[REQ] Mech mod

Which of these would you like?(all with weapons too of course)

• Mechs?

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • Power armours?

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • None, its stupid

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Cyborgs with implants etc...?

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Or the whole damn thing, with cyborgs mechs and powerarms with story, new cities, maps etc..?

Votes: 52 45.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I dunno, it'd mainly require new models. Can't resize the skeleton? Then shrink the trees. Of course, then it would have to be mech only, or it'd look a bit odd (unless you can somehow justify giant vaegirs).

twouldnt be that hard with the new brfedit, including changable skelingtons and hitboxxes, I was thinking of doing titans for myne mod... although until the new befedit comes out its impossible to do well.

Nethoras said:
twouldnt be that hard with the new brfedit, including changable skelingtons and hitboxxes, I was thinking of doing titans for myne mod... although until the new befedit comes out its impossible to do well.

I know this post is now half a year old, but lots have changed and i wonder, is it now possible?

Hank said:
I still don't think it's possible. We still need to edit skeletons to get this to happen, and we can't do that. Don't get your hopes up mate.

Well, it is possible to maybe not bigger, but bulkier, some sort of mech suit.

Sheriff-murder said:
Hank said:
I still don't think it's possible. We still need to edit skeletons to get this to happen, and we can't do that. Don't get your hopes up mate.

Well, it is possible to maybe not bigger, but bulkier, some sort of mech suit.

Hmm, could do - if you found someone who'd be willing to model large weapons and armor then perhaps, yeah.

In truth, there are many work arounds for model sizes. A good example would be Hegemony's elephants. Increasing the size of a human model by just a bit as well as making larger weapons does allow for a bit of a larger enemy. You could make Warhammer style Orcs, even small trolls if you didn't mind about a foot of empty hitboxes.

About the Mech thing though, you'll have far more problems than the size. The game is not meant for mech combat, as almost 60% of M&B is the world map and buying stuff. The combat is OK- horse combat is great, but the foot combat is admittedly a bit weak- the sword hanging out..etc.

Even with my Firefly mod I find that it is hard to make combat fit. Mechs would just not work.

Well, as specified in the poll, anything sci-fi, but more machinery than the other mods so far. Maybe even just something cyborgish is enough.

Maybe Cyborgs VS "pure people"?

OR Terminators  :lol:?

Guys, seriously, come on. A MW is being made for Crysis, we don't need 50 different mods for 50 different games.

Why can't you leave it at Crysis? It'll do better justice to the MW world than this engine(arguably ever) can. Not to bash M&B or anything, but I hope you see my point.

viridiancity said:
Guys, seriously, come on. A MW is being made for Crysis, we don't need 50 different mods for 50 different games.

Why can't you leave it at Crysis? It'll do better justice to the MW world than this engine(arguably ever) can. Not to bash M&B or anything, but I hope you see my point.

Because no one wants to by crysis just for a mod, nor a computer than runs it well?

And i want big battles  :lol:.

And thrid, this is just my request,
"we don't need 50 different mods for 50 different games."
And currently we have very few mods for the latest version anyway.

Yea but X: You just have to have a mech mod on a more advanced engine. And you know . . . you can buy really good pc's for around 1k now. Not that it'd run crysis on high but still.

My comment about mods for different games was in the way you see the same IP being modded for a bunch of different engines. For instance a MW mod being made for another game other than crysis and M&B. . . it'd just be awfully redundant.

Well, i hope you understand that M&B and Crysis are totally different games, just because the fps like result seems cooler to you, doesnt mean people do not want big battles and an rpg environment,

/casts sixth level thread necromancy

Playing HokieBT's Star Wars Calradia mod (SWC) made me wonder about a BattleTech mod, which lead to this thread via forum search.  I think M&B makes a better fit to the BT universe than is immediately apparent.
- Mech physical combat: Unlike every other game I know of, Mount and Blade has the ability to support melee comabt between Mechs if the Mechs use an oversize human skeleton and animation.  Make all the weapons ranged, and the default melee action is punch, plus there's native support for ramming damage.  Even the few Mechs with melee weapons are easily supported, as opposed to MW4 or Mech Assault or so on.
-Map travel:  Each star system as flat starfield land surrounded by starfield sea.  Map icons are DropShips.  Travel between systems is done via menu like in the Pirates mod.  Encountering dropships leads to a choice of fighting dismounted in the ship hangar (like SWC) or mounted on the planet surface.
-Mechs and vehicles as mounts: SWC replace horses with speeder bikes, which could be adapted to hovercraft and other tanks.  Hegemony used invisible boots to mount elephant riders to their elephants, vehicles and Mechs could require equipping a full set of invisible crew armor so that pilots would disappear inside their vehicles the same way the rider's legs disappear inside the elephant.
-Mech scale weapons and armor: SWC has wearable items other than books that boost stats.  Mech crew clothes could provide max strength and ironflesh, while Mech weapons (separate from Mechs) could require max strength to wield
-Atmosphere:  3025 BT is a neo-feudal universe where every two bit backwater planet has a lord that rules it, the line between mercenaries and pirates is a little blurry, 5 realms are in a state of perpetual indecisive war, tournaments at Solaris VII make men rich overnight, and the best path to riches is to equip a small mercenary company from battlefield salvage.  Sounds more than a little bit like Calradia to me.

So what say you?  Have 6 months and the final M&B version changed the sense of the possible?  Has this inspired an old school BattleTech fan with more code skill than myself to explore the possibilities?

Exchange your arm for a big-ass gun (Or whatever you said, I am too lazy to go back and find a quoute)
You would have to be able to rig a weapon to the arm. I don't think this is possible. =X

Back
Top Bottom