Status
Not open for further replies.
i just check your plan :

planned for 1.7beta

town riots

planned for 1.6beta

threaten other kingdoms with war
village riots

i didnt read it before my previous post, because it set as a spoiler, what a great coincidence :grin: i hope u will find my post interesting to be implemented at your town riots and village riots plan. Once again, salute to u.

haroon said:
i just wondering, how about making a village that devoted to u in relation status to u can be raise up a garrison to rebel from they new lord? first things they will send u a message or letter, that they are being exploit with they new lord and they need your suport and protection to reclaiming that village, they will tell u they are ready to raise an army and it will cost for example 10.000 denar to equip the man in certain number (they will tell u the number of the man they will raise, it will be "between x to y answer" not a solid number) and they will raise they foot arms to join u on siege in x town or x castle. U can agree with them immidiately or tell them u need an observation and time to think, and they will wait for your confirmation (u can go to the village or sneak into the town, to give your answer and pay the cost for they preparation. or u can wait for them come to u, if they come to u u cant ask them to give you time to think there will be only "yes or "no" answer)

If u agree with them, they will tell u they need preparation to raising arms for example in 4 day, and 4 day in afternoon they will meet up with u to join your army contributing the battle. If u refuse u will suffer moderate penalty (for example -10) if u agree and suceed taking back the castle and releasing the village from their previous lord, u get the town/village and plus 1 relation from all of the lords from your faction because they respect how u can make your people to be so loyal, also they salute your capabilty to lead-making u gain a right to rule. If u fail, u get light relation penalty (-1 to -5?). If u dont finish the quest and dont show up at the x day, it will cause great penalty (-50?), loosing your honor, right to rule and minus relation to all lord from your faction (-3?).

Interesting idea.

haroon said:
At the other hand, if u have a minus relation from the village (especialy because u once loot the vilage and dont fix the relation with them), and the village want to be rule by their previous lord. It can cause the village to be rebel to u, they can raise man to fight your army or helping the other faction capturing your castlel, also they can refuse to pay the tax. when they refuse to their pay tax, u can go and collected the tax by force on your own, and u suffer penalty, or u can send your companion to do it for u, and u suffer a penalty from your companion. Or u can fix the relation for gaining your future tax by taking a quest by the guild master or vilage elder.

Not everything you mentioned is implemented (I am trying to keep it simple  :mrgreen:), but now your own villages can launch a riot.

simple.....SIMPLE
do you realize that u are changing the history of mount and blade
with these diplomacy options u already have the best kingdom management ever
ur mod combined with the world map party controll would make it perfect
u know what i mean, the 1 that was in fire arrow mod

btw i dunno sure if its a bug or just me
but at the end of the troops.txt there are too many lines

terrorib said:
simple.....SIMPLE
do you realize that u are changing the history of mount and blade
with these diplomacy options u already have the best kingdom management ever

I am just building on top of the things already there so it's quite simple  :razz:

terrorib said:
ur mod combined with the world map party controll would make it perfect
u know what i mean, the 1 that was in fire arrow mod

I really hope that other mods will choose Diplomacy as base (instead of the normal module system) and add fancy features :smile:

terrorib said:
btw i dunno sure if its a bug or just me
but at the end of the troops.txt there are too many lines

What do you mean with too many lines? Can you detail this out?

the alliance thing still has a lot of flaws....becuz they dont really do anything....my castle of 300 ppl were stormed by almost 2000...and i saw a group of my alliance lords...just ride pass my siege castle...they had like almost 1000 ppl...if they join..we could of so wipe them off the face of the earth...i am not complaining...to tell u the truth....the game is raw....u r mod is really adding colors to it....thxs man

jetstormx123 said:
the alliance thing still has a lot of flaws....becuz they dont really do anything....my castle of 300 ppl were stormed by almost 2000...and i saw a group of my alliance lords...just ride pass my siege castle...they had like almost 1000 ppl...if they join..we could of so wipe them off the face of the earth...i am not complaining...to tell u the truth....the game is raw....u r mod is really adding colors to it....thxs man

As I said before a alliance currently only means you have a truce of 60 days and you share each others enemys at the start of the alliance. In addition there are still many native AI flaws left I am not planning to fix. For example if a marshall army has a goal it won't do anything else and of course never help you even if you have the same enemy and they love you :smile: Check http://bugs.taleworlds.com/edit_bug.aspx?id=2359. Maybe these things will improve after we see new patches from taleworlds.

By the way great you were able to conclude a alliance shouldn't be too easy. At least I tried to implement it in that way.

I like your mod but I've poured hours into adding my own items to native, use the metal sound pack, make my own faction etc. Every time you release an update, which is almost every day, It overwrites all my TXT files with my own code and information in. Surely your mod does not need Item_kinds1.txt, troops.txt and sounds.txt. Could you remove all but the necessary files from your mod so that it doesn't overwrite with stuff not needed to make your mod work? Taa :smile:

Suggestions: (Diplomacy adjacent - worth a shot)

King and Vassal both:

1.) Add a chamberlain that you can hire for a weekly fee to your court/residence who would handle the acquisition of basic to extended equipment (clothes, armor, weapons, horses etcetera) for his lord and his lord's companions. For the service he could be paid a fee that of a small to large percentage above whatever you requested at it's highest retail price with no trade bonus. The chamberlain could also hold your gold (and perhaps give gold weight to make this more enticing) and manage your finances. He would also in the place of a wife acquisition food or perhaps delegate this to him entirely, as it was more his duty than a noble lady's.

The chamberlain would soon appear the moment you have a Manor (a bit more difficult), Castle or Town. The manor would make realistic sense, but feasts cannot be held in manors, manors have no storage and really no space for him to reside.

With that done you would also need to add this to the retainer of NPC lords as well to reside in their households and courts for the sake of general game-play.

A chamberlain, anyway, is the officer in charge of running a household (wardrobe, finances, larder and so on) for his noble blooded master.

2.) Add the Seneschals to the game. There is currently one for each castle and town that are not implemented in the game but exist in the text files, and who have some dialogue lines already prepared but no overall purpose. You could make them hire-able by the player to give more precise details on tax and tariff revenue and perhaps reduce rent waste when controlling more than four fiefs. He would also handle feasts in stead of a wife, or perhaps delegate this to him entirely, as it was more his duty than a noble lady's.

For the A.I. you would likely want to limit them their number to the number of lords, rather than the number of castles and towns. Since it fell more to a constable or sheriff/baliff to watch things locally.

Seneschals were like Stewards, typically the head minister of a household, above the chamberlain who handled taxes and rent revenue payments and other domestic administration for a noble or royal lord.

To my understanding they were similar and sometimes synonymous to a chief minister/chancellor. However monarchs typically had one with a fluffier title (chief minister/chancellor) with more responsibilities, and thus one's existence here does not discount the other.

3.) Add Constables (Towns) and Sheriffs (Castles) to the game for AI and player alike, general purpose being fluff and hire-able by the player to increase loyalty and or production perhaps? They could take to the battlefield and possess better equipment in defensive sieges than the average knight.

Constables would function alongside the Guildmaster in towns, the latter who is technically like a mayor at present, but is seen as a local head of the guilds. Thus leaving room for the more appropriate 'constable.' Who is more of a law-enforcement and sometimes military official, also known to be assigned to care-take of fiefs when their owner is away.

To my understanding sheriffs are similar, but function on a more local level.

King:

1.) Add a weekly fee for your minister of around 18 denars a week, which said amount is historically accurate (roughly).

2.) Add a Private Secretary to your court, hire-able by the player for a weekly fee. He would handle all correspondence, gifts (instead of your wife, which is 'typically' not her duty, at least a queen) and letters/orders to other lords, and so on. So instead of looking for a specific lord by traveling around, or holding a feast for the entire realm to talk to one, you can send him a command or summons from afar.

