+Previous+ An Open Letter to the Warband Multiplayer Community

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke_Kenneth

Sergeant
Dear Mount & Blade: Warband Community,

As many of you are aware, a team spearheaded by myself, Duke Kenneth, has been working on creating a multiplayer campaign with the goal to provide the definitive Warband experience.  I am pleased to announce that tomorrow we move one step closer to that actualization with the release of the rule-set and the opening of Formal Registration.  An enterprise of this scale will however, not succeed easily, and require effort and the commitment of the community to survive.  It is therefore proper and necessary to explain both our motives and aspirations before asking for volunteers to join us in this endeavor.  So they, as such, follow.

The development and testing team has been drawn from every aspect of the Warband community.  We are comprised of role-players, map builders, modders, leaders and members of competitive clans, and casual players.  What we lack in unity of our backgrounds, we make up for in the singularity of our vision: a way in which all of these diverse facets of Warband can be brought under one roof and allowed to morph into an experience that eclipses any one part.  Put more simply, it is our goal and desire to create a single interface from which tournaments, clan matches, custom maps, and role-play can be managed and given context within the larger community.

Therein is the power behind such an approach: Context.  Clan matches are no longer stand-alone affairs, the results impact your ability to succeed on the campaign map and influence future battles.  Tournaments are no longer just for bragging rights but; instead, they morph into fully-fledged role-play events and the results again impact your character and your clan within the campaign at large.  Relationships between clans, alliances and hostility, produce tangible results.  Map makers are no longer just contributors to the novelty of a server but now are needed to construct the defenses that will play a significant role in the security of their respective clan’s territory.  Truly, the benefits of such a unified and universal approach to Warband are limited only by the collective imagination of the community.

Though such aspirations are obviously ambitious, and the solution necessarily complex, I have every confidence in the soundness of the principle and the feasibility of our proposition.  They only thing that is now required is the support and participation of the Warband community at large.  In that vein, I invite everyone to join me, tomorrow, August 1st, 2011, 7:30pm Pacific Standard Time in the mumble chat detailed below for the release of the rule-set and a discussion and talk-back with some of our developers.  Be it with questions, concerns, or even just curiosity, I hope to see you there.

Let’s ROCK!

Sincerely,
Duke Kenneth,
on behalf of the “Warband: ROCK” Development and Testing Team

----------------------------

Aug. 1st, 2011 -- 7:30pm PST
warbandwk.mumble.com
port 4888

----------------------------

Do you fight shoulder to shoulder with your clanmates in pitched battles against your bitter enemies? Do you rely on the skill and success of your architects to build you an unassailable fortress? Do you role-play yourself into a political alliance against which none can hope to survive? Do you become the popular tournamentmaster, pitting the champions of the other clans against each other for your and other’s own amusement?

This is Calradia as it should be; the choice is yours… Join us in “The Rise of Clans and Kings, A Global Multiplayer Campaign for Mount & Blade: Warband”.

Well said!

Bravo champ!

clap.gif

DoF will be in full support of this.

And if the campaign does get off the ground, I think one of the things that competitive clans will have to be willing to do is not schedule matches besides those that are for the campaign (or at least not as many as most clans do now).  The one thing I have noticed with all the other attempted campaigns is that a lot of clans don't fight the battles because one or both of the clans involved already have matches scheduled and thus cant get a time that works for both clans.

Here is to hoping that Rock turns out as you describe, a "definitive Warband experience" as you put it. Such a campaign would do wonders for this game, though really needs the support of both the competitive and non-competitive communities to become a reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom