PM discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Seff

Cool Hand Luke
Duke
Damon said:
Graylord
So tell me, my friend, what's the difference between what you called "personal message" and private message? A few letters? Then ftw are you talking about?=)
Anyway this is kinda off-topic so let's close this subject.
Like Merentha said, being able to ban people for begging for serial keys is really nice. Admins can't read a PM unless it was reported by one of the two, so it'll only be read if someone's actually feeling harassed.

If someone is breaking the forum rules, it does not matter how many people see it. If I continually sent you disturbing pictures of me touching myself, would you say that I shouldn't be banned because only you saw what I was doing?

Why don't just tell to **** off ppl who are begging for serials via PM? They're violating rights because they wanna get the game for free? Since when wishing anything is infringement? When someone offers crack or that kind of **** to anyone on forum or via PM - it's another story.

Magorian Aximand said:
If I continually sent you disturbing pictures of me touching myself, would you say that I shouldn't be banned because only you saw what I was doing?
You couldn't. I'll put you to ignore list after your first PM=)

Actually, the man does have a point there.
icon_confused.gif

However, if someone is violating rules via PM, I would suggest that the admins be able to see it.  Therefore, I would suggest using email for anything really personal. 

Damon said:
Graylord
So tell me, my friend, what's the difference between what you called "personal message" and private message? A few letters? Then ftw are you talking about?=)

The word personal and the word private has two different meanings.
Ftw indeed.

Graylord said:
Damon said:
Graylord
And does it matter for things we're discussing here? So you telling that personal message is not equal to private message on this forum? Kk, great, Big Brother ftw.

Ftw indeed.
Damn typos. :lol:

Damon said:
Graylord said:
Damon said:
Graylord
And does it matter for things we're discussing here? So you telling that personal message is not equal to private message on this forum? Kk, great, Big Brother ftw.

Ftw indeed.
Damn typos. :lol:
Of course personal doesn't equal private on this forum, otherwise it would have been called private.
If you want private, email them.

Damon said:
Magorian Aximand said:
If I continually sent you disturbing pictures of me touching myself, would you say that I shouldn't be banned because only you saw what I was doing?
You couldn't. I'll put you to ignore list after your first PM=)
That does not mean such a person should not be banned. As he already has messaged you once in that manner, and nothing is stopping him from doing to others.
Also, it is only visible to admins; if you report it. Which means you want them to see it.

Like people already explained, admins can only access PM's when one of the participants reports it, usually due to harassment or otherwise dubious content. We don't go around reading them for ****s and giggles, although if I could, I'd totally scour them for dirt on you all.

Summing up: PM on TaleWorlds forum stays 'private' until someone report it to admins. Then it becomes 'personal' and could be used as cause for punishing... Clear enough I'd say.

...Er, what?
Someone actually complained about that?
What, does someone think the admins are just going to ban someone without seeing what's going on? lol

Graylord said:
That does not mean such a person should not be banned. As he already has messaged you once in that manner, and nothing is stopping him from doing to others.
Also, it is only visible to admins; if you report it. Which means you want them to see it.

This part Damon. Just because you can ignore it doesn't mean it shouldn't have happened.

As for asking for serial keys, it is expressly against the forum rules. Whether you think it matters or not doesn't matter at all. People need to follow the rules they agreed to when they made their account. Period.

DameGreyWulf said:
...Er, what?
Someone actually complained about that?
What, does someone think the admins are just going to ban someone without seeing what's going on? lol
Wait a moment now, I've read the discussion.

Yes of course you can ban people for things that happen on the forum. Just because it's a different section doesn't mean it's not part of the forum. It's still under their (the admins') roof, so it falls under their rules. It's no different than if you deliberately broke your Xbox, in your room, your parents would still punish you. It may be your room, but its not your house.

You report people for doing things against the rules, regardless of where it is. "Ignore," as pointed out, does not prevent the person from breaking rules elsewhere (ie: harassing others), nor does it punish them for harassing people as they should be punished.

Also, asking for serial keys is illegal, too, so the admins are not only enforcing the rules, they're enforcing the laws. Your parents would punish you if you did crack in your room, wouldn't they?

I have no time for discussing such things. I just wanted to find out how things works here, I've done it. I didn't mean to overpersuade somebody or anything else. And btw
DameGreyWulf said:
Also, asking for serial keys is illegal, too, so the admins are not only enforcing the rules, they're enforcing the laws. Your parents would punish you if you did crack in your room, wouldn't they?
Wishing to do crack in my room (and telling everybody about) and doing it actually isn't equal, eh? :mrgreen:
Ah, no matter. You can proceed with your post-count increasing=)

Back
Top Bottom