Redwood Vassels stay in there castles-not sure if done somthing wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

So, I've been playing a while now and finally found myself in the redwood nation and have notices the redwood vassals aren't moving from there castles or any friendly castles, is this a bug or have i installed the mod incorrectly?   

Did you take a lot of their land or something? I notice this in my game too. But only after I took like 70 percent of their land. Maybe they are there just replenishing troops?

Montavious said:
Did you take a lot of their land or something? I notice this in my game too. But only after I took like 70 percent of their land. Maybe they are there just replenishing troops?

Yea i did, but they've been there for a while. It's very weird. Plus they all seem to have 100+ troops.

tacio00 said:
Montavious said:

Yea i did, but they've been there for a while. It's very weird. Plus they all seem to have 100+ troops.
It's not a bug, but it's the native map AI.
I am trying to work on fixing it in 0.6

Best possible fix is to increase renown of the vassals. They are stuck in the castle because the AI decided that it's danger outside and wanted to turtle up more units.

habeo123 said:
Best possible fix is to increase renown of the vassals. They are stuck in the castle because the AI decided that it's danger outside and wanted to turtle up more units.
Good point... didn't we already raise their renown though :smile:

I thought the cause was because they have too much renown, leadership, etc. and are turtling in their castles to train troops. They won't come out because they are waiting for money to train more troops and will stay in their castles for a long time until they have enough troops. At least that's what I think is happening, since this happens to me if I cheat and give Companions 10 leadership and then make them Lords and only give them 1 village as a fief.

Something unusual said:
I thought the cause was because they have too much renown, leadership, etc. and are turtling in their castles to train troops. They won't come out because they are waiting for money to train more troops and will stay in their castles for a long time until they have enough troops. At least that's what I think is happening, since this happens to me if I cheat and give Companions 10 leadership and then make them Lords and only give them 1 village as a fief.
Hmm I didn't think of that SU
I have some ideas how to fix it, but i am not certain It will. I may have a answer by this weekend.

That could be the case, I missed the part where they would need more troops with more renown. Problem is, we need to put a higher value prosperity system to fiefs. Problem must be the fiefs can't grant enough gold for them to maintain troops. After the initial troop count, I hardly ever see anyone with more than 150 troops on the map except for the ruler and possibly the special vassal.

So we need to make fief grants more income.

Hi Dev. Team... :smile:! I said to myself "No. Keep quiet after .6"...but...this is such an amazingly important point that I just couldn't hold back. So sorry in advance for this long post that I smuggle into this thread... :roll: :lol:

Map AI hmmm. Ok I'll keep it to the income, although there are 1000 issues with it...

Having started my own kingdom, I now have roughly about 3200 soldiers at arms. My kingdom occupies 4 cities and 6 castles. 2 cities and 1 castle I've taken in the past 3 days, so they have pretty much only the crap in them, that you get when taking them and what you can recruit, slaughtering the roamers within reach.
I only own the cities and 2 castles.
Fielding, let's say 150 elites, I have to pay an average of 40 denars per troop, including the crap that I will disband sooner or later, amounting to about 128000 denars weekly. Due to tax inefficiency my fiefs and businesses only provide for 60% or so. That means paying about 50-60000 denars weekly extra cash to maintain them at a level where it would realy hurt to take one of the castles or cities.
The normal garrison for my castles is 200: 40 good archers, 60 infantry (priests or comparable at least) and 100 cavalry (2nd best tier as well). The cities in the backyard have about 600 troops, if they're not directly attached to a neighboring kingdom, if not 800-1000 troops to be save.

So here is a calculation as an example:
Kingdom X has no lords and occupies 2 cities, 4 castles and 14 villages. Tax rate is normal let's say. Both cities are direct neighbors of other kingdoms, as are the castles. If you take my garrison strength, which is - I know that - very cautious :lol: and say that it definitely should eat up all the income BUT not more, this would amount to let's say 2200 soldiers + 120 on the field at an average of 40 denars each, amounting to the sum of 92800 denars which would have to be generated by the fiefs and businesses to end up at 0 income.

One way to do it, would definitely be to improve the income generated by fiefs, another would be to reduce tax-inefficiency to a realistic level like 30% max or so, as I already suggested in another thread :wink:

With more troops to come in the future version, more fief income is going to be very crucial. One of the reason fief income is not enough is also because there are too many free roaming parties taking on caravans, farmer.

We're working on reducing those to a more balanced number but I think the point of having many roaming parties is to remind you that Perisno is a brutal place. It's a War-torn continent, with many migrated factions still are settling down, fighting for the lands. That gives those vultures the chance to make a fortune more often, including the player. That fits the lore.

To not let it depend only on fief income, there could be another way to improve the income situation for the player. When I used Tweak MB with Diplomacy I once found an option that allowes you to increase the output of businesses in cities. I did that for the velvet weaveries and it helped alot, especially to maintain an army without any fief. Increasing the output by just one piece amazingly improves it... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom