Prophesy of Pendor 4.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, if you want to be a mindless slave and try to stand up against the wrath of the Noldor unleashed, not to mention every other army that's existed in PoP, if that sounds fun to you...

But I can already tell you from earlier posts in this thread that it's not going to happen. I personally do not see the fun in serving such an ugly-dressed, foolish, evil group of...snakes. Ruling over - maybe. Serving - nope. Destroying - count me in.

Gudzini said:
Grotesque said:
I really see future of PoP as a original/standalone game, it`s worth it.

Pirates already have made it  :???: :
http://www.cdstalker.ru/covers/DVD-Game--MountBlade-Prophecy-of-Pendor_45092.html

Hmm, they do sell "Prophecy of Pendor", for the price of 5 $. I wonder if they completely remodeled this mod or just changed one letter in the title and now making some lucre on work of the other people. Although I doubt very much that their business is going well.

"Hmm, they do sell "Prophecy of Pendor", for the price of 5 $. I wonder if they completely remodeled this mod or just changed one letter in the title and now making some lucre on work of the other people. Although I doubt very much that their business is going well."

I'm sure they haven't done anything with it, other than package it for a few morons who are naive enough to buy something they could download for free. They did get one thing right though; they spelled Prophecy correctly. Prophesy is a verb. When you prophesy something, you are putting forth a prophecy, which is a noun, so it really should be spelled 'Prophecy of Pendor'.

HarryB said:
"Hmm, they do sell "Prophecy of Pendor", for the price of 5 $. I wonder if they completely remodeled this mod or just changed one letter in the title and now making some lucre on work of the other people. Although I doubt very much that their business is going well."

I'm sure they haven't done anything with it, other than package it for a few morons who are naive enough to buy something they could download for free. They did get one thing right though; they spelled Prophecy correctly. Prophesy is a verb. When you prophesy something, you are putting forth a prophecy, which is a noun, so it really should be spelled 'Prophecy of Pendor'.

No copyright law enforcement in Russia.  There are many of these and they usually get their money by charging for fast download speeds.

Prophesy is correct.. you are creating a Prophesy in playing the game (Verb) by creating an alternate possability as per the Oracle.  Please reference the story.  Matigan had a Prophecy (noun) that a champion would come and unite Pendor. 

Thus, Prophesy of Pendor, the act of creating a future of Pendor by playing, is a referencing a verb, not a noun.   

Regards,

Saxondragon

Faegrin said:
Lol, Russian bastards.
Devs, you should really contact them and sue them for selling YOUR mod.

Trader site looks like some schoolboy tries to cut few money from some dumb suckers. Don't go mad about this, here's russian m'n'b community site:
http://rusmnb.ru/news.php

If anyone in Russia is interested in mod for m'n'b, than he knows this web page. It is first or second in russian searching services for "mount and blade mods". There are all links for all mods to M&B Repository.
For example, their link to PoP:
http://rusmnb.ru/download.php?view.258

Not everyone in Russia is a bastard, but there are few, like everywhere else.

saxondragon said:

No copyright law enforcement in Russia.  There are many of these and they usually get their money by charging for fast download speeds.

Prophesy is correct.. you are creating a Prophesy in playing the game (Verb) by creating an alternate possability as per the Oracle.  Please reference the story.  Matigan had a Prophecy (noun) that a champion would come and unite Pendor. 

Thus, Prophesy of Pendor, the act of creating a future of Pendor by playing, is a referencing a verb, not a noun.   

Regards,

Saxondragon

The thing is, you don't create a prophesy, you prophesy, which creates a prophecy. The future of Pendor is the Prophecy. When you say that you create a prophesy, you can't do that; you can't create a verb because it isn't a thing, you can only take the action 'prophesy' which then creates the prophecy.

The correct way to say it was that Madigan prophesied that a champion would come to unite Pendor. That created the prophecy of a united Pendor.

galactic bum said:
HarryB said:
you can't do that;
Nein! His mod, he can do whatever he wants to do with it dude
:razz:
Besides, what are you, some kind of a grammar nazi?

Anybody can do whatever they want. If I want to, I can run around Times Square naked crapping in my hand and throwing it at people. That doesn't mean it's a good idea. When words are used incorrectly in the title of a game, it looks unprofessional. This has been bugging me for quite awhile, so I thought I would mention it since the Russian Pirates got it right.

