right to rule

Users who are viewing this thread

Right to rule:

Talk to your companions, ask what they think of you, tell them you want to be king/queen.  Send them off to talk to people.  Each companion can get you 3 right to rule.

Day 100 is really early to start your own kingdom.  I'm at day 450 and I just started mine.  You have to be able to train troops quickly and lead at least 100 people.  60 is a good size army for day 100.  It's just early to start your own kingdom.  I think you should wait until you are level 28 at least.  Try and kill bandits attacking villages to get good relations.  Then you can recruit fast.  Swadians are an excellent choice for your troops.  If Swadia is about to get knocked out you're in luck because if you go to war with Swadia and you have a bunch of knights you have to be very careful because they will have a terrible morale modifier.  Post more if you want more info.

Just FYI I've started my own faction twice and I've never been a vassal.  Most recently I was at war with the Rhoduks and when they asked for peace I was at war with just them.  My max army is about 110.  I try to separate them and fight them 200 at a time or so.  Each time you beat them you will have an easier time doing it again as their army size goes up fast, but they are low level troops.

tyrannicide said:
MoridinUK said:
How do I increase my right to rule?

http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Right_to_rule

And please Search The ****ing Forum.

I think you're fighting a losing battle there, t. For every smart newbie that comes in and thinks, "Hmm, there's a Search function! I'll use that!", ten more register and half a minute later post, "HOW DO I SHOT ARROW?" Trying to stop them all would be like trying to turn back time. Wait, what the hell? Where did all these frigging sailors come from? Ahh......what the.......Cher?! What are you....? Trying....to take over my body! Gah.......no! AAAAARRGGGHHH!

If I could turn back time; if I could find a way.
I'd delete all the posts that asked questions,
And didn't Search.

I don't know why they ask all the ti-ime; I don't know why there are so many posts.
Oh no, look, here is another newbie; Right to Rule: it's really not that hard.
I didn't really want to flame you; But I just couldn't take any more. I know I drove you away, but newbie,

And didn't Search.
If you would just use Search; You would learn so-o much.
Then you'd re-cruit, re-cruit, like you know you could.

If I could turn back time.

Killer-1-1-Oh, want trade routes, do you?
You're almost as bad as that damn Munchiepoo.
God, what is it this time? Seriously, no one cares.
Yes, Swadia get beaten in every game.

"The lord attacks me when I save him."
"My companions hate each other."
When will it ever sto-op? And newbie,

And didn't Search.

If I could turn back time...
Ooh newbie!

I didn't really want to flame you; But I just couldn't take any more. I know I drove you away, but o-oh!

I'd delete all the posts that asked questions.

If I could turn back time (turn back time)...
If I could find a way (find a way)...
Then newbie, maybe, maybe
You'd stay.

Just use Search. If you would just use Search...

Ugh....wait.....what just happened?

I guess I like to learn before I make decision, Swabia offered me a fief, so I'm with them right now.. learning and building my character.

I guess they'll be annoyed when I start out on my own huh?

by the way I saw the option of talkign to my companions about beign king, but I didn't think it was late enough to do that, I didn't want them marching off just to have half of the world come crashing down on my head for my impudence!

Velax said:
tyrannicide said:
MoridinUK said:

And please Search The ****ing Forum.

I think you're fighting a losing battle there, t. For every smart newbie that comes in and thinks, "Hmm, there's a Search function! I'll use that!", ten more register and half a minute later post, "HOW DO I SHOT ARROW?" Trying to stop them all would be like trying to turn back time. Wait, what the hell? Where did all these frigging sailors come from? Ahh......what the.......Cher?! What are you....? Trying....to take over my body! Gah.......no! AAAAARRGGGHHH!

And didn't Search.

I don't know why they ask all the ti-ime; I don't know why there are so many posts.
I didn't really want to flame you; But I just couldn't take any more. I know I drove you away, but newbie,

And didn't Search.

