NPC Relation Score What Does it Affect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sreaction

Regular
So I noticed the NPC relation score does not seem as important as it was for MB Warband. For example, you can have a -5 relation with an NPC and they will still sell a business or caravan to you, they will still give you quests and interact with you. If you have a negative relation score with a love interest it does not matter since the lead of the house may just ask for a dowry to marry her. In what situation does having a bad relation score affect you in a negative way? I suppose if you start your own kingdom it may affect recruiting lords to join you, but if you dont go that route...

Last edited:
All game mechanics are hidden from the player and only TW knows how everything works.

So I noticed the NPC relation score does not seem as important as it was for MB Warband. For example, you can have a -5 relation with an NPC and they will still sell a business or caravan to you, they will still give you quests and interact with you. If you have a negative relation score with a love interest it does not matter since the lead of the house may just ask for a dowry to marry her. In what situation does having a bad relation score affect you in a negative way? I suppose if you start your own kingdom it may affect recruiting lords to join you, but if you dont go that route...
They will stop giving you quest below -10 if I recall correctly. It also affect how much you have to pay in dowry and, ofcourse, your ability to recruit troops from them.

The only significant issue I've seen are that a faction leader won't let you become a vassal if you have more then -5 (I think?) relation. Loosing a recruitment slot can be circumvented by perks or being in the owning faction to give you slots.

Lords/Ladies refuse to play board games with you.
Found that one out pretty early, also early game I usually attack caravans since my my party is so small and not made up of top tier units. I imagine the relations of the NPC caravans I attacked degrade, but its rare to attack the same notables caravan more than once or twice. After early game attacking caravans is a moot point since my party is large, slower and I have better things to do than look for easy victories. The point is I havent run into a notable with relations so bad they wont interact with me. Even if there was one or two there are so many it makes it easy to ignore and just move on to the next one.

Late game, recruiting clans from other factions is important and bad relationships influence but don’t preclude outcomes.

Relation with nobles is largely meaningless to the player. This is one of the biggest problems with the game at present, because the whole point of doing quests for nobles is to build relation, but that relation basically means **** all.

Relation with nobles is largely meaningless to the player. This is one of the biggest problems with the game at present, because the whole point of doing quests for nobles is to build relation, but that relation basically means **** all.
doesn't it influence the chance of raiding your villages?
In my opinion it shoud affect this:
- availability of recruitment in fiefs belonging to the noble. (why would you be allowed to empty a recruitment pool of any noble). it makes more sence if you first develop a relationship
- reduces influence cost of joining your army (could be already in the game, not sure)
- a really bad relationship could function as a nemesis system. Your enemy would try to target your fiefs, parties and caravans specificly.

doesn't it influence the chance of raiding your villages?
It does, with the caveat that I believe they will still raid you if there is no-one else they can raid.
- availability of recruitment in fiefs belonging to the noble. (why would you be allowed to empty a recruitment pool of any noble). it makes more sence if you first develop a relationship
It does
- reduces influence cost of joining your army (could be already in the game, not sure)
It does, 100 relationship reduce the cost of calling a party with 50%.
- a really bad relationship could function as a nemesis system. Your enemy would try to target your fiefs, parties and caravans specificly.
To the best of my knowledge that is not in the game.

It does
i didn't notice this. I can ride in to a city and recuit all the available units exluding the ones locked behind the relationship with the notable. It would make sense that the relationship with the owning noble also plays a role.

i didn't notice this. I can ride in to a city and recuit all the available units exluding the ones locked behind the relationship with the notable. It would make sense that the relationship with the owning noble also plays a role.
Ahh ok, no, I just misunderstood. It is just the relationship with the specific npc that you are recruiting from that matter

Traits and relationship are personally my biggest problem with game, they are all but pointless. A friends and enemy system work work wonders with bannerlord and help improve the story and immersion in sand box .

They will stop giving you quest below -10 if I recall correctly. It also affect how much you have to pay in dowry and, ofcourse, your ability to recruit troops from them.
I ran across a notable that I had a -15 relation score and she still was willing to sell me her business and caravan.

Back
Top Bottom