Religious people more healthy?

Users who are viewing this thread

macethump

Sergeant Knight
The moment the second link said religiosity, I lost all faith in the credibility of these studies, and quit reading em.  I still think it's a pile of crap.  There are plenty of counter-studies, too.  Blach.

This is pseudoscience at best and a big pile of steaming dog doo at worst.

Anybody can whip out statistics to 'prove' a positive correlation between longer lifespans and anything from penis size to number of pies eaten.

piratesarecool4.gif

Supposedly, having a "healthy spiritual life" is said to contribute to one's mental and emotional wellbeing. Perhaps this is mere propaganda spread by religious folk, but the devout Christians who I know (such as my brother and his circle of friends) seem to be happier than a lot of non-religious people I know. However, said happiness may be a conglomeration of other factors.

There has been a recent upsurge in piracy, at the same time as the temperature has been rising. I declare your pirate-temperature theory disproved!

Mage246 said:
There has been a recent upsurge in piracy, at the same time as the temperature has been rising. I declare your pirate-temperature theory disproved!
*grumble*
It....

*think*

...takes time for the effects to be noticed :O

Religeous people tend to drink, fight and shag less. So they are less likely to get problems from drinking, wounds/death from fighting (I saw a punch up between greek church and some other people at jesus' death place on the news) or STDs. Or STIs I can never remember which it is.

They're sneaking around so people don't really know how many of them there are?  You mean these pirates are acting like... ninjas?!  *dun Dun DUN!!!!*

Back
Top Bottom