problem with magic

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey, I've encountered a bit of a problem. I've got what I think is high enough mage power, and I have a spellbook, but none of the mages guilds are giving me scrolls to learn. Do I really need to start all over again and choose the mage class, or is this some sort of faction mechanic where even if they sell me spellbooks, they won't sell me scrolls unless I'm more friendly with them?

That's lame, is that a permanent feature going forward? I find it a questionable decision if you can make 90% of your heroes become mages for 16000 total investment each, but can't do so for yourself.

therex55213 said:
That's lame, is that a permanent feature going forward? I find it a questionable decision if you can make 90% of your heroes become mages for 16000 total investment each, but can't do so for yourself.

This was probably done to avoid overpowered characters mastering magic necromancy and cleric spells at the same time

I mean, magic is itself kinda overpowered, chances are if you got some healthy HP, magic defense and magic power, you can take small armies yourself and larger armies with only a few similarly equipped companions, so it seems like something of a futile effort if the objective is to limit player power, even with the negative magic mods from armor.

It doesn't lose me too much time, to restart now, but I feel like this was an inconvenience that didn't really need to happen, and didn't used to happen. Perhaps a function to allow players to change their secondary class post-creation via some sort of guild could be good, if this sort of magic limitation is going to be maintained, so that people can try out different playstyles without having to lose hours of progression.

Back
Top Bottom