OLD VERSION 0.99 Z Topic

After playing it ALL through, how did U like this last 0.99Z version

• Absolutely wonderful! Awsome Job!

Votes: 60 52.2%
  • Very good. It is much better than previous versions

Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Average. I see that many things were changed and modified.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I didn t see many changes comparing it to v.0.99 T

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I think it is much worse than any previous version!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

-Nation  Thailand 
-Age      17                       
-M&B Wb version 1.153 
-Last 1860s version played  0.99 T 
-how deep U played? -im am playing for two weeks       
-RATE it on 7/10                           
-if POSSIBLE.. (just a suggestion...) support it with a sig and in the thread..                                 
-...ever tried 1755 or 1776? Which version?
-Eventual help/support: (nothing, official thx, Supporting pic, help on modding or Testing, make a video or pics, etc etc)

-Nation                                                              Mexico
-Age                                                                  24
-M&B Wb version 1.153 or 1.157 (Steam?)      1.158 Steam
-Last 1860s version played                              0.97 I think
-how deep U played?                                        Not a lot, just a couple of hours
-RATE it on MODDB                                            I haven't done it yet, but I´ll give it a 8/10
-if POSSIBLE...                                                 
-...ever tried 1755 or 1776?                              1776 I loved it, that's why I'm eager on this one
Eventual help/support:                                    Well I´m actually studing a bachelor's degree in History,            llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllI could help with some historical details if needed.

-Nation: America
-Age    : 20-24
-M&B Wb version: 1.158
-Last 1860s version played : BETA v. 0.99 G
-how deep U played?: Went up to day 200   
-RATE it on MODDB  : Will do                       
-if POSSIBLE.. (just a suggestion...) support it with a sig and in the thread..      Okie!                           
-...ever tried 1755 or 1776? Which version? : Both, I love gun mods

-Nation: Romania
-Age    28                       
-M&B Wb version : 1.158 
-Last 1860s version played : .98
-how deep U played? - some hours, not that many     
-RATE it on MODDB  : will do                                                         
-...ever tried 1755 or 1776? still play 1755 as often as as I can. Never tried 1776
-Eventual help/support: Not that good at modding, but I could provide help in historical research, especially native american culture/weapons/outfits/history. Also, I could provide concept art sketches for above mentioned historical research.

-Nation - USA, Pennsylvania
-Age    - 20 years of age             
-M&B Warband version -1.153
-Last 1860s version played? -0.99M is downloading currently, but I know I would love to see the final product
-how deep U played? -typically create two characters, one to progress normally, and one to cheat and goof around.  All the way though 
-RATE it on MODDB  - I will probably rate 10/10 on MODDB. I have heard great things.                                                 
-...ever tried 1755 or 1776? Which version? - I will be sure to try both
-Eventual help/support: Glad to test if needed, but will continue to download and support you as long as the products keep coming. Will tell friends as well.

-nation-great britian
-age-18
-m&b warband version -1.158 steam
-last 1860 version played -0.81
-how deeped played - weeks months different factions with diferent characters
-rate it on moddb- may do if make account 10 out of 10
-ever tried 1776 1755 - yes just as much as 1860 maybe even more because i like those historical times bit better
-help/support - i have no skills in modding but can look for bugs or glitches

Nation  Macedonia
Age  19
Last 1860s version played  0.99m
how deep u played played the old versions made it all the way ... the new version's just started :smile:
- Rate it on Modb - don it 10/10 ofcourse
-if POSSIBLE...  yes it is possible :smile:
-...ever tried 1755 or 1776?                                  yeah i've tried it but 1860 is in my heart :smile:
-Eventual Help/Support:  ofcourse i've always supported it listed as a beta tester :razz: and will continue to support you     

Edit by GABBY:
HEY STEF!!!  :grin:
...glad to see you around again!
....and counting on a feedback about the new version that I sent to you when U played it for a while!
:wink:     

