question about marshall assignments

Users who are viewing this thread

twinsens

Squire
I've been wondering if the quests given to me by a marshall during a campaign make any difference (as in bring cattle to stop vassals from saying "we've been on campaign to long" or "the offensive needs to wind down") or if scouting actually improves tactics in sieges or something.

also if you deliver messages to and from lords do they gain a disposition boost toward each other or will/could it affect the political landscape?

or are these thing just to give you something gain disposition boosts with their quest givers?

They mean nothing...its just to help build relation with the lord.

Those additional quest from the Marshall as stated above don't really do much other than give additional ways to boost relation with the Marshall.

I just usually 'Accompany' and 'Ctrl+Space' ignoring all those notification until the Marshall quest is completed.
(Or if I'm the current King of the faction itself, I would just assign a new Marshall which automatically completes the Marshall quest itself.)

Asulador said:
Those additional quest from the Marshall as stated above don't really do much other than give additional ways to boost relation with the Marshall.

I just usually 'Accompany' and 'Ctrl+Space' ignoring all those notification until the Marshall quest is completed.
(Or if I'm the current King of the faction itself, I would just assign a new Marshall which automatically completes the Marshall quest itself.)
I just kinda ignore him too. Ever notice after he calls for you, you ignore him, its like he can tell, in under 30 seconds he'll send for you again.

'Go find me some cows'
Seriously?
Ive got an army of two hundred, im the most powerful vassal in this kingdom, and you dragged me all the way out to the other side of calradia becuse you needed somebody to get 4 cows? Take the messenger you sent me and tell him to go to a nearby cillage and get some cattle instead of wasting my time. Marshalls suck.
'Bad guys coming. Kill them all. Meet back her for supper'
Thats a quest id much rather take at this point. In fact, anybody who the marshall summons has better things to do than find cows. Be nice for a challenge from those people once in a while...

It would be pretty cool if those missions actually had an effect in the battlefield though, like those cows would actually feed their troops as if they were actually running low on morale because of starvation, resulting to a loss of troops and the accumulation of deserters, yet they chose not to give it any use as far as I know.  :???:

Asulador said:
It would be pretty cool if those missions actually had an effect in the battlefield though, like those cows would actually feed their troops as if they were actually running low on morale because of starvation, resulting to a loss of troops and the accumulation of deserters, yet they chose not to give it any use as far as I know.  :???:
Yes, if the quests actually had any effect id be much more indpired to do them, but alas im quite sure they do not. Might be in a mod somewhere though. You would think that after i told the marshall there was a thousand guys outside dhirrim he would decide to not go to dhirrim but nope...
I was going to mention something. I forgot of course...

Back
Top Bottom