Polish storyline: How do I get a new city?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kexin

Recruit
I made a poor choice when I took over my first town since it's a piss poor castle with only 900 income. I tried to leave the faction so I can rejoin and capture a different one but that option no longer exist. How do I go about getting a new town now? Everything I take King Jan would give it someone else.

i dont know exactly by how much,but you need to raise your standing with the faction, alltho raising standing with the king personally might also help (im guessing)

meanwhile try developing the town etc, appoint people... the town will improve

To increase the income from your castle you need to speak with the mayor and appoint a merchant, priest, watchman, etc. Each of these will give an additional income of around 400$. Also, as long as your castle is not under siege, the prosperity will increase over time. A castle at his highest status gives around 3990$, which is lower than a town (which gives around 7000-15000) but its still enough to pay for garrison and get a profit.
As for obtaining another fief, the chance of the king assigning one to you is around 20% + 1% for every 5 points of renown + 0.5% for every 25 reputation with the king - 10% for each additional fief you own. The best you can do is keep capturing cities on your own (you're not eligible for receiving a fief if another lord captured it or if you just joined a siege started by someone else) )and defeating strong lords, you will eventually get another one.
Also, if you cant leave poland try advancing the storyline a little. Kassimir eventually gives you the choice to leave service and join the khans later on.

My castle gives me much less money than every of my two villages. It is like ~500 thalers, and the cost of all commanders and improvement guys (merchant and the like) is like ~3600 (I wish I could fire some of them, but can't), so I actually lose on my castle. However, my villages give me much more - the rich one gives something in 7000-8000 range. All this is significantly less than I can make by trading powder and beef though.

Note than you may anticipate when the king decides to give/refuse you a thief, and save some time earlier, and reload.

First of all you need a very good relationship with the king.

I got a village when Kasimir invited me. Soon Sweden captured Warsaw. I had ~90 relationship with him. When we reconquered Warsaw he gave it to me. Then i began swedens destruction nya, nya, nya, nyaaa, nya, but that's another story  :smile:

well i dont know but since i cant take my taxes personel i dont get somme nice profit.-
Now i get 2550 for my town.
and 4000 for my village.
Normal i get like 25500 talers for my village.
And 30000 for my town.
SO that kinda stupid lol

Kexin said:
I made a poor choice when I took over my first town since it's a piss poor castle with only 900 income. I tried to leave the faction so I can rejoin and capture a different one but that option no longer exist. How do I go about getting a new town now? Everything I take King Jan would give it someone else.

The best way, in the Polish storyline, is to become king.  Any town you seize you can give to yourself.

Back
Top Bottom