Poll: Scythians

Should the scythian faction be removed for the next version, considering they didn't have an importa

• Yes

Votes: 44 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 22 33.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I really like the Scythians and the work you have done with them.  They're immersive, diverse, and really rough and tumble.

Unfortunately, I do agree that they detract from Hoplite combat substantially which is the real heart of this mod (since no other offers it).  I would like to see them in the next release as raiders and bandits and maybe an event at some point where there's actually a Scythian incursion against Thrace or somewhere.

If there was an option to keep them but tone them down I would have picked that option. Having them in has their pro's and con's... having them out also. I like the idea of another map force to fight (bandit style). I chose to boot them in favor of that but who will replace them?

Making them raiders would remove the nasty problem of getting around the fact that M&B needs to give them towns and castles.

My recommendation: Remove Scythian faction, feature them as fairly recruitable in Thracian territory and to a lesser extent elsewhere (mainly athens I suppose), and sprinkle them in the Thracian ranks.

I repeat. I really don't care about historical accuracy when playing a game (or seeing a movie). Scythians has given me lots of fun in this game, then there is no reason remove the faction.

Matheus said:
I repeat. I really don't care about historical accuracy when playing a game (or seeing a movie). Scythians has given me lots of fun in this game, then there is no reason remove the faction.

hmm, yeah, that might be. But we do.

noobyking said:
why take them out at least it makes the game hard.

because they didn't play a major role in the PW. They weren't a faction.

don't take them out, at least they are an interrestin addition to the existing forces, maybe you can consider making them not that bad-ass as they are now, or even replacing them with another interresting country/faction.

I'd say remove the faction, and consider making their high-power low-weight über-glam super-armor loot-only. Sadly, although the bright happy colors of M&B fashion entertain me to no end, the powergamer in me would like other paths to an optimal armor loadout than dressing up like a Scythian Liberace.

The only person who should be able to get away with wearing that much gold chain is Mr. T. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom