[RELZ]Calradia Map Refinement

Users who are viewing this thread

Map is nice but hero can´t go and step to many places on this map now, so it seems to me playability of the game is worse while using the new map. For that reason I prefer the old one.  :???: 

army blocked here (37) :

block.jpg

anyway, there is too many bug, i quit this mod.

Suit yourself, I played with it for over 100 game days as a replacement map for age of machinery and never had problem one.

Thanks, Aldwen, for this brilliant map. The original Native map often hampered my sense of immersion in the game,  with its illogically placed castles and villages seemingly arranged to be equidistant instead of in any intuitive, organic way. To cite a quick example of how much fun your map makes the game, it turned a simple trip from Rivacheg up into the Vaegir mountains a thrill ride, as I had to wait for local Lords to drive deserter bands from the mountain pass up to Khudan before I dared move my battle-depleted party - with the old map I would have just yawned and made a wide semicircle around the danger. Well done!

Since save game compatibility is a hot topic for discussion, I am happy to report that I was able to switch to your map in a 250+ day old saved game I was playing using the 1257 mod. My game was saved at night with my party inside a city (Wercheg) and no other parties visible nearby. Afterwards I rode out to check on some castle sieges that I knew had begun before I switched maps - the armies were still there and able to capture their objectives, even though I am guessing that your mod changed their altitudes.

(By the way, as a big fan of the 1257 Edition realism mod I have to say that your realistic map is a perfect addition to it. The Rhodok/Khergit border always seemed so arbitrary to me before.)

Hey. Thanks fro gerat mod. This map looks WAY better than original one.

I found another spot which is impassable. Its at the T crossing near Dramug Castle.

Yes, thanks a lot for this map. It's really much more fun than native to use

Another glitch - tho i'm not sure that its related to this mod.

Malayurg Castle Siege - attackers dont move from their starting point. It was rather funny to see them standing there firing at me. It was even  funnier , that they had 500+ army and i had 130, but 45 of em were Huskarls. It was worst slaughter i've seen in M&B so far. They were butchered in 1/5 minutes...

Downloaded it now, gonna try it soon, but it just looks what the Native game map needed, so "good work" :smile:

Lord Tovi said:
army blocked here (37) :
~~img~~
anyway, there is too many bug, i quit this mod.

Well I can tell you right off the bat why that army is stuck there. It is sitting on impassable terrain. No clue how you or the AI for that matter managed to even get on it in the first place, as I cannot recreate it, nor have a moved the nodes in that area to being with o_O

Hety said:
Another glitch - tho i'm not sure that its related to this mod.
Malayurg Castle Siege - attackers dont move from their starting point. It was rather funny to see them standing there firing at me. It was even  funnier , that they had 500+ army and i had 130, but 45 of em were Huskarls. It was worst slaughter i've seen in M&B so far. They were butchered in 1/5 minutes...

Aye, that is not related to this mod. Sieges have their own special maps so even elevation changes around them wouldn't effect them, nor would it change the AI behavior. Sounds just like a regular old bug. By chance are you running the battle sizer and is that siege one with a tower? If so I've seen it happen several times first hand with me in both defending and attack positions. It happens when you have the battle sizer set to high numbers. The AI breaks and doesn't move. *shrugs*

NaglFaar said:
great map dude. Just one thing. Jamiche castle is unreacheble.

Thanks :smile: As for Jamiche Castle being unreachable... 0.o Have your tried different angles? I have M&B open in the background and I'm having no issues reaching Jamiche Castle... Not really sure what the problem could be other than approaching from a certain angle is goofed.

I've also over the past few months received a number of PMs asking for permissions to use this map in mods. For future modders...

Please feel free to use Calradia Map Refinement in your mods. Just remember to credit :grin: And if you like, send me a link to your mod and I'll check it out :smile:

I love this map !!
I override  all mods which use the native map

I have one wish though ...i wish caravans and troops used the road net work

is there anyway to make movement rates diferent to encourage the computer to use the roads ?
I am no modder and i have looked at the text files ect ....made not much sense to me  :smile:

then the compter goes trough woods the movement halves
would it be possible to do something with this ?

I thought making a certain distance from the road impassable but i think this would limit the game too much

[quote author=Aldwen]Thanks :smile: As for Jamiche Castle being unreachable... 0.o Have your tried different angles? I have M&B open in the background and I'm having no issues reaching Jamiche Castle... Not really sure what the problem could be other than approaching from a certain angle is goofed.[/quote]

Yeah I tried it but I just could not reach it. He just stopped moving outside the castle.

I had a similar issue with Jamiche castle, until I got frustrated and cheat clicked on it.  When I left I could no longer move at all, just run in place while time passed.  Exiting the game and restarting it, then loading from a save cleared the issue up and I was able to enter Jamiche normally

Just felt like it would be a good idea to let you know that the Swadian village of Yaragar is unreachable due to the elevation/placement of the village.

Loaded it up and started to wonder why I wasn't getting the new textures as well, then I saw your asterisk in the opening post. Now I'm downloading Punkt's HiRes textures to go along with your much improved map. Thanks for making this!

Could all the odd stuck units and unreachable villages etc be a by product of people switching to the map from a pre-exhisting save and having units already in places they shouldnt be on the new map?

Also, changing the map, how does that effect trade caravans and patrols etc?

Back
Top Bottom