Recruiting Red Immortals?

Users who are viewing this thread

Got a lot of them and I would love to have these guys and Bakhal in my army combined... they would be unstoppable. Are they unrecruitable?

Pandazgonebad said:
Got a lot of them and I would love to have these guys and Bakhal in my army combined... they would be unstoppable. Are they unrecruitable?

I think that technically they are recruitable, but since you need to be a higher level to recruit prisoners, and they're level 50, then realistically, you won't ever be able to recruit them.

Third Atanon Guards are a good alternative if you want a similar heavy infantry unit. You can recruit them in large numbers after finishing the Third Legion quest

Lord Irontoe said:
Pandazgonebad said:
I think that technically they are recruitable, but since you need to be a higher level to recruit prisoners, and they're level 50, then realistically, you won't ever be able to recruit them.
There are not many mods where one can reach level 50 without cheating, but Perisno is one.  I do not remember what level my highest character was, but he was at least 48, possibly higher.  I'll check next time I boot the PC he's on.

Just to throw in my stats: I'm at day 491 and currently at level 46.
But damn I killed a lot of stuff for that... getting to 50 will take very long.

I actually checked my highest level Perisno character.  Day ~500, level 51.  And there's his character sheet below:

Ec3IifT.jpg

I did not consciously try to over level.  It's just that you get a ton of experience as an archer in sieges.  That 651 archery proficiency is another consequence of all the shooting.

But I was not above telling all my men to hold fire and run around the edges of the map as I was head-shotting those high level, two handed weapon guys that spawn in their hundreds NW of the Dragonlands.  (Sorry, been a while, I can't quite remember what the dragonriders' kingdom was called.)

this should help (credits to Leonion, from the main thread) :

3. On rescuing enemies' prisoners:
If your relation with a soldier's faction plus 3x of your persuasion skill >= 40, you can recruit a soldier of any level.
If your relation with a soldier's faction plus 3x of your persuasion skill >= 0, you can recruit all of those whose level is smaller than yours+2x*persuasion. Others (whose level is higher) will join you partially, depending on the difference between the levels. The rest of "friendly" soldiers will go away.
You should get the remaining hostile "rescued" soldiers as prisoners.
Exception 1: if you're at war with faction X but also have its culture in your kingdom, you will get half of rescued troops from this faction as troops and another half as prisoners.
Exception 2: if a faction is defeated, relation requirement is passed automatically (Falcons are an exception), only level requirement remains.
4. You can only recruit prisoners from your own party if your level is bigger than theirs and you have positive relation with their faction.

Tuidjy said:
Lord Irontoe said:
Pandazgonebad said:
There are not many mods where one can reach level 50 without cheating, but Perisno is one.  I do not remember what level my highest character was, but he was at least 48, possibly higher.  I'll check next time I boot the PC he's on.
Or u can go to Arendal meet the weapon enthusiast finish the Dueler rapier quest return the book to Galwe go again to Arendal talk to the Weapon Enthusiast again to finish the quest BUT u can finish taliking with him infinitive and he gives 2000 exp each time BUT in the moment u leave the tavern he will be gone easy legal cheat :grin: sry for my poor english :sad:

willyflare said:
this should help (credits to Leonion, from the main thread) :

3. On rescuing enemies' prisoners:
If your relation with a soldier's faction plus 3x of your persuasion skill >= 40, you can recruit a soldier of any level.
If your relation with a soldier's faction plus 3x of your persuasion skill >= 0, you can recruit all of those whose level is smaller than yours+2x*persuasion. Others (whose level is higher) will join you partially, depending on the difference between the levels. The rest of "friendly" soldiers will go away.
You should get the remaining hostile "rescued" soldiers as prisoners.
Exception 1: if you're at war with faction X but also have its culture in your kingdom, you will get half of rescued troops from this faction as troops and another half as prisoners.
Exception 2: if a faction is defeated, relation requirement is passed automatically (Falcons are an exception), only level requirement remains.
4. You can only recruit prisoners from your own party if your level is bigger than theirs and you have positive relation with their faction.
Good job i was searching for this simple EXPLANATION for the PoP but since i started the Perisno just like the high level elves in PoP i cant rescue them, because the leveling there is not like in Perisno it takes more time, yeah u have gems and u can boost stats but still slow leveling than Perisno :smile: I apologize for not being word perfect in English :>

8uzzard said:
Good job i was searching for this simple EXPLANATION for the PoP but since i started the Perisno just like the high level elves in PoP i cant rescue them, because the leveling there is not like in Perisno it takes more time

Well, in PoP its hard scripted, You cannot recruit certain troops, no matter how high your level is. And about leveling I dissagree - its pretty much the same in both mods, You can level up the same way in PoP (especially with rune bows) as Tuidjy described:
Tuidjy said:
I did not consciously try to over level.  It's just that you get a ton of experience as an archer in sieges.

But back to the topic, there is a "solution" (and I don't mean cheats by that):

kRGhtNc.jpg

You can simply make "fake" Red Immortals via custom mercenaries. Yes they don't have such an insane stats (650 profs and 70 strength), but You can compesate it a little bit by giving them armor of Mactabilus, not just regular Red Immortal's armor.

so it's faction relationship + 3x(persuasion skill)?  Persuasion skill then isn't very good, at 3 persuasion, you only get 9 more points?  30 points at max 10 persuasion?

Savigo said:
But back to the topic, there is a "solution" (and I don't mean cheats by that):

kRGhtNc.jpg

You can simply make "fake" Red Immortals via custom mercenaries. Yes they don't have such an insane stats (650 profs and 70 strength), but You can compesate it a little bit by giving them armor of Mactabilus, not just regular Red Immortal's armor.

How do I change their names? Couldn't find an option for that.

When you click on their troop tree (i think it's, reports-minor factions-players troops?)  There is a box at the top left, whatever you type into this replaces the word"hired".  So if you put Cretas, you'd end up with Cretas recruit, Cretas veteran warrior, Cretas Knight...etc.

For further immersion, if you click on the individual troop types another window opens and you can change the names there as well.  (note if you go back and change the main name all the individual troop names revert to the default.)

I have Maccavian Highlanders, Maccavian Outriders, Maccavian Besiegers for example. 

Back
Top Bottom