Resolved Right Click Mouse Jumping

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.6.0
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: When on the world map or in the character editor, right clicking jumps the mouse cursor down and to the right. The jump distance increases exponentially. This makes it very hard to rotate on the world map, or in the character editor with the mouse.
How to Reproduce: Start the game, either open a save game or create a new sandbox game. Either on the world map or the character editor right click and watch the cursor move across the screen.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
GPU Driver Version: 27.21.14.6677
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor
RAM: 128 GB
Motherboard: ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Unfortunately, we were not able to reproduce this issue on our end. We believe this can be hardware related issue, rather than the game. Could you try to reproduce this issue with a different mouse if you can?

How to Disable Enhance Pointer Precision​

Navigate to Settings > Devices > Mouse > Additional mouse options. Click the “Pointer Options” tab, toggle “Enhance pointer precision” off, and click “OK” to save your changes.

If that doesn't fix it, open Device Manager, expand "Mice and other pointing devices". Uninstall all of the mice under it and restart your computer.

EDIT: If none of the above fixes it, take a look at this. Just don't download any of the programs they offer/advertise. You don't need a program to install mouse drivers, Windows will do it itself.

Last edited:
@momo1 Thanks for your response, I tried all of your suggestions and even tried some after following the link you proposed. Unfortunately, they did not resolve the problem.

@MArdA TaleWorlds After closer inspection of this bug I noticed some more details. I uploaded an image with the character editor from before. I noticed that my mouse only jumps on the character model viewer, but is working as expected (no jumping) on UI components (in the red box). I also tested this on the world map. When right clicking on the world map, the mouse jumps. However, if I open the encyclopedia, or any other UI elements, the mouse works as expected (No jumping).

I did go back to Beta 1.5.8 and noticed this bug, however, with one difference. In 1.5.8 the mouse only jumps once for a right click. If I do not move the mouse, and right click repeatedly, the mouse doesn't jump. If I move the mouse again, and right click, it jumps once and doesn't jump again until I move the mouse.

I hope this information helps

Hi, I just had the same problem.

Launched e1.6.0 for the first time without any mods and right clicking in character editor or on the map jumped the cursor away from top left of the screen.

This happened in borderless fullscreen and not in "true" fullscreen.
I have a 4k screen with display scaling active in windows 10.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom