On horse equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

A minor issue with the UI. When checking to outfit my steed, the horse is always in the background and obscured by the player characters. Wouldn't it be better to bring the horse to the front so I could see the visual effect of swapping between different saddles and equipment? I remember something like this being shown off in the dev blogs and footage earlier, but it appears to be missing now.

Also, different saddles could assist in horse handling and speed or trample and charge bonuses, rather then just be an armor buff as it appears to be. This would balance lighter saddles and equipment as light cavalry equipment vs heavy cavalry and charger horse armors.

A minor issue with the UI. When checking to outfit my steed, the horse is always in the background and obscured by the player characters. Wouldn't it be better to bring the horse to the front so I could see the visual effect of swapping between different saddles and equipment? I remember something like this being shown off in the dev blogs and footage earlier, but it appears to be missing now.

This +10.

I bought some new horse armor and the front looked great. The back half was sadly missing however. There should be a button that move the horse to the foreground so you can see it. Just swap the location with the person.

I thought you mean, we could carry an extra item on the horse, which in reality was always done.
More arrows or an extra sword, all the warriors had on the horse.

You can do a preview of any item from the shop list(click on the item bar to open that menu), it just won't show you what it looks like on the horse. Which it should, for whichever horse your currently selected character is riding, if they are riding one.

I am aware for the preview option.
You can do a preview of any item from the shop list(click on the item bar to open that menu), it just won't show you what it looks like on the horse. Which it should, for whichever horse your currently selected character is riding, if they are riding one.

Between kit and the buggy nature of the game, I'd rather have a system rendering of my mount. It'd make problem solving easier anyways.

There are sets of charger armor that are only cover the front of the horse. This makes sense because if the only part of the horse is that is going to be suffering attack is the front, e.g. on the charge, why bother to armor the rear? Drop half the weight, the horse can run twice as long before getting exhausted.

As for adding kit to the horse, yes I would like to put a pair of quivers on the flanks of my steed, but I'm hesitant to ask more. An extra lance would be too much, but extra ammunition spots is in the preview of the dev team. Lost if the horse dies, of course.

Back
Top Bottom