Nation: Canada (happy you included it in your mod, Gaston's is badass)
M&B Wb version 1.153 or 1.157 (Steam?): Steam and I'm pretty sure I have 1.157.
Last 1860s version played: 0.99M
how deep U played? -Describe how deep U played: I have one character who has over 100 in-game days and I've done expansive playthroughs of the Mexican and French owned places, as well as dabbling with the CSA. The two other characters I've had are a mix between trader and bandit, I've seen quite a few hours (50+) of playtime in this mod but what I enjoy is how I can still usually find some new weapon/place to fight/etc.       
-RATE it on MODDB: Yep.                         
-if POSSIBLE.. (just a suggestion...) support it with a sig and in the thread..: I do not frequent these forums very often so I fear the gesture wouldn't really matter, in fact I solely signed up for this site because I wanted to apply for the mod as it's badass.                               
-...ever tried 1755 or 1776? Which version?: Unfortunately I have not tried your other two mods as they're too in the past for me, if there's firearms usually I don't like solely musket style.
-Eventual help/support: I'll do whatever I can for the mod, just ask. I'm decent at finding bugs within mods, as well.

I've really enjoyed your mod, Gabrilduro. I immediately showed it to my friends hailing it as the funnest Warband mod found thus far.I've always wanted to ask, whenever I start a new game about 3 factions (Western Outlaws, Western Sheriffs or something, Lost Island Creatures and maybe some others) just disappear, and they also do not function in custom battles, is this an attribute of 0.99M or is mine just busted? (Upon reading further, I think you put them in in 0.99G and removed them in 0.99M, that might be the case.)

-Nation                                                                México
-Age                                                                    22
-M&B Wb version 1.153 or 1.157 (Steam?)    1.158. Updated in weekend haha
-Last 1860s version played                              0.99 T 
-how deep U played?                                        "Testing" 1860 T (Méxican faction / also i will try indians of course)
-RATE it on MODDB                                            8  :twisted:
-if POSSIBLE...                                                  ok, ok...I DO support it with a sig and in the thread. Of course  :twisted:
-...ever tried 1755 or 1776?                            1755 of course 1866 was the masterpiece of mods. i where a moddb user since today so... i haven't tryed a lot of things.

Before posting this i've send you a Pm so i just want to say,(that in version 0.99G) there wasn't terrain changes i mean just some snowy places over there and there but in the newest versions i don't know i really like the work you're doing and well the pm says somethings more...

Now this is what i call a Historical mod...  My icy claws just got this mod and i was playing almost 9 hours per day, but i thought you're missing little details about the Mexican History (i don't want to hear like a fanboy) but there where two "mexican bands"  Liberalistas (people who mainly want the civil freedom and opposes to despotism "the mexican empire"). and the Conservators (who mainly want to stablish a mexican empire) that was called "La guerra de reforma". So in this "era" the Liberalistas Mexicanos leaded by Don Benito Juarez García has the mexican government in multiple cities (that you've mainly introduce in the mod :smile: ) but the French where allied with the Conservadores so Benito Juarez have to ally with the United States Of America besides some Mexican bandits.

Change of plans i'm playing with french and i see that the "contraguerrilla" are the mexican conservators, my bad

i think you could add some "terrain lore bandits"  I'm not saying about introducing factions just if you could show them as all we see in the 1866 mod with a lot of gangs and bandit "factions" (Scalphunters, canyon bandits etc.) it'll be nice.

About the mod single player itself i think you've fixed a lot of things (like the anoyying "custom" troop face  :mrgreen: ) it keeps crashing while i'm walking in random places but that only happens when i spend more than 3 hours of play and even with the native itself another thingy is that sometimes it runs really slow, i alt+tab that and some land textures and meshes go black but that fix itself as the battle ends

The terrain overwhelms me because i see the terrain ingame and i see outside and it's so damn hot haha just kiddin', the main north mexican territory is desierto (jaja) and the south is little jungly and i think it's fine how it is.

Ok i'm not judging your awesome mod in anyway, and i know is still a beta.

