Permanent wound system still affects you, even if you just surrender!

Users who are viewing this thread

That's right, it's in the game.

Recently, I got trapped by the entire Swadian army while traveling alone. (I wasn't looking where I was going)

I had a 0 % chance of victory, so I just outright surrendered.

Guess what happens? I get a -1 to my strength stat, even though I didn't fight!

The permanent wound system shouldn't affect you if you surrender.

I'm not sure about that: the more you surrendered, the weaker you would probably feel, physiologically. Makes sense to me.

"You suffer a major wound to your arm during the battle, you lose 1 point of strength"

That's approximately what the dialogue is.

Thing is - I didn't fight, and there was no battle!

Maybe you tried to escape and they caught and then you fought against a swadian peasent and he kicked your ass?!
So the only problem here is you being a wimp!! :lol: (joking)

Fei Dao said:
"You suffer a major wound to your arm during the battle, you lose 1 point of strength"

That's approximately what the dialogue is.

Thing is - I didn't fight, and there was no battle!

You could overlook the dialogue and just assume that you were emotionally affected by the surrender.  :roll:

I agree that it doesn't make much sense, but it doesn't seem like a significant problem.

Is the permanent wound thing a mod? I've never gotten any penalties for losing battles in the latest version. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Nope, it's part of the Native game.

It depends on how long you've played the game.

The more time passes in the game, the more your "luck" stat is reduced, increasing your chances of getting wounded after losing.

To check your luck, you have to go to Camp -> Take an Action -> Retire From Adventuring.
It will say "Are you sure you want to retire?"
At the top, you'll see your current luck rating.

If you're think the penalty was unjust (and I would agree), it's pretty trivial to edit your character's strength back up to where it was. But yeah, surrendering shouldn't strip you of hard-earned atribute points.

Ben

shoulda whooped some of their guys anyway then catch them with an army of 10 guys less with one of your own.

Should be easy to mod if it does get changed in a patch. It's part of the 'total defeat' menu.

Happened to me rather early in my current game (lvl 19 at ~190 days played) - I got defeated during  a siege attempt and got the message that I "got hit hard in the head" and lost one INT point. This was rather harsh as losing INT means you lose a skillpoint as well.

An interesting observation here is that I actually lost my helmet in this defeat - and a month later in game after I had build up a new army I went for the same siege again and won - my lost helm was part of the loot, and most of my old army was among the prisoners!

I play at 107% difficulty, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I have also suffered a stat loss as a result of surrender. I was furious, since I went peacefully and they beat the agility out of me anyway.

makes sence to me, you get captured by an army, they tie you up, make you travel long distance's on foot, it's not like there gonna feed you or give you water, so you would lose strengh, intelligence and so on

I'm assuming it's a perminant reduction, not a cap reduction.

Losing points for surrenduring is stupid, though. Now if you were captured for like, weeks, and not fed, then maybe. Or they should at least change the text to "You are taken captive, and your dihonorable foe tortures you, you lose X stat as a result of the beatings."

Back
Top Bottom