SP - Player, NPCs & Troops please allow us to create custom units

Users who are viewing this thread

cptRogue445

Regular
@Dejan
I think I'll speak for most console owners now. Please add creating your own soldiers. When you start a kingdom, it would be nice to be able to create your own unit tree as well. I know PC players have this option, but this is a mod. Which, as we know, is not possible to have, for example, on xbox. Please at least consider it. Thank you very much

This should be in the base game. Indeed. Maybe with some deeper mechanics like a fix Budget you can spent on equipment for your soldiers and to raise that Budget for better units you need either invest money in your settlement (f.e. special building like barracks or smithy) or invest directly your own money into it.

This should be in the base game. Indeed. Maybe with some deeper mechanics like a fix Budget you can spent on equipment for your soldiers and to raise that Budget for better units you need either invest money in your settlement (f.e. special building like barracks or smithy) or invest directly your own money into it.
I agree with you mate. It's probably the only thing that I personally really miss in the game. I love this game series. If there was this possibility, it would be a masterpiece for me. I just hope the devs read this and give it at least minimal weight and think about it.

This was definitely my favorite addition to the Perisno mod I played a lot of in Warband :mrgreen:
Customizable troops, especially with customizable naming, is amazingly fun.

Maybe making a full fledged troop tree would be too OP, as it would encourage minmaxing and render all the normal units obsolete.
But I would love if you could create your own 3 tiers troop tree like most of the minor factions have.

You should have to unlock the ability first by obtaining a fief (regardless if you made your own kingdom or joined a different one). Then you could recruit the first tier of your custom unit from the villages around your fiefs, alongside the standard troops of the kingdom.
The gear and stats of each tier of your unit can be customized on a point budget. Better gear and higher stats cost more points. The more points you spend, the more money the unit will cost to upgrade and demand per day, so you can't just give them a complete set of the best armor, the best horse and the best weapon. Tier one is limited to peasant weaponary and light armor and a low point cap, Tier 2 gets access medium armor and martial weapons and a medium point cap, Tier 3 can get any equipment from the game and no point cap (but the points will still affect cost so you can't give them the best of everything or they will drain your finances).
But because you can only make a linear troop tree, you can't 100% rely on only your own troops and still need to recruit others. Eg. if you make custom cavalery, you will still need other units for infantry and archers.

Please make this happen, TaleWorlds!

Back
Top Bottom