Damn as i wrote about this mod the feelings of get back to spend hours of play grow :cool:

i was to say about the camera, but i take a look at the fix deep down hehe

I havent wrote beacuse of university but i will be an active mod tester(by my way) and show my discovers in here :idea:

I KNOW ABOUT MY BAD ENGLISH, THANK YOU TROLLS :v

-Nation: United States
-M&B Wb version: 1.158 on Steam
-Last 1860s version played: 0.81
-how deep U played?: It was a while ago but I think that I got into the mod fairly deep.         
-RATE it on MODDB: From what I remember it was a great mod so I'll give it a 10/10                         
-if POSSIBLE.. (just a suggestion...) support it with a sig and in the thread: Sure, I will try to find a sig now.                               
-...ever tried 1755 or 1776? Which version?: I played an old old version of 1776 a while ago, I don't remember which one, but I downloaded v1.5 recently and unfortunately it seems to have issues with M&B Wb v1.158.
-Eventual help/support: I could help with finding bugs and I'm sure that I could find a free program to take some screen shots if you want.

Nation-America

Age- 15

version- 1.158 (No Steam)

Last played- Have not played yet

How deep- have not played, watched some game play

Rate- I would rate it 10/10 just from video

If possible- I tried to put a sig, but i could not figure it out

Other versions- Have not tried the others, but I may do so in the future

Eventual Help- I will say something if I run into trouble and will recomand it to freinds

Thanks for your time and effort to make these Mods

Ok ok ok....vabbuò paisà!

Besides those posts up above (some of them are really nice, some are just really lame...  :neutral: ), I have to say that really TONS and TONS of people wrote PMs to me and...even if I always PRAYED to pleeeease write on my Mods Topics, instead, so that all players can read and know about things...I gotta say most of U were EXTREMELY nice and affectionated about the work done sofar and towards Old Gab!  :wink:

....so........
here IS THE link :wink:
https://mega.co.nz/#!BN5n0YDA!IK1LtBUOyXPxZXsvfQ6ZaDf-lKkNTQZm-Lpd9lgcPoI
(U need to flag: I agree with the MEGA Terms of Service to dwld it )

I decided to put it here and see WHO will find it ....and how many will still ask WHERE it is!
U know those many "Casual Players" that visit most Mods Threads....("hey, where s DWLD Link of last update?!:evil: )

If U see some asking again , just kindly invite them to "have a look " around Topics....and move there butt at least once, not always EXPECTING the Modder to do everything for them, just like a dear Mummy would do... :roll:

NOW...
-stay around
-be active and SUPPORTIVE on the 1860s THREAD
-RATE it on Moddb http://www.moddb.com/mods/1860s-old-america/reviews
-...and post an explosive comment as soon as U played the mod enough, here  :mrgreen:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,227195.msg6761479.html#msg6761479

I expect EXPECIALLY those that posted here, or sent me a PM asking for a link, and even more, THOSE THAT NEVER EVER posted or commented in any way, but just had a lot of fun playng the mod for free...to finally show out and say "Hi" or "thx", you know....

Gab  :wink:

PS....Players that helped me or Supported me a lot...or simple Friends: ever found urself around the Saloons?!  :twisted:
Go and see where I credited also U, adding ur name as aMerchant or else.
PSbis: I WANT INDIAN, FRENCH and MEXICAN Fans of the Mod!
This is NOT just a ACW or a Western Mod. Is MUCH more than that! C'mon!!!  :cool:

nation              italy
age                  31
m&b version              1157 steam
last 1860's olda.v.    0.99m  and i love it :mrgreen:
how deep U played? i play it every day.i buy m&b for play this mod :grin:
RATE it on MODDB      rate it 10/10 
-if POSSIBLE.. (just a suggestion...) -i did                               
-...ever tried 1755 or 1776? Which version? - 1755 but it had some problems
Eventual help/support:                                    my skills are small with game development

-Nation: UK 
-Age    18                         
-M&B Wb version: 1.157 on Steam   
-Last 1860s version played: 0.99m
-how deep U played? - Very Deep I got Mount and Blade and used the 1866 mod for it, loved it but got sick of vertex buffer errors then I bought Warband just for a western mod such as this :smile: 
-RATE it on MODDB - 10/10                         
-if POSSIBLE.. (just a suggestion...) Would if I knew how                         
-...ever tried 1755 or 1776? Never tried these as mentioned played 1866 mainly until i got warband
-Eventual help/support: I can upload screenshots other than that my skills are limited I'm afraid :smile:

-Nation                      Republic of Chile 
-Age                            16                         
-M&B Wb version 1.153 or 1.157 (Steam?)    1.158 and steam
-Last 1860s version played                              tried 0.81 but crashed when I pressed start new game
-how deep U played?                                        wasn't able to play
-RATE it on MODDB                           
-if POSSIBLE.. (just a suggestion...).                               
-...ever tried 1755 or 1776? Which version?                nope
-Eventual help/support:                                              run time error solutions

-Nation                                                                  USA
-Age                                                                      35
-M&B Wb version 1.153 or 1.157 (Steam?)            1.157. Enjoyed the patch! And... STEAM!
-Last 1860s version played                                    First time
-How Deep You played?                                        None
-RATE it on MODDB                                                Done
-if POSSIBLE...                                                        ?
-...ever tried 1755 or 1776?                                  Not yet
-Eventual Help/Support:                                        Can offer assistance

I really love this mod, considering I am from the South, lolz. Its a must have

-Nation                                                                  Slovakia
-Age                                                                      24
-M&B Wb version 1.153 or 1.157 (Steam?)            1.157 steam version
-Last 1860s version played                                    i played all versions of this mod
-How Deep You played?                                        as deep as it allowed me :sad: and with each new version i hope it will work better for me
-RATE it on MODDB                                                YES
-if POSSIBLE...                                                        no idea
-...ever tried 1755 or 1776?                                  yes...both are awesome...Gab´s masterpieces, both working well just this lil bugga lol
-Eventual Help/Support:                                        no experience with moding or stuff

Hope U all are enjoying this last New version and that U had not problems in dowloading and playing it.

Post in the right topic the comments BUT ...be sure to specify WHICH
-Version of M&B WB
-Version of 1860s U are playing

Only LAST VERSIONS of M&B wb (1.153/1.157/1.15:cool: and 1860s (0.99T) will be given assistance.

If U are NOT updating the Game and my Mod, sorry...but is NOT my problem.  :???:

I would really apreciate also a special Review from all those that posted here, and from all new players, about this new version.

U can just update ur previous post, clicking on the Modify button and add ur comments there.  :razz:

Gab

A great new version, I am really enjoying it. Thanks for your hard work. Few questions

I am playing as the Confederates(Yeah Im a Southerner), peace was made between the CSA and the Union and now there are no wars to fight. The whole country is at peace. Will they ever declare war on each other again?

The camera was kinda cool at first but now its getting quit annoying. Can you tell me how to unrestrict it please?

Thanks

Ok...
U added a Supporter pic, even!  :razz:

About USA and CSA, for what I set, they are at PERMANENT WAR!  :eek:
Anyway, to cause a war, just follow same rules in Native.

Here is the solution for adjusting the Map camera to ur own taste:

Go to the Module folder of Mount&Blade Warband -Modules-1860s Old America

Find and open the Module.ini file (is easy, just a text file) and find the part that says
map_max_distance = 17.0

and modify it writing a HIGHER number, like 55 or 100.
Careful, ...or U can get a crash with a wrong value...  :eek:

This is how it looks
module_name = 1860sOldAmerica
compatible_with_warband = 1

num_hints = 150

auto_create_note_indices = 0 #Do not automatically search through all troops/factions/towns to check if they have note text.

map_min_x  = -299.988495
map_max_x  = 335.036469
map_min_y  = -277.396576
map_max_y  = 310.889221
map_sea_direction = -40 #wave foam direction
map_sea_wave_rotation = 300 #This is where the tear artefact is visible on the sea.
map_sea_speed_x = 0.02
map_sea_speed_y = -0.02
map_river_direction = 140
map_river_speed_x = 0.01
map_river_speed_y = -0.01

air_friction_arrow = 0.027
air_friction_bullet = 0.017

# use meshes map_tree_a through map_tree_r on for map trees
map_tree_types = 17
map_snow_tree_types  = 3
map_steppe_tree_types = 5
map_desert_tree_types  = 4