[REQ] Mech mod

Which of these would you like?(all with weapons too of course)

• Mechs?

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • Power armours?

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • None, its stupid

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Cyborgs with implants etc...?

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Or the whole damn thing, with cyborgs mechs and powerarms with story, new cities, maps etc..?

Votes: 52 45.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

the fact of the matter is, this is a really really really stupid idea, go by mechassault, its like the people who want to make a zelda mod, just go buy the game you idiots. Its wayy easier than spending the better part of a year, making a mod that will look glitchy an homo anyway.

Jolly Martin luther King day: Nethoras

Nethoras said:
the fact of the matter is, this is a really really really stupid idea, go by mechassault, its like the people who want to make a zelda mod, just go buy the game you idiots. Its wayy easier than spending the better part of a year, making a mod that will look glitchy an homo anyway.

why be so down on it? there are plenty of Middle Earth based games, as well as Star Wars games and Final Fantasy games. yet, the Mods that are pretty much based in these settings are some of the best out there. it's not exactly like it has to be a copy of another game. Fantasy Mod started with Highelf doing some Final Fantasy inspired stuff, then it has evolved into something completely different than Final Fantasy. why can't this happen with this? just incorperate the different elements of other Robotic fighting games, and go from there. just because you don't like the idea doesn't mean you have to discourage it.

Speaking of cyborgs, my mod has them. You can start out as a cyborg, or buy robotic implants during the game.

octoburn said:
Nethoras said:

why be so down on it? there are plenty of Middle Earth based games, as well as Star Wars games and Final Fantasy games. yet, the Mods that are pretty much based in these settings are some of the best out there. it's not exactly like it has to be a copy of another game. Fantasy Mod started with Highelf doing some Final Fantasy inspired stuff, then it has evolved into something completely different than Final Fantasy. why can't this happen with this? just incorperate the different elements of other Robotic fighting games, and go from there. just because you don't like the idea doesn't mean you have to discourage it.

Why? Because making a mech mod for M&B is totally implausible.

I'd have to agree with the fullout mech thing...possible, but not possible to make it look good.

Power-armor is another thing altogether, though. I'm pretty certain it's possible to have armor give you bonuses when equipped, so "power-arms" could increase your strength or something. Just make it big, bulky, and mechanical-looking.

Yes, altogether, I dont think anyone should make this mod until the brf skeleton problem is fixed, but thats just my opninion. The bulky armour thing would look really weird.

Gah...not like 20 foot high bulky. Just larger, with lots of metallicish stuff. Futuristic...not necessarily gigantic. Why can't anybody see my vision?!  :razz:

Eother said:
Gah...not like 20 foot high bulky. Just larger, with lots of metallicish stuff. Futuristic...not necessarily gigantic. Why can't anybody see my vision?!  :razz:
I can see it and i really like it!

Edit:
octoburn said:
Nethoras said:

And thanks for backing me up octoburn!

Good. Somebody finally sees my vision. :smile:

Are you going to go ahead with that idea, or wait until the BRF update?

Maybe the power-armor idea could be implemented into Galactic Mercenaries, or Anomdreda....it's not really enough for a stand-alone mod.

Of course i were thinking of not only the mechs/cyborgs/powerarm whatever... but maybe the cities, factions etc too(you know the deal).
For example the doors of the star wars mod, its just a tiny example(if you have seen the new one)

Once again, buy mech assault, youre nto going to get flying mechs, physics (I think), and all the stuff you normally see in such mods, although I do admit, it may make a cool sub-feature in a mod, it would get kinda lame as the whole mod.

Although I dont support the idea, for foot soldiers, you could use the map charecters, though I dunno what skelington they use.

Who cares?? It's cool to add stuff to mount and blade. It's not a case of "Oh I want to emulate Mech-Warrior exactly". It'd be a case of "Oh, mechs are pretty cool, lets try them in this engine and see what happens.". Chances are you'll end up with a far different product, and one that is equally entertaining.

BTW Power Armour MAY or MAY NOT make an appearance in the Andromeda mod... it depends on what Big Al says :razz:

Back
Top Bottom