Official 'Ask Questions About Warband Multiplayer Here' Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello all!
Can someone tell me, are there some new maps for the Invasion mode? If yes - where can one download them, if not - how can oe turn some regular TDM map into Invasion map?

Hi me and my son has recently purchased the game in steam summer sale and would like to play together. When i host a game in multiplayer and tell him what the server name is, he can't find it in the server list. He has also tried hosting but i get the same issue, the servers we thought we had created do not show in the running server list.
Any help appreciated

stev0wigan said:
Hi me and my son has recently purchased the game in steam summer sale and would like to play together. When i host a game in multiplayer and tell him what the server name is, he can't find it in the server list. He has also tried hosting but i get the same issue, the servers we thought we had created do not show in the running server list.
Any help appreciated

You need to forward some  ports in router and check "add to main server list" option while creating server.  Tutorial how to host warband server is pinned on this board. If you dont wanna play with such things just join empty server with your friend, plenty of such ones out there.

Viktor 90th said:
Does anybody know how you find your player ID for native?
You need to join checker server. I remember there were one hosted for some tournaments. No idea if its online still. You can join CAMELOT_DM for a second. Tell me how you were named and I will tell you your id.

Ivkolya said:
Hello all!
Can someone tell me, are there some new maps for the Invasion mode? If yes - where can one download them, if not - how can oe turn some regular TDM map into Invasion map?

You can add map to invasion mode via module system editing. Mind that  maps can demand some entry points modyfing for invasion to work  properly.

stev0wigan said:
Any help appreciated

You need to forward some  ports in router and check "add to main server list" option while creating server.  Tutorial how to host warband server is pinned on this board. If you dont wanna play with such things just join empty server with your friend, plenty of such ones out there.
Thank you for your help

I've played a bit of multiplayer but have yet to get very good at the whole feint spam game that majority of players bring to the field, and a couple months ago I discovered that chambering was a thing. I never see people use this on multiplayer and I assume that's because if you mess up it leaves you wide open, but I've been practicing on singleplayer and it seems like a super effective method, especially against multiple opponents. My question is, is this a good skill to master for multiplayer? How effective is it, and why don't many players use it? (I've never been chambered on multiplayer)

VirazolKaine said:
I've played a bit of multiplayer but have yet to get very good at the whole feint spam game that majority of players bring to the field, and a couple months ago I discovered that chambering was a thing. I never see people use this on multiplayer and I assume that's because if you mess up it leaves you wide open, but I've been practicing on singleplayer and it seems like a super effective method, especially against multiple opponents. My question is, is this a good skill to master for multiplayer? How effective is it, and why don't many players use it? (I've never been chambered on multiplayer)

Bot's are predictible while player's are random. Ofcourse its possible to do in multiplayer, but risk of failure is way bigger. I personally wouldn't try this in siege or battle for example. Not worth sitting in spectator  5 minutes.  In dm or duel servers why not. Only thing damaged on failure is your pride.

VirazolKaine said:

Most players don't do it because most players are bad. It's also heavily dependent on ping making an already risky technique that much more hazardous. If your ping is too high it's usually not worth the possibility of giving the enemy a free hit.

I need help.I bought this game 6 days ago and the first 3 days everything was fine i played napoleonic multiplayer and had fun.All of the sudden 3 days ago i saw there are servers on the list and my hero got deleted.So i made my hero again and i set everything on normal(i put internet on that bar in the corner) and the filters i had were:has players,compatible with module(napoleonic wars in this case) and no password.And again no servers.And now its the same story i reinstalled the game and verified the game cache and nothing got better.And every time i leave the game my hero gets deleted.Can somebody help

Hello there Warband communitty.I have a problem.Me and my friend to be exact have a problem.We can't play multyplayer.Every time we connect to a server it's just kicks us automaticly.We just bought the game,after playing the trial version for a very long time,and nothing that we try works.The rege edit fix nope,the rgl config fix nope,nothing.Please if you have any insight into this problem please,helps us.We have a copy of the game on steam and steam support doesn't do anything for us.I created this account in the hopes of getting a answer or a solution.Please,it's one of the best games i have ever played,and i want to play battle time with my friend on the modpack floris.Please.Thank you for your attention.

Back
Top Bottom