prisoners recruited

Users who are viewing this thread

Oskatat

Squire
A quick search turned up 0, so I'm asking

when you have prisoners at a castle or town now, do they automatically slowly get recruited to your military?

I've had some from the updated looter armies get absorbed into a fort, not much of a problem, they become pretty decent, but I don't want faction troops or bandits that I can't improve.

I also didn't see it as a feature. It's nice, in a way, but now I can't stash prisoners I want to sell anymore. It would have been nice if I had known this, but no real harm done. Let's kill bandits, rhodoks, swadians and nords.

(vaegirs are kind of far away, khergit are annoying as H*ll)

doublepost

any clues on how fast the recruiting of prisoners goes? is it random, take lower levels faster, higher levels not at all, etc

I'm asking because now I have a town and I don't sell slaves much anymore, they can become very cheap town guards

This is something that happens 1 time a week I believe. It happens to the AI and the player mistakenly: Actually it can be shut off by the AI settings as they are set to assimilate some of the prisoners.

Computica said:
This is something that happens 1 time a week I believe. It happens to the AI and the player mistakenly: Actually it can be shut off by the AI settings as they are set to assimilate some of the prisoners.

actually, I'm totally in favor. It was crazy, seeing AI with 8 units and 200 prisoners wandering around just asking me to attack them, or attacking a castle/town with 150 sharpshooters because you knew you could crew it with released prisoners. It also means that if I see an enemy with prisoners, I gotta get em now, because in time they'll fight for him.

There's one thing I'd like added. If the released prisoners that you didn't recruit were big enough in number, they turn into either a bandit or bandit hunting party, depending who has the upper hand, bandits or regular troops. That way you could, theorethically, find em later and recruit them

It's a smart Idea and I'm enjoying it, saves some trouble with recruiting bandits, just spread them out and upgrade them as time goes by, then throw them Reavers and thugs at those Casualty counters that are castles. Also cheap town gaurds, though it does mean keeping an active regiment for other prisoners.

i always turn that off, i don't like a 1000 different types of troop

i'm a purist on that field :p only my own faction troops (the prisoners are good for loot and nothing else)

i also always make sure I sell my prisoners to the ransom brokers asap (if you get your relationship with commoners high enough you have one in every castle and town)
because if the empire comes and they take over something I wouldn't want to see their ranks getting resuplied.

Back
Top Bottom