Questions!

Users who are viewing this thread

swordofjanak said:
Any plans on adding Savoy?

We had a lot of problems finding lords for Savoy when we started the mod. So we rolled their regiments into the HRE troop tree.

In the past few months we've gotten the info we'd need to move Savoy to a minor faction status and get them out of the HRE tree. However before we pull them we want a new texturer who can do some new Austrian regiments for us so that the Savoy pullout does not mean the weakening of Austria.

We'll get to it and Savoy will be a minor faction later. Now where is that texturer to make us some uniforms?  :grin:

Right, I simply must ask what the name of the composer and of the classical piece is, which was used in the TotSK trailer? Might it be Händel and some of his royal music pieces?

I ask mainly because I find myself humming it unknowingly on occasion! Strangely haunting piece, considering how grandeous it appears.

Then again, baroque is magnificent for aforementioned grandeur. :smile:

Selonikka said:
Right, I simply must ask what the name of the composer and of the classical piece is, which was used in the TotSK trailer?

I ask mainly because I find myself humming it unknowingly on occasion! Strangely haunting piece, considering how grandeous it appears.

Then again, baroque is magnificent for aforementioned grandeur. :smile:

The piece is by Jean-Baptiste Lully who was Louis XIV's court composer in the late 17th c. The piece in question is called "Folies d'Espagne" (follies of Spain) which fit the mood of the time and provided a pretty good opening to the mod.

Lully composed many fantastic pieces of triumphant baroque and a lot of them are in the mod. I am working on a music overhaul of the mod right now but do not worry-that will remain the opener and there is more Lully coming!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Baptiste_Lully

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1ngcsx1Drs

Much oblieged! It is fabulous chosen, I dare say. :grin:

Now to find some more Jean-Baptiste Lully compositions. ^_^

EDIT: Terribly sorry, but the piece in question was the one used in this trailer for TotSK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLgsudNJtjE

Mind you, the main theme, so to speak, is still grand. :wink:

Selonikka said:
Much oblieged! It is fabulous chosen, I dare say. :grin:

Now to find some more Jean-Baptiste Lully compositions. ^_^

EDIT: Terribly sorry, but the piece in question was the one used in this trailer for TotSK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLgsudNJtjE

Mind you, the main theme, so to speak, is still grand. :wink:

Ah ok! Well you want this then: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snxUHRaGTuA The piece is Marc Antoine Charpentier's "Marche de Triomphe." It sounds so good because Musica Antiqua Koln are performing it and they try to do all the pieces they perform as they would have been done at the time of the original composition. So you can really just imagine yourself at the French court. Charpentier replaced Lully at court I believe and was influenced by the master.

Whatever the music that plays I nevertheless find myself swept away, and it lends such a tremendous amount of atmosphere that it but compliments the mod masterfully!

Thank you both for such quick and detailed answers. :grin:

And said Scottish Outlaw Leader is, from what I have personally observed, but the generic leader of the various bands of Jacobite Rebels that roam northern Spain and southern France. I've hunted those extensively in order to procure the Scottish gear of their subordinates, not to forget their weaponry.

Never caught one myself, though, but if I had (and indeed could) I'd nick their attire in an heartbeat. It looks fabulous, just like it does on Lachlan Craigleith (or however his name was spelled) in the tavern in Paris. :roll:

Alright, interesting.

But hey, what are your plans on the matter of the North African towns? I recall something about making them neutral to some degree but conquarable by the player, and them having slave traders you could sell prisoners to, I cant seem to find any slave traders in European towns. I was just wondering, because I might be interested in making scenes for them.

Comrade Temuzu said:
Alright, interesting.

But hey, what are your plans on the matter of the North African towns? I recall something about making them neutral to some degree but conquarable by the player, and them having slave traders you could sell prisoners to, I cant seem to find any slave traders in European towns. I was just wondering, because I might be interested in making scenes for them.

I believe Afton mentioned to me recently that he was going to do those.

Hey, first off, amazing mod! :grin:

So, I saw this screenshot on the main thread, but I havent encountered it ingame.
Furthermore what is it used for? Custom equiping your soldiers and companions?
And can you rename the units (perhaps through this screen)??

6848560425_61daa1305e_b.jpg

InfamousBeats said:
Hey, first off, amazing mod! :grin:

So, I saw this screenshot on the main thread, but I havent encountered it ingame.
Furthermore what is it used for? Custom equiping your soldiers and companions?
And can you rename the units (perhaps through this screen)??

6848560425_61daa1305e_b.jpg

Something we were toying with before the NW patches came in and destroyed a great deal of work that had been done. It's gone now and no idea if we will resurrect it or not.

Hi, I hope you can help me; I've downloaded and installed the mod but during the loading of the textures it always crashes. Apparently the guilty is legging_black_boot... Any idea? thanks!

dsfrozen said:
Hi, I hope you can help me; I've downloaded and installed the mod but during the loading of the textures it always crashes. Apparently the guilty is legging_black_boot... Any idea? thanks!
load textures on demand in customization

I know this topic is dedicated to questions, but I'll give people an answer instead. If you're experiencing that fiefs are given to kingdoms randomly, then "update"(rather a downgrade) to revision 47(which is stable). I just felt like sharing this.

HOW TO DO THIS:

[list type=decimal]
[*]Right-click the totsk folder.
[*]Choose "TortoiseSVN".
[*]Click on "Update to revision".
[*]Type "47" and choose revision
[/list]
You can now play properly :grin:

lolwarrior said:
Regarding canons, how does one get the faction artillerymen like dutch cannon man or the ottoman cannon man?
It will automatically have a faction prefix after you enlisted in a faction.

Back
Top Bottom