Quest system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Balor

Recruit
I'd suggest making questing like in Space Rangers. Right now, you are randomly assigned an objective, and then situation is generated... like a raiding party that attack a village.
In SR, it's vice versa: If there is was a raid, and raiding party is not yet returned home - assign the quest to punish them...
Also, quests like 'exterminate “number” groups of bandits' should be common - since there are usually a lot of bandits running around :smile:. In fact, we already have one - in Zendar. Exploit it some more.
Same goes for quests like supply 'that' and 'that'... it should be centered on actual demands, not be completely random. Like a city that is low on foodstuff may ask to bring some.
And btw, right now most supply quests are horribly overpowered in terms of returns. Like, I was given a task to bring 4 coursers. I've brought... 3 of them were limp, and on was stubborn :smile:. All in all, it cost me about 5-6k gold. In return, I got more then 20k! It's insane.
I guess you should only get full cost of them, + 30-40% extra at best... making it a great way to sell off stuff you looted (or produced) for extra profit, but not: get quest, buy all they wanted in the shop of the very town, get insane $$$.
And make them reject low-quality goods, like cracked for weapons, battered for armor and limp/swaybacked for horses. Or make them use correct costs when calculating rewards. Preferably both :smile:.
And, of course, more quests for getting followers, unique items and perhaps even acquiring your own settlements would be nice.

Hunting down a set number of bandits is excruiatingly dull, the River Pirates quest is better as a one off, which gives new players something to do and profit from. Fighting bandits is either something you avoid or chase down yourself anyway, you profit enough in exp and loot.

Balor said:
I'd suggest making questing like in Space Rangers. Right now, you are randomly assigned an objective, and then situation is generated...

I hate random mission generaters! it gets so boring and repetative!

I'd much prefer to see series of quests that follow on from each other and have their own self contained story.

*rolls eyes*
We are going to have them anyway, right? (And, in fact, we do). I'm merely suggesting make ones we have more realistic.

I'd like to see more missions, random or otherwise. In fact, I'd like to see a combination of both; more random missions and more plot missions. If you recall the ancient RPG Daggerfall, I would like to see a system where you can put off some of the more plot-related missions for an indefinite period allowing you the freedom to carry on whatever sidequests or random missions you feel like doing beforehand. Or afterward, or anything at all.

Hmm... It will be good to add some chain random quests. Quest that follows one by one, created by your actions.
For example.
You are member of trylian war group. You recive quest to destroy some enemy group that travels on trylian territory.
If you fails, next quest will be generated with % will be to protect town from attack of group that you fails to destoy earlier.
If you succes in first quest, next quest will be to contratac because some town dont have enough protection anymore.

Of corse it simplified model of more complex system, but i hope the idea is clear $)

Back
Top Bottom