Party Movement and Ambushes

Users who are viewing this thread

arrowandbead

Recruit
So I've been looking through some of the ambush related threads and most of them focus on location for allowing ambushes to take place.
I'm here to suggest that there are (at least) two modes of party movement implemented.
Definites
1. You send out outriders that report back to you (they don't necessarily have to be physical units), but the effect is that you are slower and have greater vision
range. You are harder to ambush.
2. You don't send out the outriders and are therefore much faster, but you could potentially be ambushed and slaughtered.
Possibles
3. Rest camp (healing mode), increases party healing, but you are off guard and vulnerable.
4. Alert camp, still heal faster, but not as fast as rest camp, less vulnerable.
3 Camped waiting to ambush. Immobile obviously, no healing advantage. Troops could get restless and lose moral if you wait too long.

Ambush advantages could include lack of armor for ambushed enemies, troops would not follow commands to make formations as easily, troops would be more likely to break and run, stampeding horses, loss of supplies, reduced ability to retreat (automatically more losses) and you would not have as much time as you usually do before your army and the enemies army collided (maybe only 10 seconds).

I don't dislike the forest/foggy day ambush types, but I think this could be a useful addition to that mechanic.

First post here, be kind.

Back
Top Bottom