OSP Kit QoL Open/close helmet

Users who are viewing this thread

Screenshot preview would be okay too, but DAMN, what a good idea! Very nice, it's something I've had in the back of my head for months if not years now. I know I posted about it when Warband was in early beta and now it's here! Thank YOU. :grin:

Now all I need to make is something which makes it actually very useful for players to switch from say, a great helmet, to a mail coif, and woo-hee that'll be fancy.

Hi, I have problem with this script. I'm add him to my mod, but in the game when I press 'q' helmet does not open ;/

This is a my script from module_scripts:
Code:
  #script_initialize_open_close_helmets
   (
   "initialize_open_close_helmets",
   [
    (item_set_slot, "itm_bm_bascinet_1", slot_open_close_helmet, "itm_bm_bascinet_2"),
    (try_for_range, ":itm_1", 0, "itm_items_end"),
         (item_get_slot, ":itm_2", ":itm_1", slot_open_close_helmet),
	 (gt, ":itm_2", 0),
	 (item_set_slot, ":itm_2", slot_open_close_helmet, ":itm_1"),
   (try_end),
   ]),

Well this simply sets up the relationship between the two items by setting their arbitrarily defined slots to one another. You'll need an actual mission template trigger for anything to happen when you press q.

One helmet might even be enough in pre-WB using an exploit: make the original item a "merge" between both modes/versions, with separate parts very close to the "base" model. Depending on the slot value, place tableau banners on the parts where one version would "cover" the other and vice versa. It would probably work but give an error message, though.

EDIT: For Warband, make the model a merge too but only texture the part belonging to both versions. Place the tableau mesh on the part belonging only to the open (or closed) one according to the slot value.

And what current mission_template_trigger could add open_close_helmet,?

Sorry for the question, I'm new in this matter.

And sorry for my bad english, I only speak spanish.

Hernanxd16 said:
And what current mission_template_trigger could add open_close_helmet,?
to any of what you want:
"town_center", "town_fight", "lead_charge", "quick_battle_siege", "quick_battle_battle", "arena_melee_fight", "castle_visit", "castle_attack_walls_ladder", "castle_attack_walls_belfry", etc.
if I do understand your question rightly

Hello everybody  ,please help , what wrong -
this message appears when you press the button without helmet.

in helmet - no message)

and how remove "spam open-close" ?

wtfjkj.jpg

bogmir said:
this message appears when you press the button without helmet.

your question includes your answer. You are trying to use a mechanic for a helmet when you have none. Thus you need to validate your current state and, if no helmet is found, just disable the rest.

Code:
(agent_get_item_slot, ":helmet_1", ":player_agent", ek_head),(gt, ":helmet_1", 0),

Back
Top Bottom