One thing I'm a little sad about

Users who are viewing this thread

I am really, really excited for Bannerlord.  I can't wait to experience the next evolution in the Mount and Blade franchise and am sure that the team is super excited for when their hard work will finally be shared with us.  I'm willing to be patient and wait as I'm sure that the final product will be worth it.

The only thing that is slightly dissapointing to me is that we didn't get the opportunity to see this game from the beginning, with all of its warts, bruises, and missing features like we got to see with Moint and Blade 1.  I remember when we only had one scene, Zendar, and it was just a wide open field with an NPC in it.  Seeing that scene grow to become the game that was Mount and Blade was one of the coolest experiences in my 35ish years of gaming.  Mount and Blade has been the most played game that I have ever owned.

I love that the company has grown so much but do miss the times when the fanbase was understanding enough and the development team was open enough to let us tag along for the ride for a large portion of the way.  I've been here for 12 years now and can't wait to see what the next 12 will bring.

I couldn't agree more.

Taleworld's secrecy over this project compared to how open they were with the original M&B is surprising, not to mention worrying.

Here's hoping they divert from the typical results of a scenario where an indie game takes a long time to complete combined with very little communication from the devs by delivering a game worthy of seven years of development.

Not sure, I was watching some angry joe reviews, and those stick.  I know total war was fixed up sometime afterwards but the initial negative media can really stick.  I keep thinking back to that angry joe review.

Kharille said:
Not sure, I was watching some angry joe reviews, and those stick.  I know total war was fixed up sometime afterwards but the initial negative media can really stick.  I keep thinking back to that angry joe review.

If you are talking Total War Rome I can attest the game was a miserable pile of junk when released and they were VERY slow to fix major game-breaking bugs people were having. They shot themselves in the foot there.

Arcon said:
Kharille said:

If you are talking Total War Rome I can attest the game was a miserable pile of junk when released and they were VERY slow to fix major game-breaking bugs people were having. They shot themselves in the foot there.

Yeah, I couldn't really play Total War Rome 2 without it crashing for I think about 8-10 months after release. That said, the game played pretty well after it was all patched up.

Total War Empire,  on the other hand, I never could play without it crashing. Maybe I should load that up and see if that's still a thing.

As bloated as it was, my favorite Total War game was Total War Mediaeval. Shogun 2 was fun too.

you may not know but this is most serious problem in turkish ındie game makers
they think they can make AAA quality game and wont give up or told anything without completing this task and this takes years

other example is northern shadow wich is never relased but revealed years ago

Yeah, it was Total War Rome 2, Angry joe showed some really funny bugs with music from Dune 82'.  Damned funny and memorable.  I guess if its released too soon, every individual bug will get picked up and included in reviews.  And since years on people like me will watch em, leaves a bad taste.  The video was damned funny.

I loved watching m&b grow even though I got to it a bit later, around the .9ish patches, though I did get the .8 version at first and didn't go to the forums to realize there was a .9 and all the changes, so having played .8 for while and then getting the .9 was really awesome.

I also loved playing in the multiplayer beta because there was a patch every 2 weeks at least that would change how the game felt and played. You never really got a chance to get a great feel for things before they settled in, but I remember that 'weapon inertia' patch doing whatever it did but it just made the game feel so damn good.

Though I think they are doing the right thing for now by waiting till the game is far enough along to still be early access, yet good, thinking the player unknown battlegrounds state of things, where the game isn't done but it's still fun to play and mostly complete. If it is broken or missing stuff it's not obscure enough now to hide from bad press.

I wouldn't prefer that. It would totally wreck them, and honestly, I never knew they did that till this thread.

They were like an Indie company back then, straight up. Now they're like an AA company, and don't need any bad press at all.

Imagine if they did that? They'd have 8 years of people asking:"You have all the content in it seems, why are you holding back the game so much?" They're taking longer than Blizzard to release something, and have the money for it.

Two things I'm a little sad about:
- threads with unhelpful titles
- buggy games - I always wait for the first major patch before playing a game because I want to play, not test games, so I assume crap betas and early access are only for people with too much time on their hands

MadVader said:
- buggy games - I always wait for the first major patch before playing a game because I want to play, not test games, so I assume crap betas and early access are only for people with too much time on their hands

Worlds Adrift was a fun foray into an early access thingamajig. Though I am going to wait for several updates before playing it again.

MadVader said:

Well, you know what they say about assumptions and thank you for contributing nothing to this thread.

Fain said:
MadVader said:

Well, you know what they say about assumptions and thank you for contributing nothing to this thread.

He has a point about the thread title; it's not much better than "OMG!" or "So.....". The point of a thread title is to give some clue as to the thread contents, otherwise we may as well not have a subforum at all, just a single thread for all topics as there was until recently.

I agree with what you said in your opening post though, Fain; I too am nostalgic for that relationship between Taleworlds and the players and wonder what it would have been like to play early versions of Bannerlord and see it evolve. But of course a lot of the reason for them being so open with M&B was they needed our money, as well as our bug catching and feedback to learn how to make the game. When they began Bannerlord they not only had the funds to do it without early access but also more technical prowess and a firm idea of what they wanted the game to be, so they didn't need to involve the playerbase directly. The community is far larger now as well, so involving players early on would make for a very different, less personal and friendly atmosphere I think.

I remember I bought fallout 3 when it came out.  Crashed like nuts.  I bought a game of the year edition and gave my old copy to a friend who complained about the constant crashes.  I guess he never figured out to patch the game.  Ideally I'd buy the finished version with all the dlcs released but I suppose Bannerlord is something I'll get on launch.

Back
Top Bottom