NPC Relation Score What Does it Affect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kindly show us the relevant section of code or developer quote?
Just personal experience. At some point someone noted that a friendly relationship was supposed to reduce the chance a lord would raid you, but that it actually removed the chance entirely. That fit my own observation, at the time I also tried, as a vassal of the western empire, to just let time pass through an entire war with Battania. Even despite owning part of Battania, and being the closest possible target, I was totally ignored.

I have however tried being raided in the period between declaring independence and getting a vassal, from someone I believe was a friend, hence he possible caveat.

It may have changed, but my own personal fiefs just never get raided so.. wouldnt know.

All on nexus. The one's i used were . A.I Executioner - A.I Values Life - Battle Buddies - Health Relationship Rewrite- Immersive Battlefields - No more Clones - Useful Companions - Small Talk - Succession Laws and Civil Wars - Realistic Prisoners . Pick them as you like. On Steam workshop Some other ones i use . Peasants Revenge - Player Governor - Tutelage ( i am using this on new patch and it works) - Fourberie ( Cunning ) added assassination and personal enemies - Today we feast - Governors handle issues - Xorberax's Legacy ( I only use the work in villages the rest i turn off ) - Marry anyone - Powerful Heroes ( i made heroes a bit stronger than regular troops) - Helmet hair cover - Rename companions ( helped me remember my wanders - Dismemberment (plus) .

All the mods are depend on what patch your on and you must have these next mods to make most mods work.. Harmony - ButterLib - UIExtenderEX- Mod Configuration Menu.

I don't play the overhauls as i like Calradia a lot and TW as mad a great world. Its just NPC and interaction with them is weak. But Battles are to me at least really fun. Especially after 1.2.0 and the increase in combat A.I .

Hope this helps there's video's on youtube explaining how to add mods. Once you get used to it it's easy. Just always check the version you on. Also on steam if you backup a clean bannerlord installation. You can if you need to uninstall bin the files i told you and restore your game in like 30mins max for me.

Hope this helps
Roz

Clan relation can get cheaper marriages or defections, other than that it's useless. They say if notables like you they will offer higher troops execpt they do that anyway, I routinely recruit tier 3 and 4 without worry about relationship at all

Clan relation can get cheaper marriages or defections, other than that it's useless. They say if notables like you they will offer higher troops execpt they do that anyway, I routinely recruit tier 3 and 4 without worry about relationship at all
And having max relation only makes the detection 5% cheaper, so yeah it's pretty useless in every regard, despite being a key game mechanic.

It’s not that they necessarily offer higher tier troops. They give you access to more columns of recruitment. There are also some perks that give you some access, but it still makes a difference. Columns to the right are more likely to have high tier troops because other lords are less likely to have access to them. But high tier troops can even appear all the way to the left if no one is recruiting from that notable for a while.

This is also mostly only relevant on bannerlord difficulty since the lower difficulty also unlocks more recruitment columns by default.

I ran across a notable that I had a -15 relation score and she still was willing to sell me her business and caravan.
The workshops are a different issue altogether. It’s honestly absurd how it works. The price should be similar to how marriage works, with the caveat that it always costs something.

But that is different from them trusting you with a quest and giving you the addresses of capable fighters looking for work.

Lords/Ladies refuse to play board games with you.
I don’t understand why people can’t just actual answers and not just snark.

Having good and bad relations with nobles affects the amount of influence it takes to bring them into your army.

That’s a bit more then the “nothing” being stated by many. Could it be more? Certainly, and should. But it’s hard to take complaints seriously when you don’t even understand what’s already laid out and there

I don’t understand why people can’t just actual answers and not just snark.

Having good and bad relations with nobles affects the amount of influence it takes to bring them into your army.

That’s a bit more then the “nothing” being stated by many. Could it be more? Certainly, and should. But it’s hard to take complaints seriously when you don’t even understand what’s already laid out and there
I mean, you'll probably make your own clans and have very high relations forever anyways. Similarly the "will they raid you if they like you/" doesn't matter as they will just raid your vassal instead, which you have no way to make the be friends.

So to clear up a few things and go over what some others have said:

At -10 relations, you don't get quests from notables anymore.

What you can recruit from a notable is heavily dependent on your relations with that notable, but there are other factors involved, such as perks (a charm one which gives +1 from rural or urban notables) and if the notable is in your faction or not. If you're at war with a notables faction you need something like 60 (maybe more?) relation to max recruit from them, whereas you can do that with something like 20 if they're within your faction.

Also for owning towns notable relations are HUGE. I haven't figured out the exact mechanics but every 100ish relation with the notables in your town gives you +0.5 to loyalty. With high enough relations you can hit high loyalty even in an off culture town.

And one of the most noticeable things of relations with other clans is calling them to armies. Extremely expensive if they dislike you, extremely cheap if they're a friend, which perfectly fits the entire concept of influence.

So to clear up a few things and go over what some others have said:

At -10 relations, you don't get quests from notables anymore.

What you can recruit from a notable is heavily dependent on your relations with that notable, but there are other factors involved, such as perks (a charm one which gives +1 from rural or urban notables) and if the notable is in your faction or not. If you're at war with a notables faction you need something like 60 (maybe more?) relation to max recruit from them, whereas you can do that with something like 20 if they're within your faction.

Also for owning towns notable relations are HUGE. I haven't figured out the exact mechanics but every 100ish relation with the notables in your town gives you +0.5 to loyalty. With high enough relations you can hit high loyalty even in an off culture town.

And one of the most noticeable things of relations with other clans is calling them to armies. Extremely expensive if they dislike you, extremely cheap if they're a friend, which perfectly fits the entire concept of influence.
Recruiting clans into your faction will also be marginally influenced by relationships, but is overshadowed by other factors.

Very true. There is some depth to mechanics of this game but you have some people that seem to also want a mechanic to be a 100% do-it-all function.
Maybe, but random critical successes and critical failures seem too frequent when attempting to recruit clans to a faction. Rather than random swings to keep all options viable, I'd prefer more logical outcomes. When a faction's in deep trouble (close to extinction) it's clans should be more liable to defect irrespective of other factors or relationships. AFAIK the strategic status is ignored in deciding outcomes.

You also need high relations with non-noble notables to get them as a supporter, which in turn produces influence. This wasn’t a big deal due to the insane influence you got from the charm tree perk, but now it has been rather nerfed (probably slightly too much. It should at least still scale at least. My suggestion would be for it to give .02 influence per day per point in charm, allowing for a little whip cream on your shake if you do go full charm investment).

They also killed the influence you got from an early charm perk doing tourneys, so with other outlets closing, getting supporters is becoming more important.

Back
Top Bottom