SP Antiquity Roman Republic beta v2.2 is releasd for this reasons....

Users who are viewing this thread

Eagle114th

Sergeant Knight at Arms
After greatest news announcement from Dev. team of M and B, they are releasing new version in a day or so. That is why I want to release this mod right now, in order, to give you full tastes of what my full hard work will be, with new of an official mod tools that would give me further of new abilities to mod more detailed parts in this game!

I also have succesfully switched from Mag. 7 v.15 to v.17 when reworking on everything in this mod.

In order to get this more working, you MUST have Huge mod v2.0 and Mag. 7 v.17 installed FIRST.

I want to give my BIG thank to OkiN for roman knowlege, and he is one who helped me greatly with Roman and Greek army upgrade system.

I also want to give my great thank to creator of Huge mod and mag. 7 who have enchanced this game of Mount and blade to next levels, thus allowing me to use this mod as my base mod for Roman Republic mod.

Finally, I want to give my great thank to these beta testers of my younger brother (Matt), GeraldDuval, ToSHIro, Matrix33, ShangTang, bt1283, and other name who I forgot to put in this list (I can't keep count of many names who have helped me with this project of mine, and please REPORT YOUR NAME in reply so I will add your name to this list) for beta testing and giving me such of useful feedbacks that have taught me to improve my mod to next levels.

Now enjoy Roman Republic Mod beta v2.2!

http://rapidshare.de/files/5690257/Roman_Republic_v2.2.rar.html

Eagle out...

Very good stuff! Heres a few bugs or problems though:

Gladius uses polearm proficiency

You can throw a roman pilum over 100meters in the game, in reality they weighed almost 2kgs which is over twice as much as olympic javelins and the range used wasnt more than 20-30 meters. From wikipedia

"A pilum usually weighed between two and four kilograms, with the versions produced during the Empire being a bit lighter"

"Recent experiments have shown pila to have a range of 98 feet (approximately 30m), although effective range of about half"

So my suggestion is that keep the current high damage and reduce the velocity of the throw. Because i can imagine what happens when i have power throw 8 :roll:

Looking very good otherwise, its nice that you remembered to make the throwing bags small etc..

Cataphract said:
Very good stuff! Heres a few bugs or problems though:

Gladius uses polearm proficiency

You can throw a roman pilum over 100meters in the game, in reality they weighed almost 2kgs which is over twice as much as olympic javelins and the range used wasnt more than 20-30 meters. From wikipedia

"A pilum usually weighed between two and four kilograms, with the versions produced during the Empire being a bit lighter"

"Recent experiments have shown pila to have a range of 98 feet (approximately 30m), although effective range of about half"

So my suggestion is that keep the current high damage and reduce the velocity of the throw. Because i can imagine what happens when i have power throw 8 :roll:

Looking very good otherwise, its nice that you remembered to make the throwing bags small etc..

Gladius use polearm because it's pure thrust stabbing kills. I'm giving roman legionaries the true way of fighting, and it's my only way to force you into only thrusting attacks.

However, with incoming of new version of M and B, along with their offiical of mod tools, I will be able to change it into one handed while focing you to only doing thrusting attacks.

And about pilum, I will check into it and change it. That is why I call this mod beta version...

:wink: :grin:

Eagle out...

True the gladius was used mainly for thrusting. But it's false to say they also didn't use it for hacking and slashing. I'd say just make it use normal one handed proficiency.

Rapidshare again.....

I and my friends(lots of them) never manage to get a single file out of it cuz of those crappy "You are already downloading a file... or We detect extreme download..."

Why don't we move to uploadhut or something??

I think uploadhut is a great place for share and uploading files...

Lynores said:
Don't ask, mate. I even clicked the link.
Tuckles said:
I was surprised, The dev team was releasing it in a 1 or 2 days? So I searched Armagan's post. I then came back to the thread to see the date.  :lol: Anybody else get this feeling?
Llew2 said:
Servitor said:
No idea, but man, that sux. I thought there was a nice roman mod here.  :neutral:

Me too. I was about to die of happiness. Guess I'll have to wait though.  :sad:

Yea...  :cry:

Back
Top Bottom