HarryB said:
saxondragon said:

Prophesy is correct.. you are creating a Prophesy in playing the game (Verb) by creating an alternate possability as per the Oracle.  Please reference the story.  Madigan had a Prophecy (noun) that a champion would come and unite Pendor. 

Regards,

Saxondragon

The thing is, you don't create a prophesy, you prophesy, which creates a prophecy. The future of Pendor is the Prophecy. When you say that you create a prophesy, you can't do that; you can't create a verb because it isn't a thing, you can only take the action 'prophesy' which then creates the prophecy.

The correct way to say it was that Madigan prophesied that a champion would come to unite Pendor. That created the prophecy of a united Pendor.

What SD meant is this:  Madigan prophesied about a champion coming to save and unite Pendor.  What he prophesied is a prophecy.  The game is not about Madigan's prophecy - Madigan prophesied - ie. v. "to prophesy" - about the Player champion's coming to Pendor.  This question keeps getting raised and is getting boring to answer repeatedly.  It is SD's mod - if he says it takes its name not from a prophecy but from the act of prophesying, ie. v "to prophesy", then that's the way it is.  Obviously, you don't have enough to do if you want to keep nitpicking over this very trivial matter. 

HarryB said:
saxondragon said:

Regards,

Saxondragon

Yes Harry.. you are correct in your intrepreation of the difference of the words. 

Have you read the literature that goes with this entertainment experience?  If  not, please do so.

When you play.. you "Prophesy".. which creates a prophecy.

Yes I am using a verb in the title.
"Fighting in Pendor" instead of "Fights in Pendor".

I am well aware of the difference of the two words, and choose the one that held the closest meaning and intent to the concept that I desired to convey.

In English we do not have eloquent and loquacious terms for abstract concepts, thus we are confined to utilize morsels of prose to illuminate meaning where no direct word applies.  It was my hope that you understood the meaning behind the title as there is not a term that adequatenly conveys the concept of the act of "Creating alternate realities and possabilities in the multiverse". 

Kindest regards,

Saxondragon

banner20 said:
Faegrin said:
Lol, Russian bastards.
Devs, you should really contact them and sue them for selling YOUR mod.

Trader site looks like some schoolboy tries to cut few money from some dumb suckers. Don't go mad about this, here's russian m'n'b community site:
http://rusmnb.ru/news.php

If anyone in Russia is interested in mod for m'n'b, than he knows this web page. It is first or second in russian searching services for "mount and blade mods". There are all links for all mods to M&B Repository.
For example, their link to PoP:
http://rusmnb.ru/download.php?view.258

Not everyone in Russia is a bastard, but there are few, like everywhere else.

I was implying that THOSE guys are russian barstards. Russian, cause they are 100% some russian high school kids and bastards cause they are violating the copyright.
BTW i live in Russia, though i am not russian, so i do know that not everyone is Russia is bastard, drinking vodka all the day and playing on balalaika with polar bears

'Prophesy of Pendor' is like 'Making prophecy about Pendor true' or 'fulfilling prophecy" I suppose.
'prophesy' as an infinitive in title translated literally to polish doesn't sounds good... Noun is way better.

Faegrin said:
BTW i live in Russia, though i am not russian but I try hard to integrate drinking vodka all the day and playing on the balalaika while sitting on a ice floe doing some ice fishing and beeing totally drunk wrestling with polar bears in the nude!

There, fixed it for you :wink:

noosers said:
Faegrin said:
BTW i live in Russia, though i am not russian but I try hard to integrate drinking vodka all the day and playing on the balalaika while sitting on a ice floe doing some ice fishing and beeing totally drunk wrestling with polar bears in the nude!

There, fixed it for you :wink:

)) Though it's a joke, but some part is a truth)

Faegrin said:
)) Though it's a joke, but some part is a truth)

The wrestling with polar bears, no doubt  :grin:

I always thought that with how Prophesy of Pendor has been become such a fantastic mod, there wouldn't be a need for anything else other than it. But now, wow, there will be the launch of yet ANOTHER great project by the PoP team! An ExpansioN!!!!!! ;_; THIS IS SO EPIX!! To think, the story is not OVER just yet! For Pendor! And the eradication of the serpents!!!

Back
Top Bottom