Simple suggestion for trainer skill

Users who are viewing this thread

signiferone

Sergeant
As of now, it seems that the trainer skill adds randomly to all characters which qualify (i.e. are under player's level). My suggestion is that it would work in order of the slots in the party screen, similarly to how reinforcements work. This way, the player could control which units he wants to focus the training on first. Sometimes it gets a little irritating when you have a bunch of higher-up units, and one last Swadian peasant, and you keep staying in the inn at nights hoping to finally level the bugger but in the morning everyone will get experience except for him.

Randomly?  No, it applies to all units below your level, adding the same amount of xp to them at once.

Edit: What causes individual units to level up at different times, even when hired at the same time, is that each unit is generated with a random amount of xp within the bounds of the level that their type demands.

Additionally, it looks like that the more low-end units you have, the more experience is gained overall.. (ie. if you have 20 swadian men at arms, you may get 10 upgradable with training, but once that number reaches to say 5, you may get 1 or half per night)

Same goes for lower levels.. Does kind of make sense, since they need partners to practice with, and other people to watch to progress faster ::grin:

calandale said:
I think that you get the same amount of experience, it's just harder for the high level guys to advance.
Also, only troops with a LOWER level than you get training, which means that often squire-level troops don't get training from you.

With fisheye's Extra NPCs mod, add a little training to your party if you have 4 or 5 extra NPCs and regular troops. Training pesants and footmen after a while becomes fast!

if you have training 3-4, and are at a decent level, and can affort to wait 1-2 nights, you never have to fight with pesants :grin: :grin:

If you have like 20 Peasents, theyll level up quickly, but if theres one alone, hell take more time on him than if you didnt upgradeed the peasents till all of them were ready.... Did you get it?  Thats my experience, anyway....

Doesn't seem that way to me.

I think that an entire group of 20 seems seldom to all increase level at once. Rather, what I've assumed (and this assumption may have made me miss something, just as I assumed that the pay day was always on day 1 + 7k, and didn't notice for quite some time that it ain't so) is that each is gaining experience individually, and it will take longer (on average) to train the whole crew. Now, whether that is realistic is uncertain. It seems that class size should also be a factor.

It seems to me that how it works is: there is a certain pool of experience collected out of all eligible soldiers in one's party (the "total experience" number we see at the turn of the night). This number is then distributed in some kind of pattern, possibly haphazard, wherein high level soldiers can be consistently upgraded while one lowly peasant still remains a peasant. I grant the scenario when the high level soldier may be within 5 exp from upgrade and thus accounting for this strange behavior, but when some lowly units are consitently left un-upgraded in lieu of upper units seems to indicate otherwise.

What seems relatively certain, however, is that the trainer skill does not award a set amount of exp to each soldier, i.e. not how the skill's description says it operates.

Hmmm, I've never had one peasant stuck without leveling. Usually, they all level much faster than Horsemen/Knights, because naturally they need less XP to level up. Of course, if that pesant doesn't kill anything personally in combat, he'll take longer to level up. Even longer with a large party, as XP is distributed among all the troops.

HardCode said:
Hmmm, I've never had one peasant stuck without leveling. Usually, they all level much faster than Horsemen/Knights, because naturally they need less XP to level up. Of course, if that pesant doesn't kill anything personally in combat, he'll take longer to level up. Even longer with a large party, as XP is distributed among all the troops.

I thnik many of you are missing this case. During battle each combatant earns xp based on thier performance. Thus if you take 20 peasants into battle along with Borcha, but only you and borach make any kills the peasants will only share party xp while you and Borcha get a share of party xp plus the xp earned during battle. I tend to take the castle as early as i can and place higher level AI there so i can level up my lower AI. Generally I level everyone up to Knight and retire them. Until I am ready to hunt bigger game ( Dark knights, war parties)... works well for me.

Well, I will pick up some peasants, and then sometimes before I even fight a battle, they will level from training and they never do it all at once.

I do encounter the problem where some of them just won't level up for days for whatever reason, and sicne they slow down your map speed, it is very annoying....

Back
Top Bottom