Putting blood on agents

Users who are viewing this thread

Im not 100% sure but "on_agent_hit" should fire before damage it applied, so you can override amount of hp lost  to just enough for wounding but not killing. Someone correct me if Im wrong...

From my experience when the amount of damage is enough to kill the agent you can't really do anything to stop it in on_agent_hit. I could be wrong though.

Code:
ti_on_agent_hit
# Trigger result: if returned result is greater than or equal to zero, inflicted damage is set to the value specified by the module.

I'm not sure how this information helps though. There is no information on ti_on_agent_killed_or_wounded.

Pio said:
There is no information on ti_on_agent_killed_or_wounded.

look closer  :mrgreen:

Code:
ti_on_agent_killed_or_wounded = -26.0 # Agent has been defeated in battle (killed or wounded)
    # trigger param 1 = defeated agent_id
    # trigger param 2 = attacker agent_id
    # trigger param 3 = wounded flag: 0 = agent is killed, 1 = agent is wounded
    # If (set_trigger_result) with non-zero parameter is used in the code, it will override the agent's fate. Use value of 1 to force kill, and 2 to force wounded.

of course you don't need to catch a killed_or_wounded if you simple remove the damage from the other trigger (return 0), as no HP will be lost

--> keep in mind this has nothing to do with bleeding. What you guys are talking about the last few posts is probably a overkill after getting lost in a maze. But that is another history. This is just to correct the interpretation of the triggers inner working

Pio said:
Code:
ti_on_agent_hit
# Trigger result: if returned result is greater than or equal to zero, inflicted damage is set to the value specified by the module.

I'm not sure how this information helps though. There is no information on ti_on_agent_killed_or_wounded.

I dont quite get for what exactly you need "ti_on_agent_killed_or_wounded". Just set trigger result in "ti_on_agent_hit" to lets say 40. Shoot  missile and it will override damage to 40, wounding but not killing agent. Then heal him instantly to full. Only possibly problematic part is aiming missiles properly. 

kalarhan said:
Code:
ti_on_agent_killed_or_wounded = -26.0 # Agent has been defeated in battle (killed or wounded)
    # trigger param 1 = defeated agent_id
    # trigger param 2 = attacker agent_id
    # trigger param 3 = wounded flag: 0 = agent is killed, 1 = agent is wounded
    # If (set_trigger_result) with non-zero parameter is used in the code, it will override the agent's fate. Use value of 1 to force kill, and 2 to force wounded.

of course you don't need to catch a killed_or_wounded if you simple remove the damage from the other trigger (return 0), as no HP will be lost

Isnt  if you set trigger result to 1 in "ti_on_agent_killed_or_wounded "  means that agent is wounded in SINGLE PLAYER terms? So they gonna be treated as wounded in battle and recover after some time on campaing map?

EmielRegis said:
Isnt  if you set trigger result to 1 in "ti_on_agent_killed_or_wounded "  means that agent is wounded in SINGLE PLAYER terms? So they gonna be treated as wounded in battle and recover after some time on campaing map?

re-read the comments, you are close, but no cigar  :mrgreen:

kalarhan said:

keep in mind this has nothing to do with bleeding. What you guys are talking about the last few posts is probably a overkill after getting lost in a maze.
If no hp is lost there won't be any blood on agent's body and we want blood. Bleeding is not what we are trying to achieve. If you know a better way to make characters covered in blood please share with us.

EmielRegis said:
I dont quite get for what exactly you need "ti_on_agent_killed_or_wounded".
It's because we were talking about what would happen when too much damage is applied, but you are right that we don't need it.

Back
Top Bottom