Pavise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Rhodoks crossbowmen had Board Shields which seems to be something like pavise, but the problem is, they  were only used in melee
I found this wiki page and in found something interesting, in middle ages (bannerlord is set in the middle ages no¿?) pavise were used as a cover for archers to use while reloading, which makes sense, instead of having a shield as tall as the user which may not even be used (they are mostly used in sieges)
This planning may turn out to be a waste of time if board shields dont exist (pls tell me they do)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavise

Edit: just found this mod for warband as an example https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=117391.0

Xo6vyW.gif
Maybe they can turn around while reloading their crossbows

Shields on the back already reduce incoming projectile damage in Warband, and I think damage reduction was implemented instead of 100% blocking because of an engine limitation. Shields that are passively held (as in, held in the hand but not right-clicking) will fully block projectiles, but I think shields on the back aren't handled in a way that would allow that. Or not, maybe it was just a balance concern. Rhodoks in particular would be a real pain in the ass to fight if their shields fully blocked projectiles, though. They're so large that you'd have to shoot them when they bend over and the shield lifts to show their ass. :lol:

Orion said:
Rhodoks in particular would be a real pain in the ass to fight if their shields fully blocked projectiles, though. They're so large that you'd have to shoot them when they bend over and the shield lifts to show their ass. :lol:
To be honest  i've kept thinking about this before posting the topic, since if it was implemented in Warband it would be too op for the rhodoks, since all their crossbowmen had board shields, they would all deploy them and be immortal- but im sure the recruitment system  changed in bannerlord and all of us dont know if  the factions are over OR under powered, and also not all crossbowmen should carry board shields, for example only the high leveled crossbowmen would do
JuanNieve said:
Xo6vyW.gif
Maybe they can turn around while reloading their crossbows
i remember a couple of warband mods had this crossbow reload animation maybe if the board shields were used like this, it would be great

It's not only about balancing or engine limitations. Imagine that the back of the wearer is really close to the shield, so the tip of the arrow is likely to hit the wearer's back if it manages to get through the board.

FBohler said:
It's not only about balancing or engine limitations. Imagine that the back of the wearer is really close to the shield, so the tip of the arrow is likely to hit the wearer's back if it manages to get through the board.

''Tis but a scratch.

FBohler said:

Mods (maybe even native and mods just give you a message shen it happens) already got this. The tip of an arrow scratching your back is in no way significant enough to justify taking damage over.

Back
Top Bottom