Polish nationalism

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time when I play in the Deluge,
then always have the Polish nationalists, who don't like Russians and Cossacks,
they can free offends me for my Russian-Cossacks blood!!!
The Poles themselves put themselves in a bad light forcing to think about themselves and their compatriots are very bad. they behave as if out of the caves or living in the 17th century. how comes russians, all just immediately begin to with insults. I've been thinking about it and decided to write on the board. if anything, I did screen shots with insults. I hope the administration of this section will understand me. will listen and will not be like the habits of the same nationalist and stupid people who are blind.

I did not understand 75% of your post, however, I know what tou are talking about, and this is nothing new; this topic was discussed thousands of times, and I really don't get why people keep making new threads about that. As a member of administration, I can just repeat what was said infinite number of times: guys like this will be punished like any other rude players. EOT.

I'd like to point out, that claiming that just Poles are nationalists(what in definition is not a bad thing...) is rather harmful and very hypocritical. Do you think, that Russians do not insult Poles? That people from other countries do not do it? It's not just Poles who offend other people, ok?

Well, since this game is mainly baised on Poland I guess they got a bit more nationalism.

BUT! I'm Swede so I get to offend everyone as a Swedish man's duty :grin:.

JK

KuroiNekouPL said:
I'd like to point out, that claiming that just Poles are nationalists(what in definition is not a bad thing...) is rather harmful and very hypocritical. Do you think, that Russians do not insult Poles? That people from other countries do not do it? It's not just Poles who offend other people, ok?

I've encountered racism several times on this game before, all was from the Polish side. Though I agree with your post, every other nation, Lithuanians included, are no exception when it comes to being racist.

I do not see the problem. For a while I replaced the clan leader Kozak (Russian clan), and in our team had a few Poles and at least one of them was a Polish nationalist. Also, in our clan were Russian nationalists.
We had a very interesting talk and we had no problems in communicating with the exception of the language barrier - not everyone in our clan knew English.
For all the time that I played in the DLG, there has been only a few minor incidents of abuse to me and as I recall, it was not due to the fact that I am Russian. In any case, even if the situation has changed for the worse, it makes no difference to me and even more so, I would not make those topic on the forum. I just laugh at those idiots who try to insult people on the Internet.

By the way, hatred of other nations in general is not a sign of nationalism, it is just chauvinism.

I used the google translator, sorry for the mistakes and omissions.

KuroiNekouPL said:

That is not the point though, the question is whether it is right or wrong. Just because russians do it to does not make the actions of the polish players right. I experienced over-nationalism by Russians, Poles, Ukrainians (and Im ukrainian), Turks, and so forth. I dont care who did the insults, what matters is that they did the insults. And that the insults need to stop. A priority check is in order here, not just for you KuroiNekouPL, but for anyone else blowing this off, just because everyone else commits the "crime" doesn't give the ok to just simply forget and walk away from misbehavior from abusive people. As you said yourself (although in a different way), "crime" and "prejudice" does not include itself to only one people, it is found everywhere and with everyone. But exactly under the same logic it is important to realize that any form of prejudice, discrimination, and abuse from anyone must be addressed. Period.

finally, remember that if just because you have not experienced what another claims he has experienced does not mean that his experience is false or that he is overreacting.

I'm aware of fact, that a lot of people have bad habit of hatin others for their nationality, but at all times I'm online on servers, I warn the ones who insult others. No matter who is insulting and who is the target.
With that previous post I just wanted to point out that it's not just Poles fault.

KuroiNekouPL said:
rudm said:
Блять, какой невыносимый идиотизм.
I can totally understand you, your English is so good, that reading this post was a great pleasure. Tell me more. :roll:

He basically said "F-ck, what intolerable idiocy" in regards to the OP's post, probably due to his atrocious grammar/spelling and the extremely childish nature of his complaint. I agree with rudm.

Illusive Man said:
KuroiNekouPL said:

I've encountered racism several times on this game before, all was from the Polish side. Though I agree with your post, every other nation, Lithuanians included, are no exception when it comes to being racist.
Racism = Hate towards someone's etnic background.
Nationalism = Love towards the individual's fatherland.

I for one am Dutch Nationalist, and I hate it being labeled as a Racist over and over again.
I'm getting sick of it.
If you dislike a country, it is not racism.
I for one greatly dislike French, but that does not make me a racist, because French are no race.

If these Poles are indeed Nationalist, let them be.
It is not forbidden to praise your country, even though it's in a game.

Nationalism itself is not a problem, but generalizing a heterogenic group is a common fault. In consequence you should not generalise people, who have the same nationality like you, as well as people, who have a different one. It appears to be a sign of a rather limited mind to distinguish people simply by their nationality. A nation itself is an artificial, mental construction that is not directly related to the association of persons it is supposed to represent, simply because the vast majority of people is randomly born into a nation and has not autonomously chosen to be part of it. More significant distinctive features of different people are for instance mentality, religion and culture in general. Languages have an intermediate position.
Regarding the moral aspect of this discussion, I agree with kosakyespana, that rules are rules. For judging if somebody has broken a rule, only his personal actions are decisive. The importance of a rule is not affected by the number of people, who disregard them. At the utmost this may lead to a rethinking of its importance in general though.
However, Jan Arie, you are right, that racism has little to do with nationalism, since dividing humanity into different races and creating a hierarchy is another mindset. And you are also right, that French is not a race but a language. Maybe you dislike it, because it can be quite difficult to learn. But if you actually do not mean the language but the people, that is to say the French, you do not appear to be a mere nationalist. Referring to, what Styrkarr said, you would be showing chauvinistic traits by disfavouring French people as a whole then.

Hospes fori said:
But if you actually do not mean the language but the people, that is to say the French, you do not appear to be a mere nationalist. Referring to, what Styrkarr said, you would be showing chauvinistic traits by disfavouring French people as a whole then.
Well, if you would like to hear a few of the reasons why I disfavour the French so much, I'd be happy to explain.
See, after the Napoleonic war, Holland and Belgium finally united as one country.
However, in 1830, Belgium revolted, and it came out that Walloons were the culprit of boiling the fire.
And Walloons are people in Belgium, who speak French.
Also, I think French are mighty sore when it comes to hospitallity.

you do not appear to be a mere nationalist
Thank you, I've been an active nationalist for over nearly 6 years, and active member and recently moderator on my forum.  :wink:

Why people dislike inhabitants of a certain country, solely because they were born in said country, is beyond me. Such generalizations are not only blatant displays of close mindedness, they offer good proof of pure ignorance and flat-out stupidity as well.

Jan Arie said:
However, in 1830, Belgium revolted, and it came out that Walloons were the culprit of boiling the fire.
And who taught you that, Geert Wilders? I suggest you pick up a decent political history of Belgium. In short, just about everyone was opposed against Willem's autocratic government, with the primary sources of opposition being the middle and upper landed gentry, the nobility and the middle class. Few as they were, the only Belgians avant-la-lettre who didn't oppose Dutch rule were the industrial elite (because of major economic concessions) and some Dutch speaking academic and literary elite, most of whom were based in Ghent(and carried on the torch of the Orangist-movement for some ten years or so, until they dissolved into the greater liberal movement).

In any case, if the Belgian revolution of 1830 is one of your reasons for hating the French, you'd better find a better reason because that one's all but absurd. And please don't teach our friends any more of your fantasized, right-wing histories. I thank you kindly.

/end rant

Orchid said:
Why people dislike inhabitants of a certain country, solely because they were born in said country, is beyond me. Such generalizations are not only blatant displays of close mindedness, they offer good proof of pure ignorance and flat-out stupidity as well.
Orchid, I am pleased to see, that somebody shares my point of view in this regard.

Jan Arie said:
Well, if you would like to hear a few of the reasons why I disfavour the French so much, I'd be happy to explain.
See, after the Napoleonic war, Holland and Belgium finally united as one country.
And Walloons are people in Belgium, who speak French.
Even within nationalism to dislike Walloons is not a logical reason for disliking the French as well, because Walloons do not have the French nationality but the Belgian. Speaking the same language does not make them the same nation. To dislike the Walloons, because of the history of most of their ancestors does not make sense likewise. The events you mentioned took place about six generations ago, which means that nobody of the Walloons living today can be made responsible for something, that happened roughly 180 years ago. As Orchid explained, your interpretation of these events has deficiencies anyway. In any case by disliking the Walloons as a whole you are committing the already mentioned fault of generalising a heterogenic group. Your statement does only justify the disdain of a specific political or ideological group within the Walloonian people.

Jan Arie said:
Also, I think French are mighty sore when it comes to hospitallity.
Bad experiences you perhaps made with the hospitality of some French are equally no valid argument to disfavour all French. Being French is not a sufficient condition to be an insufficient host. However the hospitality, which is offered to somebody, is always depending on his own behaviour, which easily can show a deficit, for instance if somebody displays chauvinistic traits.

Jan Arie said:
you do not appear to be a mere nationalist
Thank you, I've been an active nationalist for over nearly 6 years, and active member and recently moderator on my forum.  :wink:
Honestly I do not quite understand this response. To assess somebody as a nationalist or not is initially a neutral judgement. Thus you do not have to thank me for a compliment, I have never made. I simply wanted to point out, that your self-designation as nationalist appears to be not quite true, since your disdain of the French is classifying you at least partially as chauvinist.
However I am anxious to know, what you mean by being an active nationalist, since nationalism itself is just a mindset and does not necessarily entail a specific behaviour. Or does being an active nationalist entail in simply being a moderator on your forum for you?

On a side not: You do not have to make a new paragraph after each sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom