Shield bash?

Users who are viewing this thread

search
:razz:

Worbah said:
charizma said:
how would you use the shield to strike? what key would you press?

Jesus, I never the the keyboards in UK had something like 10 buttons or so. Surely you could use one of the buttons that currently isn't used if you had a regular one?

Nah why not just made it that you block and while blocking just attack and that leads to a bash XD

The Native expansion mod of the original Mount & Blade had shield bash, it worked well, but the kicking in Warband is pretty much the same thing, and I would honestly prefer kicking a man in the sack over swinging my defensive gear at him... just sayin'.

how about long shield bash and shield bind. In a shield bind pin the sword arm of your enemy to his body, A let you attack it will. This shield are done with viking shields but other likes of shield I gust will work. Also when do shield bash you round your shield to the side and hit with the edge. this let you strike with more power.

I would like shield bash. :grin: While you are using the shield press X to bash, yes , but it needs a stamina bar as well.

shield bash gonna be a good idea,in a medieval fight (and even ancient age) men usually hit their enemy with their shield,but not often,i think shield bash delay would be better than stamina bar,just like sir microcosm said,recovery time makes more sense,you need to rest your left hand after you hit people with a heavy shield
i think left click while you hold right click to shield bash is an easy control

theelder said:

I would prefer it to be programmable rather than a mouse click combination.  Mouse click combos are just about used up.

I would like a to see a charge function as well incorporated into the shield bash, or separate even.  Using your body and your shield to knock an opponent off balance.  That may make it too complicated though.  There would have to be a way to defend against it.  Maybe a dodge left, right, or back.  Actually, double tapping, the way dodges are done in unreal tournament would work.  A short hop to the left, right, or backwards, and the 2xtap forward could be a 2 or 3 step charge.  I wonder what that would be like with a spear, especially if you could command a group to 'rush' forwards into oncoming infantry.

edit:  I apologize, didn't realize the thread was so old.  I haven't been on in a while, and didn't bother reading 40 pages in case any of this has been said or discussed.

TheGnome said:
theelder said:

I would prefer it to be programmable rather than a mouse click combination.  Mouse click combos are just about used up.

I would like a to see a charge function as well incorporated into the shield bash, or separate even.  Using your body and your shield to knock an opponent off balance.  That may make it too complicated though.  There would have to be a way to defend against it.  Maybe a dodge left, right, or back.  Actually, double tapping, the way dodges are done in unreal tournament would work.  A short hop to the left, right, or backwards, and the 2xtap forward could be a 2 or 3 step charge.  I wonder what that would be like with a spear, especially if you could command a group to 'rush' forwards into oncoming infantry.

edit:  I apologize, didn't realize the thread was so old.  I haven't been on in a while, and didn't bother reading 40 pages in case any of this has been said or discussed.
yes,dodge is more interesting feature to have than shield bash,dodging with M&B is pretty hard since you cannot hop,double tapping seems good,charging also a good idea
about the shield bash,i'm not sure about the control,maybe double clicking right mouse?

AzNAL said:
how bout bashing people with shield for stun effect. and or spiked shields.

eh i know been suggested but always nice for a refesher.

spiked shield is nice.
This should be added, and the kick function should be removed, considering how unrealistic it is.
Kicking in medieval armor is just unrealistic, especially the speed they do it at. With the shield bash function, it could take the same time as a kick if your shield is up. If you miss the hit, it would leave you vulnerable for a brief moment.

charizma said:

BLOCK(right-click)+attack(left-click) same as any game that has shield bash!? lmao

Jarl_Hallvaror said:
AzNAL said:
how bout bashing people with shield for stun effect. and or spiked shields.

eh i know been suggested but always nice for a refesher.

spiked shield is nice.
This should be added, and the kick function should be removed, considering how unrealistic it is.
Kicking in medieval armor is just unrealistic, especially the speed they do it at. With the shield bash function, it could take the same time as a kick if your shield is up. If you miss the hit, it would leave you vulnerable for a brief moment.

Actually u are wrong, medieval armors were lighter than the gear of an US Marine, are US marines unable to kick!?

The only problem I see on Kick is the range, it has the same as punching, yet, it also leaves you completely open for incoming-attacks, that's what makes it useless, almost no dmg, almost impossible to hit an spamming opponent and leaves u an easy target, kicks should be remade into something more useful, at least being able to kick and block almost simultaneously and increasing it's range to something more reliable would do wonders

theelder said:
TheGnome said:
theelder said:

yes,dodge is more interesting feature to have than shield bash,dodging with M&B is pretty hard since you cannot hop,double tapping seems good,charging also a good idea
about the shield bash,i'm not sure about the control,maybe double clicking right mouse?

Shield bash + dodge + kick, that's my opinion, none are OP, they should require timing to use imo, but that's about it, also, all of them are easy to implement if Bannerlord's going to have any kind of physics in it

Shield push should be a defensive block while equipped with a shield then click the kick button.

Shield charge would i guess be a shield 'attack' with benefits from momentum, whether open to all shield types or a select few such as those with boss or simply bonuses to the attack value etc.

def behind this one, the shield push i hope would be slightly faster than the kick, certainly safer from in front, *imagine those shield walls shoving into each other!*

would shields take damage from these actions?

Few mods are already using shield bash I think like Clash of kings.Tho animations are bad if they add shield bash in bannerlord I hope they will add better animations

xdj1nn said:
charizma said:

BLOCK(right-click)+attack(left-click) same as any game that has shield bash!? lmao

Wouldn't work, It would mess up with the way people play, I normally block and click a swing just after I stop blocking, your suggestion would turn a bunch of these into shield bashes and would annoy the hell out of everyone. maybe Kick+block

Back
Top Bottom