Sandbox or campaign?

Users who are viewing this thread

Opendome

Recruit
Did you guys go for the campaign or sandbox first? How is the campaign? Also what are the special features not included in the sandbox?

Thanks!

I went with the tutorial, then starting a new game and chose the default selected Campaign singleplayer.

It's very awesome in my opinion with some new features thrown in to look for.

I had to stop playing the campaign a bit to diagnose why I cannot join any mod's multiplayer servers.

I want to play as a viking, can you still do that in the campaign? Can you build an army and a kingdom?

I went for the sandbox for now.

A few things I'm missing already, that were in Brytenwalda, are the ability to farm in villages (mostly for roleplay purposes. It's also nice while you're wounded) and freelancer.

Opendome said:
Did you guys go for the campaign or sandbox first? How is the campaign? Also what are the special features not included in the sandbox?

Thanks!

Try the campaign/storymode if you like a more linear game. Lots of quests, less freedom. Big story tho. It balances it out.

Some players are having issues with the quests. Crashs and other stuff. If you get those you can play the sandbox until a patch.

How is the campaign?
I played it for about 1 hour. So far quite good.
If you know stuff from the era from books like: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Warlord_Chronicles and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Saxon_Stories you will love it.

Also what are the special features not included in the sandbox?
Good question. Many quests. Not sure about unique features tho. I would be surprise if there are many ... or any... besides the content (some special itens/quest rewards; quests main story; characters).

Dansk viking said:
missing ... freelancer.

Alright, that disqualifies it for me. My play style has come to rely heavily on freelancer, and even the best made conversion in the greatest setting of all with the most engaging mechanics won't fix that. Too bad, really...  :cry:

Thanks or the info guys! When I have an opportunity to play tonight I'll definitely give the both a try! What (lorewise) are you guys' favourite banners? :grin:

STarted playing the campaign, looks like they did a very good job on it but for me the entire thing is tl;dr, I just prefer sandboxing.

Delvestius said:
STarted playing the campaign, looks like they did a very good job on it but for me the entire thing is tl;dr, I just prefer sandboxing.

Haha well you do get some worthwhile goodies from the campaign. Which is still sandbox but with some direction  :cool:

BunnyPoopCereal said:
Delvestius said:

Haha well you do get some worthwhile goodies from the campaign. Which is still sandbox but with some direction  :cool:

I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually, preferably when I won't get stuck in text boxes  :razz:

Back
Top Bottom