Scene Development

Users who are viewing this thread

NikeBG said:
quapitty said:
The bridge - well, I also found it in the scene props. Don't know.... What is OSP??? (Only Single Player?? :oops:)
Open Source Pack - something a modder has made (which isn't a mod, but only mod resources, like scene props or items, horses etc.) and has released for public use (as long as credit is given, of course).
Thanks for education!  :smile:
Well - but I found out that the drawbridge has to be closed, as for castles there is no seperate 'siege' file (other than towns), so you cannot change so many things for siege scenes without them to be seen during normal scene. And because it is very boring and unlikely to conquer a castle by walking across the drawbridge - it has to be permanently closed unfortunately, so the siege ladders make sense....

Another fantastic fortress, Quapitty, I especially like that settlement outside of town.
Great job, man!

quapitty said:
Well - but I found out that the drawbridge has to be closed, as for castles there is no seperate 'siege' file (other than towns),
Ah, so that's why some castles have empty spaces on their battlements in non-siege cases. Well, that's a bummer...

Sorry, I'll make a double post, because of such a long inactivity.
Progress on castle of Hohenzollern:
mb125.jpg
mb129q.jpg
mb130.jpg
mb132e.jpg
mb139.jpg

It is indeed beautiful. Another pearl from you, quapity.
I especially like that main tower (donjon?) because Native skins are generally lacking in that cone-shaped roofs.

mb173w.jpg
mb181.jpg
mb189.jpg
Thanks guys. @Mihailo: Yes the central tower is what a real castle needs....  :razz: and it became obviously very common and fashionable in the 12th century. This one is a tower for military use only. But there were also combined ones for living and protecting - but of course more big then.
The castle of Hohenzollern was completely destroyed in 1423 after it had been besieged for almost one year. Unfortunately there are no records what it looked like back then. What you can see today is already the third castle at that place and it dates from 1850. It was/is the main seat of the family of Hohenzollern:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Hohenzollern
More to come! Help to keep that mod alive guys!

Done. I was just becoming greedy and wanted to make the interior nice and cosy- but I decided it will have to do like it is as I'll be busy with other stuff next days (You know that thing outside of the screen).... I'll change the next one and put some flowers on the tables - and I'll work further countries apart from HRE, I promise! Not that it gets boring. I just wanted to go step by step.
And Korinov - If you use the .sco files of the _interior and _prison for all the random castle_15, I think all the passages from the castle interiors and the prison interiors should work. (Exterior for all random 15_scenes would need changes though, but I could change that as well, if outside screen life lets me).
Have fun testing your new balanced mercs!

EDIT:
...working on Bremen...

quapitty said:
Bremen unfortunately has to have mountained surroundings - don't see how to change that - so we'll have to live with that.
mb246u.jpg

You can create a larger scene, and make mountains on the scene's borders. There doesnt seem to be a mountain value in the scene.txt.
scn_castle_15_1 castle_15_1 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x00000001300389800003a4ea000058340000637a0000399b
outer_terrain_plain
Plain seems to be the most "mountain" possible. I would change it manually like i said.
you could always ask in nordous' scene guild.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,163368.615.html

looks pretty neat!! keep up your good work!

Hey everyone, could any of you have the time to find a plan of a morish-spanish-aragonese castle so I could scene it?
I'm too lazy to make the research lol, i've been making historical research every day since the last 3 months, i dont really wanna do it again during my holidays...
It could be any castle on the morish/castillan-aragonese borders when the game europe 1200 begins. That would be really appreciated :grin:
If you don't want to thats allright i'll find other scene to make...

Im loving the settlements you put along with the castles, makes the wold seem bigger from the vanilla edition, where the actual on map villages where supposed to be the castle settlements. Great job all around!

Back
Top Bottom