Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Doofus

Sergeant
Seriously? I should pay them over 600 per day for peace? They are getting stomped on. I've killed more than 5 times as many of them as they have of mine. I have almost 4 times as many troops. I have more prisoners. I've taken their only settlement. The only thing they are leading on is raids and thats because they don't have anything to raid (plus I personally don't do raids as I feel picking on weak villagers just shows you are an ass.) You need to rework the tribute for peace calculations.

1.5.7 the same. NE lost 2 last castles and living in the igloos, all their armies defeated, half of warlords are in prison and they want 110 per day.

Still in 1.5.8. I took all their settlements, strenght is 500-2000, I have more than 10 prisoners and it will still costs me about 600-1000 for peace. I've got this on two seperate wars and kingdoms now. This way I can't play they game without cheating peace. This really is a mood breaker

Khuzaits at war with Aserai (and seemingly getting beat), I decide to take the rest of the Khuzait territory in my area (Northeast). I take 4 castles, and 3 cities, with no successful raiding on my territory. Completely wreck their only major army in my area, locked up captured Lords. Attempt to sue for peace, and they demand 670d in tribute to let them live???????? Ummm no. So now, it seems the only recourse is to attack until you capture everything, then execute their Lords.

Same for 1.59 the game pays too much empahsis on raids and that the other kingdome "think they" can capture atleast 1 holding of yours.
While even the garrisons in your weakest castle + the milita will defend itself vs what they can muster.

Imo the formula need to add in how many of their lords is in prison(tbh this should perhaps be an auto-trigger for peace, where they pay you tribute or nothing at the very least).

Those defeated lords will act like pestlords until about 1000-2000 days ingame, thats when they start to defect by themselves(as they run out of money from what I gathered by my playing, and some info from the devs about the lack of defections)(you can however start recruiting them much earlier if you got the denars to do so though).

But yah atm the formula for desiring peace is way to low, there is barley any peace in those 1000+ games I've played.
Typically the only time you get peace with a faction, is when another declares war, and if your faction thinks its strong enough it will be at war with 2-3 and still have 0% intrest in peace, even if they are loosing castle after castle, then recapturing it into infinitum - this Hawaii-wave of war isnt "fun imo" need to turn up the desire for peace abit more, loss of life should have much higher impact on the kingdomes, as in when you recruit soldiers the same amount of ppl should be depleted from prosperity soon enough there wouldnt be enough ppl to recruit).
(I havent played with mods, but they take into much more advanced stuff like this).

Hello, i have been informed that this is actually the intended design. The less the enemy have to lose, the more they will be aggressive towards the kingdom and demand money for peace since they have no lands of their own to protect anymore. You pay that tribute to keep your lands and settlements safe from them.

Hello, i have been informed that this is actually the intended design. The less the enemy have to lose, the more they will be aggressive towards the kingdom and demand money for peace since they have no lands of their own to protect anymore. You pay that tribute to keep your lands and settlements safe from them.
I get that, but then its abit "poor design".
I dont think it account enough for amount of lords imprisoned.

Not a "fun mechanics" but a frustrating one.

Which also leads to my other post about lack of defections, as long as they can keep on raid - they will keep on earning enough, to not decline financially - which means they get stuck being pestlords.

You need to up the minimum amount of troops in a party needed to raid villages to be 50 or so like it was in Warband.
*remove ability to recruit from hostile villages
*remove ability to enter hostile towns(we the player cant the ai can.)
The entry is really bad, as they just raided the villages connected to the town, and are now selling of the spoils.

This sort of brings back some of my earlier posts where basically the game designers are trying to say the best way to win is become a homicidal maniac and execute every lord who would hold a grudge...which is all of them. I try to play games as the good guy trying to unite the world rather than just playing as a killer who kills because he likes it. You could at least make it so the prison could hold prisoners permanently. I can live with sentencing them to life in prison, but I'm not a homicidal killer. Having your prisons hold people 10 days or less is stupid, especially when the alternative is executing them.

Back
Top Bottom