Racist Trash issues

Users who are viewing this thread

<removed> can we get this trash off BL. every other bloody game.
Yeah it's bad. Report it. However if you think it's just bannerlord that has this issue you are in for a shock. The internet gives people a screen to hide behind...

Last edited by a moderator:
TW is working on an in-game report system, that should reduce the amount of such behavior drastically. Until then, report people the regular way, by pm'ing Callum (or when on duel server, pm'ing Orion).

Same guy was playing as Adolf Titler a couple days ago. Luckily he is complete trash and it’s pretty easy to just TK him or kill him so that he can’t teamkill other people

I reckon Taleworlds likes having these people on their servers. Surely they'd autocensor those words otherwise – it's like Club Penguin tech. After all, you'll never need to use the n word to communicate orders to someone.

You'll see the same people doing it, too. Some are even evolving and will type something harmless followed by a bunch of spaces and (All) Name with some sort of slur to make it appear someone else is doing it.

Sometimes it feels like they want people to see blatant racism in chat. I mean, why else would they make it almost impossible to figure out how to mute someone?

It was said in the same thread that @EbdanianAdmiral mentions, but I think it bears repeating: you actually can report players directly to Steam.

I think that for some particularly toxic behavior such as the one displayed by this person this is a good way to go, and it's actually pretty easy to do.
Answered my own question... nicknames are implemented and the bastard hides behind the new ID system.

The only other game I can think of that is this bad is Mordhau, and the issue there is with the developers turning a blind eye to or even outright encouraging racist spam.

I am honestly starting to wonder about Taleworld's good faith on this myself. I and others have tagged @Callum and @MArdA TaleWorlds asking for an official stance from TW on racist crap being spammed in chat and rules of conduct for MP, and I don't remember a single instance where that got an answer. Reading the code of conduct here I had gotten the impression that they would not have tolerated that kind of behavior, but perhaps I was mistaken.

Answered my own question... nicknames are implemented and the bastard hides behind the new ID system.

There is also the issue that sometimes there is more than one Steam ID with a certain name and you can't really know which one is the offender, so yeah it is not perfect by any means.

Edit: OK, I stand corrected, Callum did answer a post from @CANTON just yesterday. I guess we just have to be patient for a while longer until the report system gets instated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom