Votes: 4 16.7%
  • It would be great but it is impossible

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • It would be horrible

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi folks,

first stuff i want to say is that i love this mod.

Well i've to suggest this crazy idea to make Red Wars online as Persistent World and i think it would be great. This mod use different mechanics, but the battle's are very similar to the one you can see into Persistent Frontier despite the fact you can find also submachine guns and maybe grenades here.
The feeling of the game hovewer is totally different , the propaganda ,  weapons ,  factions
and of course the locations...Think just a moment a map where you can have those 6 factions, with snow , with a town and some military base. Basically the most of the work would be make the map and also find a PW scripter, but the port would be a success and you can have something total different from PW with the same mechanics.

That would bring a big wave of innovation on pw games and i think it would be a success.

I want just to know what people think about this idea, i don't want developer make something they don't want to do! And still thank to all developer for this amazing mod.

ps:razz:lease leave also your opinion as comment to explain why you think yes or no

The following is my personal opinion.

PW mods are bloody awful, from my experience it's just scumbags playing as unclothed women rdming the crap out of people, or hit and run fests with horses. Also, based on my experiences with Roma oritur and pf, it is mostly run by admins with their heads so far up their ass they sneeze feces.

That being said, red wars is set in a world run by mostly autocratic empires, a frontier theme would feel wrong and out of place with the games atmosphere. A frontier explorer theme always emerges from PW mods, and I don't think it's something that really meshes with red wars.

I could see large two way sieges between bases like the siege game mode in NW, but that's it.

Assuming the gameplay is planned out, we do not have near enough expertise to even attempt that.

ScreamingCommie said:
The following is my personal opinion.

PW mods are bloody awful, from my experience it's just scumbags playing as unclothed women rdming the crap out of people, or hit and run fests with horses. Also, based on my experiences with Roma oritur and pf, it is mostly run by admins with their heads so far up their ass they sneeze feces.

That being said, red wars is set in a world run by mostly autocratic empires, a frontier theme would feel wrong and out of place with the games atmosphere. A frontier explorer theme always emerges from PW mods, and I don't think it's something that really meshes with red wars.

I could see large two way sieges between bases like the siege game mode in NW, but that's it.

Assuming the gameplay is planned out, we do not have near enough expertise to even attempt that.

Well, i've played PF - i don't know well PW- for long time and i can assure you that there are not so many trolls (of course they always exist but they are few) and  i've found a good number of admin that were serious but i was not always so lucky.
I think the frontier theme could not for sure stick well with a RW peristent. For example to craft a rifle/musket  we shall have a factory instead of a smith and othe items like that shall be "crafted" into a factory line. That can work like smith inside others persistent pressing F with the right sources.

This was only a suggestion and of course if you have other plans and you don't like the idea i won't press anymore.

Back
Top Bottom