And didn't Search.

Ooh newbie!

I didn't really want to flame you; But I just couldn't take any more. I know I drove you away, but o-oh!

You'd stay.

*KB claps*

* Velax gained RtR

MoridinUK said:
I guess I like to learn before I make decision, Swabia offered me a fief, so I'm with them right now.. learning and building my character.

I guess they'll be annoyed when I start out on my own huh?

by the way I saw the option of talkign to my companions about beign king, but I didn't think it was late enough to do that, I didn't want them marching off just to have half of the world come crashing down on my head for my impudence!
It is Swadia with a "d". If it were Swabia you would get a fief near Stuttgart or so I think :razz:

They will be annoyed and immediately go at war with you as soon as you:
* start your kingdom by conquering one of their fiefs
* rebel against their king while you are his vassall. (you still need to know when you can rebel, you will know when it is time or you find out by reading the forum.)

That's what I meant when I told you to take up all your courage and try something out. You should have noticed that there is almost everytime an option to say "sorry, I didn't really mean it". Besides that you can't do anything wrong without a chance to correct it.

About the search:
Maybe they should add an AUTOsearch listing all threads containing at least 2 keywords of the title of every new thread. Just like that note that someone replied already while you were writing a reply on your own. And two or three confirmation pages asking if you did a search already before you can submit your writings. :roll:

Velax said:
tyrannicide said:
MoridinUK said:

And please Search The ******** Forum.

And didn't Search.

And didn't Search.

And didn't Search.

Ooh newbie!

You'd stay.

like WOW ^^

Rhalina said:
About the search:
Maybe they should add an AUTOsearch listing all threads containing at least 2 keywords of the title of every new thread. Just like that note that someone replied already while you were writing a reply on your own. And two or three confirmation pages asking if you did a search already before you can submit your writings. :roll:

Because clearly the huge block of red text before you start a post isn't quite effective... *returns to peanut gallery*

Caba`drin said:
Because clearly the huge block of red text before you start a post isn't quite effective... *returns to peanut gallery*

Sorry, I never started a new post.
Never had to.
Simply found all answers in existing threads (or by playing the game) and thought it was time to register and tell what I learned that way. :oops:

Velax said:
<snip :grin:/>

Something I would suggest you remember the next time you try to undermine the morale of my proud company, Sysiphian Inc.

MWAHAHAHAHA!

"Good Cher, now sit! Aw, there's a nice girl. Here, have some pork ribs"

(Oh, and Velax? Could you errmm, maybe, like, uhh... keep them lace tights on?)

Rhalina said:
I can't fight the feeling you simply asked the wrong question. I think you should have asked "How do I play this game?". But then again the answer must have been:"Read the singleplayer manual on top of this forum." Another good advise would be reading the ingame explanations and the tooltips given while on your character sheet.
A personal hint: Try to find out why your max. party size is still 60 after day 100.

Consult the reports, speak with your companions (not regular troops but named characters you hired in taverns). Explore your options and expirience the game. If you think you found something you wish to achieve (i.e. rising the max. army size) figure out how to achieve it and try your best. If you feel unable to achieve a goal (remember you define your goals all by yourself) consult the single player manual.

There are hundreds or maybe thousands of ways to play that game. Some are determined by the way you start but every action you take can switch you to another way so it is most unlikely that someone here can tell you exactly how to play your very own game. They can give you some hints on what conditions must be met to achieve a certain goal but how you fullfill these conditions depends on you.
Don't expect anybody to teach you making loopings on a bike while you don't have a clue what a bike looks like. There are some basics you are supposed to learn on your own before we can show you ways to use your knowledge efficiently.
You are bound to make mistakes but you are also bound to recognize these and to learn how to avoid them. That's how this game works, it's a sandbox. There are almost no dead ends and everything you've done wrong (or feel like you would have) can be corrected by changing the way you act. Repairs take time and mistakes might still influence the future but hey, this is a simulated life of an adventurer and how adventurous is a life where everything goes perfectly right from the beginning? I'd say you make miserable adventurer if you always think about what could happen if you make a step. Adventuring lives from doing something and facing the consequences finding a way to deal with them. Remember, there is no such thing as a "GAME OVER!".

This by the way is an excellent and kind heuristic post. Please don't mind if I quote it as opportunity arises.

I would like to thank you, Rhalina, for the time and effort you invested in writing it and which I find myself often unable or unwilling to expend.

tyrannicide said:
Rhalina said:
I can't fight the feeling you simply asked the wrong question. I think you should have asked "How do I play this game?". But then again the answer must have been:"Read the singleplayer manual on top of this forum." Another good advise would be reading the ingame explanations and the tooltips given while on your character sheet.
A personal hint: Try to find out why your max. party size is still 60 after day 100.

Consult the reports, speak with your companions (not regular troops but named characters you hired in taverns). Explore your options and expirience the game. If you think you found something you wish to achieve (i.e. rising the max. army size) figure out how to achieve it and try your best. If you feel unable to achieve a goal (remember you define your goals all by yourself) consult the single player manual.

There are hundreds or maybe thousands of ways to play that game. Some are determined by the way you start but every action you take can switch you to another way so it is most unlikely that someone here can tell you exactly how to play your very own game. They can give you some hints on what conditions must be met to achieve a certain goal but how you fullfill these conditions depends on you.
Don't expect anybody to teach you making loopings on a bike while you don't have a clue what a bike looks like. There are some basics you are supposed to learn on your own before we can show you ways to use your knowledge efficiently.
You are bound to make mistakes but you are also bound to recognize these and to learn how to avoid them. That's how this game works, it's a sandbox. There are almost no dead ends and everything you've done wrong (or feel like you would have) can be corrected by changing the way you act. Repairs take time and mistakes might still influence the future but hey, this is a simulated life of an adventurer and how adventurous is a life where everything goes perfectly right from the beginning? I'd say you make miserable adventurer if you always think about what could happen if you make a step. Adventuring lives from doing something and facing the consequences finding a way to deal with them. Remember, there is no such thing as a "GAME OVER!".

This by the way is an excellent and kind heuristic post. Please don't mind if I quote it as opportunity arises.

I would like to thank you, Rhalina, for the time and effort you invested in writing it and which I find myself often unable or unwilling to expend.
Thank you. Please feel free to quote me wherever you feel it fits.
I've been (computer-)adventuring since 1988 and the most exciting thing on adventuring is to discover ways and opportunities that lead to new adventures. That was when I realized what "The way is the goal." means.
Reaching something you were longing for might be a sweet feeling but it won't last. Trying to reach something will last much longer and with even the tiniest progress you have the sweet feeling of success. Yet even longer does the joy last you get from discovering things you could try to achieve devising plans and developing strategies.

The key expirience was a text/ still graphics based adventure game called "Soul Crystal" were a cheat option was openly implemented and clicking on it brought you immediately to an end screen congratulating you for successfullly ending the game and being ready to turn your computer off.
Of course I have tried the cheat (curiosity is a main virtue of every adventurer) and I noticed that this end screen gave me the exact same feeling as if I had actually played through the whole game: disappointment due to the pure fact that the real joy was already over. That feeling was amplified by the lack of satisfaction I had gained by achievements but it was the same as at the end of every adventure. It might be some kind of addiction but as I think a most healthy one because it keeps you moving and intensifies your expirience.

tyrannicide said:
"Good Cher, now sit! Aw, there's a nice girl. Here, have some pork ribs"
(Oh, and Velax? Could you errmm, maybe, like, uhh... keep them lace tights on?)

Really? You prefer them over the fishnets and red corset I wore last time? Fair enough. There's no accounting for taste.

Back
Top Bottom