Parrot's Minor Modifications - New Map Icons

Users who are viewing this thread

VvRzrhd.png

Let's hope that there will be a couple of things that I'll post to this thread.

Map Icons Add-on
For now we have a couple of new campaign map icons that are more appropriate to the era:

Right now there are only four models, but they replace everything except the cows (which I haven't seen yet) and the caravans. I tried to go for a neutral look for the soldiers, however they were made from the British uniforms.

K3LlTtq.png

The pack also includes different textures for the soldiers, to convert them back to their nice red British uniforms for those that are interested in that. There is also a bonus new battle icon for your enjoyment. Any issues etc, just post them in here in a polite fashion and I'll try and fix them.

Mediafire Download

- Unpack the contents of the rar file into your L'Aigle mod main folder, and replace all when asked

To install any faction colouring for the solider icons:
- Replace the dds files in the 'Textures' folder with those from the folder that contains the ones
  you want. These folders will be unpacked to the L'Aigle mod 'Textures' folder.
ckXQrsw.jpg

*In-game example*

DtR1OH9.jpg

*In-game example with British texturing*

gxyVctK.png

*Battle icon preview*

* Not an OSP mod *
Since these models are based off, and use versions of, Docm's assets they cannot be used outside L'Aigle without his permission.

Looks nice! Will try out tomorrow! But have you checked if the new battle icon isnt too hard to see on the green ground texture? 

Is the model progression ala Viking Conquest something that VC added into the system or did warband have it all along? Because something like that would be very cool for this mod.

Hey, this is pretty cool. Say, I've been lobbying at Docm for a while to include actual Carpathian Highwaymen models - But for now, I bet the guy is knee-deep in fixing bugs. Could you make a map-icon for neutral-hostile vagabonds based on these pictures?
betyar_.jpg

Martos-G%C3%A1bor-2.jpg
Martos-Gabor.jpg
(By the way, they are wearing very loose pants, not skirts.)

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
Is the model progression ala Viking Conquest something that VC added into the system or did warband have it all along? Because something like that would be very cool for this mod.

Warband had it from the original m&b, i think. You can use any script/trigger anywhere to change icons, it's just that native only ever bothered with two for the player and one for lords.

@Parrot

Smashing work mate, i hope Docm will include these into the main mod, instead of it being just a submod  :roll:

I take it 1st and 2nd are icons for bandits ?

As for the cow, it's the same as in native, just steal cattle from a village and you will see, caravans are also as in native.

@SolidXerm

Those would look wicked sick  :shock:

Takeda Shingen said:
I take it 1st and 2nd are icons for bandits ?

The first one if for villagers/civilians, and the second one is for pirates and highwaymen.

As for more diversity in the icons, it would probably be possible through the module system like Jacobhinds said. But as a start these guys should remove the medieval feel of the campaign map for now XD I'll defintaly make some more later as they're quite fun to do.

Takeda Shingen said:
@SolidXerm
Those would look wicked sick  :shock:
They are pretty damn lovely, yes! And I know for sure that they are miles more badass than the downtrodden british sailors who are running around all over Europe right now.

Back
Top Bottom