. But I've got several blades for tier 5 unlocked but I'm still missing lots of items from all around.

This could be fixed by focusing on lower level unlocks first, or by simply unlocking the whole tier once hitting a certain level. I would like to see a combination of both honestly. There didn't feel like much progression and it feels come completely geared towards swords rather than the easier to make items like spears and axes.

That wouldn't be bad so you could get exactly what you want. I doubt they would do it though. They went all in on this unlock system.

The other gripe I have is that smithing two handed weapons gives far more unlocks than single handed weapons with similar similar material costs.

That wouldn't be bad so you could get exactly what you want. I doubt they would do it though. They went all in on this unlock system.

The other gripe I have is that smithing two handed weapons gives far more unlocks than single handed weapons with similar similar material costs.

I'm struggling to unlock anything, smithing is at 50 ish from entirely smelting and Ive got 2-3 one hand swords. and maybe 1 complete weapon of everything else.

So now I'm grinding out one mostly tier 4 2 handed sword because I can't unlock tier 5 parts. They need to redo the unlock system, seriously. At 265 skill and barely moving. What a grind!

So now I'm grinding out one mostly tier 4 2 handed sword because I can't unlock tier 5 parts. They need to redo the unlock system, seriously. At 265 skill and barely moving. What a grind!
To unlock every part you need to smelt 750 000 t6 weapons. Becose you need more and more xp to unlock another part.

It is not a grind, it is insanity

To unlock every part you need to smelt 750 000 t6 weapons. Becose you need more and more xp to unlock another part.

It seems to me that TW didn't even do the math to predict how long with it take before implementing any features, not only smithing.

It seems to me that TW didn't even do the math to predict how long with it take before implementing any features, not only smithing.
I guess they even didnt think about numbers. Right now they want it just to work. Balancing and polisihng will be last step.

I think they should remove the need of unlocking parts outright.
They should expand the failure system, you will fail if you try to smith something that is way above your skill.

They should expand the failure system, you will fail if you try to smith something that is way above your skill.
A lot of problem with parts. With using t1-t3 part you can only smith crap that you can get from looters or buy almost for free

where you get that number from?
Smelting 750 000 t6 weapons would net you enough exp to reach at least lvl 700 in smithing

Last edited:
They could just make it so you can't Smith something above 10 points of your skill level. That way you can still push the envelope to level up but it wouldn't be cheating. I like the idea of getting rid of unlocks.

Back
Top Bottom