Naturally, other A.I. monarchs would also have private secretaries for the sake of immersion. Time would typically be three days on average like a companion emissary.

Addendum/Edit:

3.) Your minister can raise troops for you, initial payment for each soldier is increased, nearby fiefs are depleted of recruits, size of effect dependent on how many you request. How many you can request is dependent on the size of the realm. The larger the request the more time it will take. Troop type could be a mix of whatever lands you hold, or perhaps a choose once and forever live with what you chose troop tree (swadian/vaegir etcetera).

General Game-play/Fluff:

Give NPC Monarchs and Successful Claimants a Minister (fluff).

Summary:

Basically, courts and households should be more crowded and interesting.

looks like this
itm_items_end Items_End Items_End 1  shield_round_a 0  0 0 1 0 0.000000 100 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
.empty line
.empty line
.empty line

but without the dots ofcours
item edit shows the lines as an empty item

terrorib said:
looks like this
itm_items_end Items_End Items_End 1  shield_round_a 0  0 0 1 0 0.000000 100 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
.empty line
.empty line
.empty line

but without the dots ofcours
item edit shows the lines as an empty item

So your talking about item_kinds1.txt and not troops.txt? I couldn't find any difference to the native file. Did you compare it to native yet? I didn't add any items so I don't expect any changes here.

Ruarz said:
I like your mod but I've poured hours into adding my own items to native, use the metal sound pack, make my own faction etc. Every time you release an update, which is almost every day, It overwrites all my TXT files with my own code and information in. Surely your mod does not need Item_kinds1.txt, troops.txt and sounds.txt. Could you remove all but the necessary files from your mod so that it doesn't overwrite with stuff not needed to make your mod work? Taa :smile:

I could but since I am adding stuff all the day and releasing a new version nearly every day I don't want to check every version and remove the unchanged files. Would be error-prone. The pace I am releasing new versions will slow down next week and of course you don't have to update to every version. But your right I didn't made any changes to Item_kinds1.txt, troops.txt and sounds.txt.

I am planning to remove the files once Diplomacy is out of beta.

you progressing very fast! anyway here's a suggetion : When you ask for peace being to be as a king to another faction example : Kingdom of Swadia you give to them money to have peace with them?
I'm bored to see all time You are a masterless of lands and bla bla bla bla...

Okay thanks :smile: I just wanted to know that it wouldn't damage your mod if I didn't copy over those TXTs.

Keep up the good work, you're ploughing through it nicely :grin:

Delaurn said:
You said that it's compatible with native save but when i load my save, M&B W crash. Any solution?

Nope. Does a new game run without problems? Did you check if you did install Diplomacy in the right way? If you can't find a solution maybe you can upload your save game somewhere so I can test it.

Waihti said:
Delaurn said:
You said that it's compatible with native save but when i load my save, M&B W crash. Any solution?

Nope. Does a new game run without problems? Did you check if you did install Diplomacy in the right way? If you can't find a solution maybe you can upload your save game somewhere so I can test it.

I correctly install it (3 times), if i create a new game, it worked and can you tell me how to upload my save, I'll send it to you in private message.

Delaurn said:
I correctly install it (3 times), if i create a new game, it worked and can you tell me how to upload my save, I'll send it to you in private message.

You have to find a place to upload it. There are plenty of sites where you can do that for free.

First of all thx a lot for this mod Wahiti its great work.

Now a thing you might wish to include in new updates:
-option of sending gifts to known lords of other factions as well(not just from your faction, but perhaps with leser relation increases)
-adding something to increase relations with your wife after being already married(perhaps with possibile decreases if you are not paying enough atention to her as well)
-some way to diplomaticly decrease tax ineficieny perhaps something like Shaxx proposed few posts ago with(chamberlains, seneschals and constables)

The option to negotiate peace terms didn't actually give me the castle that I demanded from them.  It still gave our nations peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom