POP 3 Cheats - Warning: May spoil or crash your game!

Users who are viewing this thread

Now that would be interesting to see. Having all companions in party, all 21 (are they 21 or more?) of them. With proper training and equipment you can get 6 to be archers, 8 to be infantry and 8 or 6 to be cav. A very small army that can take on the world. :smile: Or make them all cav archers and go Khergit... *cough* D'Shar *cough* on the enemy.

There are 20, including companions new to PoP 3 who replaced some of the PoP V 2.5 companions.  You can't have all 20.  It is coded that way on purpose - neither the Taleworlds Devs nor SD intended that you could have them all.  You can, however, have quite a lot of them if you follow the advice Abyss put in both the FAQs - for PoP 3 Warband and V 1.011.

If you look at the PoP 3 Warband FAQ stickied on the first page, there is a section about companions, how to combine them for an amicable group which also suits your particular style of gameplay - it is the same as the one done by Abyss for the PoP 3, V 1.011 FAQ, also stickied on the first page.

I got max 11 using your guide, pretty nifty. Quick question: let's say I have the 11 number companion group that works, the last one in your guide. What if I recruit a 12th and use him as my Steward? What if I take a 13th and 14th and use them as Lords? What happens?

I can't claim credit for the guide - Abyss, one of our Dev Team members, made the companion guide and the bubble.

If you get them in and out of your party pretty quickly, nothing will happen.  If you keep them very long  - enough to level them up to be effective lords, since you need to up both their levels and their "lord skills" or they won't be very good at recruiting and training troops and putting a lord's army together -  a number of companions will get PO'd and leave.  If they do, you will have to add a bunch of renown before they will spawn again, but if then you have made whoever left's disliked companion a lord, you can re-recruit them, at no cost.  It is better to level up existing companions, then recruit new ones as you make the first levelled up ones lords, but that will reduce your troop's fighting effectiveness as you have to start over levelling up companions that need skills increased.

Sorry, kudos and thanks to Abyss for the companion guide, and to you for posting it in a easy to reach place.

So in any case, if I have my 11 setup and get let's say Sir Allistair, which is not in my setup, and is hated by 2 of the ones I have, and I quickly make him Steward, since currently Steward is Sir Roland, which is an awesome shield fighter and I want him back, will having Sir Allistair as Steward give me any trouble?

If Sir Alistair runs true to character - check out his dialogs to Player and to Alyssa - he will certainly make your feasts most interesting.  Just get him out of the party ASAP, or you will lose Sir Jocelyn (whom Sir Alistair was sent by the Eventide Grand Master to kill or forcibly return to the Order of Eventide for a grisly death) and Sir Roland hates him, too.

Yeah, I hate Sir Allistair. I'm using Sir Rayne for this, I gave him some stats in leadership, inventory, tactics, etc. I just want my Sir Roland back.... he makes my party complete. Happy though that I can get a competent Steward, or Kingdom Helper thingy, Minister, etc, and without loosing any of my current companions.

When I was traveling on the world map, a message popped up in the lower left corner saying "As you travel, something flashes in the grass. You pick it up and see it is a curiously curved dagger of obviously ancient provenance. Your surgery skill has been increased by 1." I'm guessing it's totally random, since I can't think of anything in particular I did to earn it.

It was your lucky day. You didn´t win this years christmas lottery so PoP gave you something else :wink:

There are a few of these things hidden and some of those surprises are more pleasant than others.

There are a dozen or so random events of the sort munkibowl describes in his spolier, which may or may not pop up during the game - it is very random and chances are small.  However, when you do get such an event, you will get an increase in some skill or other.
Before someone asks about it, I don't know how to increase the chance this will happen and I don't know of a cheat to make it happen, so please don't ask.

etomaniak3 said:
The companion relations tweak in the latest version of TweakMB is not active for PoP 3.2 (http://gyazo.com/e548cbf11c6a42f695ae8be92a369191.png )

Any ideas, how to fix it?

PS: Big fan of PoP with something like an year pause. I like to ride(and win)all the game with only the companions by my side. Kind of makes me more precautious with that shield and lance techniques. Without this tweak my army of fine 21 knights looks like just a bunch of arguing firstgrades(

Tweak MB doesn't work because the variable for companion interaction was moved, it was not removed.  If you really want to change it, here it is.
In scripts file, under line "game start -1"  search for variable 1224979098644774913.  It will be proceeded by a "0", change that to a "1".

That should work, but I haven't tested it.  Honestly I don't care for the change, there are tons of companions in this game and kitting them with great armor becomes incredibly time consuming....but I did run Native with all of them and I understand what you want. If it works, or if it doesn't...please PM me so I know.  If it doesn't I will take another crack at it. 

This should disable the trigger for companion to companion dialog and positive and negative moral bonuses.  Fawzia has describe complicated interactions between Jocelyn and Allistar.  I really don't know what would happen there.  I would suggest not grabbing one, even with the hack.

Exin said:
Wow, my simple question sparked almost 2 pages of ranting.

Well, here's my answer why I wanted that: because it was easy to put in, and easy to put out. It was pretty simple for me, and after I got the amount I wished I took it off and the game would go on normally.

While doing that could take out part of the fun of the game, not for me. I like empire building, I like holding and upgrading my fiefs. What I don't like is spending much time to farm things, like qualis gems in game. Its fun for me till I reach a point where I don't feel like attacking every huge spawn army.

Also, thanks hoellenbewohner for the item editor program. Honestly this is the first time I hear of it. As for the other solutions presented in this thread after my question, I have one answer: I have no idea how to modify, program or do anything related remotely to programing. I am a simple user, looking for easy answers. Anything too complicated like modifying how a item works in a game is way beyond me, and learning to do something like that would ruin the pleasure I take from playing this game.

Thanks again mates for the answers :smile:

Honestly...There is a way easier way then doing ALL of this (itemeditor,troop editor,custom scripts etc.) is just hold Shift+~(or maybe it was ctrl+~) in the map menu, and type cheatmenu, then go into camp and go cheat menu and go spawn item, i think its about 876, buy the qualis gem and BAM you have a free qualis gem without the need of 348038403 other things. have fun(if you don't have the money just CTRL+X at item screen). Oh and To shut it off just do it again and instead type nocheatmenu

mythwisper said:
Exin said:
Wow, my simple question sparked almost 2 pages of ranting.

Well, here's my answer why I wanted that: because it was easy to put in, and easy to put out. It was pretty simple for me, and after I got the amount I wished I took it off and the game would go on normally.

While doing that could take out part of the fun of the game, not for me. I like empire building, I like holding and upgrading my fiefs. What I don't like is spending much time to farm things, like qualis gems in game. Its fun for me till I reach a point where I don't feel like attacking every huge spawn army.

Also, thanks hoellenbewohner for the item editor program. Honestly this is the first time I hear of it. As for the other solutions presented in this thread after my question, I have one answer: I have no idea how to modify, program or do anything related remotely to programing. I am a simple user, looking for easy answers. Anything too complicated like modifying how a item works in a game is way beyond me, and learning to do something like that would ruin the pleasure I take from playing this game.

Thanks again mates for the answers :smile:

Honestly...There is a way easier way then doing ALL of this (itemeditor,troop editor,custom scripts etc.) is just hold Shift+~(or maybe it was ctrl+~) in the map menu, and type cheatmenu, then go into camp and go cheat menu and go spawn item, i think its about 876, buy the qualis gem and BAM you have a free qualis gem without the need of 348038403 other things. have fun(if you don't have the money just CTRL+X at item screen). Oh and To shut it off just do it again and instead type nocheatmenu
Alex Dragon said:
But when the cheat menu is on on the camp menu how the hell can u disable it????????????????????????
Helps to read the whole post.

Alex Dragon said:
But when the cheat menu is on on the camp menu how the hell can u disable it????????????????????????

Ill be even more specific for the slow ones..
1. Press ctrl+~(or Shift+~)
2. type cheatmenu
3. open up camp menu
4. select cheat menu
5. select find item
6. move to next till you hit 875 or around there
7. find the qualis gem
8. buy it
9. close
10. ..buy it again for lulz
11. close camp menu and press CTRL+~(or shift+~ cant remeber which one it was)
12. type nocheatmenu
13. close and go find that guy who gives you a map or buy noldor troops or w/e you do with them >_>

Just wanted to note you can use that cheatmenu for ALOT of things like making lords give you money,finding items,and even travelling over water with boats, you can also use it to increase your renown and honor but your honor wont go above 100.

mythwisper said:
Alex Dragon said:

Ill be even more specific for the slow ones..
1. Press ctrl+~(or Shift+~)
2. type cheatmenu
3. open up camp menu
4. select cheat menu
5. select find item
6. move to next till you hit 875 or around there
7. find the qualis gem
8. buy it
9. close
10. ..buy it again for lulz
11. close camp menu and press CTRL+~(or shift+~ cant remeber which one it was)
12. type nocheatmenu
13. close and go find that guy who gives you a map or buy noldor troops or w/e you do with them >_>
Not sure if this is fixed in the 3.205 patch but cheatmenu doesn't work for me.

Back
Top Bottom